Computer chairs

I figured this place is relevant but I'm starting to develop knee pain when sitting at a computer for a long time. I work 8 hours a day and my gaming hobby puts me in front of a pc for another few hours a day. I read somewhere that a good chair would have good back support and be tall so you can stretch your legs out? I work from home a lot so I'm not afraid on splurging a little more than usual for a chair. I'm sure pic related is a meme but what are some good comfortable chairs that are good for the back/legs for long periods of time

Other urls found in this thread:

hoeffner.de/artikel/10353812
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You feel it, too, don't you?

Make ya own/ get a workshop to mount it to a base for you.
Pic related.
Cost me $100AUD for two (2) Nissan R33 seats.

That doesn't look comfortable at all user

Yeah I'm getting old, bleh

Actually after further inspection in actually interested in the full process of you making that because the quality looks pretty good, maybe it is comfortable.

you dont sit at a desk the same way you'd sit in a car.

DX Racer is a good but expensive alternative to this. That being said, every auto seat especially bucket seats are designed VERY SPECIFICALLY for the car that they are placed in.

Unless you know what you're doing you're going to have less features like no tilt and hydraulics. And if you take into consideration how many people rave about proper balance and weight distribution on DX racers, you might want to rethink custom building your own over just buying one.

Trust me, I'd love to throw my old recaros on a hydraulic pump. But honestly at the end of the day I'd rather send it to somebody who knows what they're doing.

Ever see that image of the guy who had a cheap hydraulic pump explode through his chair? Talk about rectal bleeding..

But it is. Only issue is nut space, but I'm 110kgs 6'2". Good for stints of 10+ hours. So kinda a non issue.
A welder drill and square tubing. Under the seat it already has bolt holes for where the seat rails would normally go. Just make a square and drill holes to bolt through. Then frame off that to the piece that would normally screw into a cheep computer chair and weld.
You can get away with only bolts, but will rattle over time. If you can assemble meccano you can mount a seat to a base.
Even do it with wood if you're that way inclined.
If you get a workshop to do it, make sure they mount it rear off center. To give better balance.
Don't stress about armrests. They fuck up your posture more than they are worth.
But you do. Just that your knees are at a different angle. Or you have the seat tilted back like a massive faggot.
Nothing you've said is vaguely true. Other than DX shills being a thing.
>cheap hydraulic pump explode through his chair?
How man tonnes of force you think it takes to lift a person? Plus there's steel over the top of the hydraulic ram from the original chair. It would have to be a seized cylinder with a actual pump capable of a thousand psi and a perfect sudden pinhole to even go through fabric. Talking I accidentally a high pressure jet stream. A crack would just create mist. And catastrophic failure wouldn't have the force.
I'm a boilermaker. You're mentally retarded.

Get a Herman Miller embody if you're balling

>I'm 110kgs 6'2"

It's clear now that the chair isn't the problem. Maybe lose weight. Your knees will be thankful not only now but 10 years in the future.

I'm strong fat. I can lose a bit. But I won't go under 95. Tree trunks for thighs. So the bucket seat keeps them together, preventing an adequate man spread for my body type.

You're a stupid nigger. You can say whatever you want about hydraulics and how it's impossible for chairs to fail catastrophically and injure somebody.

But it just makes you look like a fucking retard considering that chairs fail regularly. Some more dangerously than others, sure. But cheap pressurized components certainly have the potential to hurt people. You're a retard if you think otherwise. ESPECIALLY in the case of DIY projects by untrained professionals taking advice from people on a Chinese imageboard used primarily for drawings of underage children to fap to.

Wrong user, user. Regardless I run and lift weekly anyways but it's the long sitting fucking me up. I'm using some chair I got on sale at Office Depot that's like knock off luxury or whatever

Just curious what's a good one, but for 500+ the chair better give me head whenever I sit in it

They're barely even pressurized. That's why when you pull the lever when sitting on it, it goes down.
This isn't even bait. Is it. You're genuinely trying to shill consumer products.
You've only been right about one thing.
>imageboard used primarily for drawings of underage children to fap to.

Anyone got better suggestions than a R33 seat?
I'm thinking of making another one.
One choice is a Holden VT commodore with electrics. (Chevy omega)
I'll properly make a custom base for that to give a space to hang a battery.
I'm interested in Volvo seats with the speakers in the headrest.
I can set it up to send sound wireless. Just not too much of a fan of leather.
I'll even consider a truck seat. (Not from a 4X4 you dense Americans, "Big rig")

Short bump. Got something to take care of.

Just ordered this thing.

What is this thing?

Can't google search it cuz I'm a mobile shitter

hoeffner.de/artikel/10353812

Like that it reclines. Nifty design with the arm rests.

Get one of

Steelcase Leap
Herman Miller Aeron
HON Nucleus

last one is my favorite out of the 3

Check out today's upgrade... Been after an Aeron for a while after using them at work. Beats this piece of shit that came with the room I'm renting.

Second for Aeron. Look at this beauty. You will never sit at something more comfortable than it.

the arm rest don't look comfortable