ITT: We congratulate Denmark for being the first country to remove a mental illness from the mental illness list! Go...

ITT: We congratulate Denmark for being the first country to remove a mental illness from the mental illness list! Go Denmark!

rt.com/news/345035-transgender-mental-illness-denmark/

Other urls found in this thread:

press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jcem.85.5.6564
brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/131/12/3132.full
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault#Madness_and_Civilization:_1960
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>first country to remove a mental illness from the mental illness list! Go Denmark!
nope, you were the first.

how isn't it a mental illness? i mean you can be sane and get the surgery or dress however you want, i accept that. but many are probably ill, right? by taking this off the list of illnesses we stop trying to treat it or figure out why it happens.

There's no possibility for a cure and it doesn't cause anything negative so why classify it as an illness?

Hilarious how western world keeps on getting deeper and deeper into this deranged crap while shitholes that cling to old traditions and orthodox stance on religion stay relatively sane for centuries to come. Destruction of western world best day of my life.

t. Tranny

it goes hand in hand with a lot of other illnesses. it might not be the illness but for a lot of people it may be a symptom of the illness. it tends to go hand in hand with schizophrenia.

i used hand in hand twice. thats sloppy writing and i apologize.

post-op suicide rates are incredibly high. It's objectively, without a doubt a mental illness and should not be pandered to like this.

Yes, I'm sure that less than 1% of the population of first countries getting surgery to change gender will be the downfall of Western civilization, as opposed to all those economically viable, politically stable third world shitholes that spend more efforts into imprisoning or killing gay people than they do teaching their population to read, sure.

That's why we can't have nice things

the classify schizophrenia as a mental illness and ignore trannies

its like saying sneezing is a disease because its a symptom of some

Also a lot of trannies end up killing themselves not because they get bullied or because the "society doesn accept them" but rather because of the constant internal crisis of your brain telling you things that dont match your body and it wont go away no matter how many fucked up surgeries you take. Tell me how behaviour like this is not mental illness?

So useless, mentally ill people are going to off themselves, because they wont get medication to cure their mental illness?
Well Played, Danemarkium

depression is a symptom of a lot of diseases. that doesn't mean its not itself an illness.

It's impossible to say whether or not transgenderism is to blame for high suicide rates when society treats them like shit. Clearly how you are treated by your peers is a major factor in suicidal thoughts

>it tends to go hand in hand with schizophrenia.
This is really vague and weakly linked

depression can occur standalone lmao and is still just as much of a mental issue because its negative effect is still full force. Your argument was tranniness is a mental illness because it is linked to schizophrenia, but when its standalone that argument is gone

but doesn't it stand alone. they suffer delusions of being another gender and we "treat" it by by agreeing with those delusions. is there anything going on in the brain that we can see to make us think they have a womans brain?

tbqh you've proven yourself to be retarded enough to make me have no more will to continue this

and its also ironic because yes, trannie brains do have more of a resemblance to that of a womens than regular men, and it causes no actual negative side effects apart from cultural

Does it make it difficult to function in society? Should we dedicate tax money to "curing" men who feel like women?

>trannie brains do have more of a resemblance to that of a womens than regular men, and it causes no actual negative side effects apart from cultural

no they don't. tranny brains resemble tranny brains. not male or female. look it up faggot.

>more of a resemblance =/= 100% similar

press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/jcem.85.5.6564

brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/131/12/3132.full

honestly though i've been baited for 2 long, this is as far as I go, could literally pull up 5 more sources

Literally none of you have done detailed research or talked to trans people about the most effective way for them to lead a full life. You are all full of shit insecure manbabies who get off on the idea of being contrarian, that's all. This will effect none of you ever and you are still mad because your lives are so pathetic and uneventful that you dont have any real problems to worry about

neither of thoses sources says what you're asserting. they don't resemble the brains of the opposite gender. a transgender man and transgender woman have brains that look more like each others thant the opposite sex. look it up faggot.

Watch out, you don't want to get your "knickers" in a twist

>walk into this thread
>check his first source
>literally first source talks about trannies having female levels of neurons in limbic nucleus (part of the brain u fuck)

has Sup Forums become Sup Forums?

I can actually tell you are stupid irl just reading back your text posts

>*sheathes katana and heelies out of this thread*

Ill twist your knickers Hans Strudelshit

So, I can finnaly cross out Denmark as civilised country.

The OP topic is about Denmark removing being transgender from the mental issues list, discussing about it is Sup Forums regardless of how offended you are.

>T-the slippery slope is just a fallacy, y-you know
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

>it doesn't cause anything negative

hmmm

Look, I have nothing against transgender people, but there is a clear difference between them and gay people. Homosexuals, given a supportive environment, can be perfectly fulfilled and productive members of society. But all of the hugs and kisses in the world won't cure transgender people of gender dysphoria and dysmorphia.

>people carrying out mutilation of their reproductive systems.
>not mentally ill.
Choose one and ONLY one of the above.

gender dysphoria is a mental issue just as body dysmorphia

wew

Dane boys are growing boobs naturally so this is not surprising

Goddammit, I wasn't even aware this was happening

About time, I guess.

The term "Mental Illness" should just be abolished completely tbqh. Yes there are deviants but the line between what makes you "mentally ill" or not is so blurry it's practically non existent, as well as being misrepresentation of supposedly "mentally ill" people.

>flag
haha

Foucault, please go back to your grave and make sure the lid is sealed properly this time

you country is by itself a nice example of downfall.I hope you realize this, if not you are delusional

kek

Who the hell is he?
>Wikipedia
And what does he have to do with my post?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Foucault#Madness_and_Civilization:_1960

Letting them pretend is the treatment.

>Until the 1970s, psychotherapy was the primary treatment for GID, and generally was directed to helping the person adjust to the gender of the physical characteristics present at birth. Psychotherapy is any therapeutic interaction that aims to treat a psychological problem. Though some clinicians still use only psychotherapy to treat GID, it may now be used in addition to biological interventions as treatment for GID.[43] Psychotherapeutic treatment of GID involves helping the patient to adapt.
>Attempts to "cure" GID by changing the patient's gender identity to reflect birth characteristics have been ineffective.

true or not, do people not question WHY this is?
environmental and genetic reasoning for this to happen

nothing "just happens"

It may not be classified as a mental illness but I still don't want to Fuggg you

I heard it's because the brain and body are affected unevenly by what changes people into men, before birth. So the brain may be turned into a male brain, while the rest of the body not, or the other way around

They just hate themselves. It's like being born ugly and undergoing plastic surgery.

>They just hate themselves. It's like being born ugly and undergoing plastic surgery.
I was about to write this but now that I think about it, that's literally what's happening. The brain develops a physiology that doesn't match its body and through psychological processes that would make Freud cream himself, it starts resenting itself and seeks out to rebuild the body to more closely match itself.

Dont you guys get it? This is a good thing. By allowing these retards to get surgery it just makes the process of them killing themselves quicker. By 2030 these faggots will be completely eradicated from the genepool.

I would disagree but every transgender I have met has had a ton of mental problems or personal problems or background issues.

It has never been I am perfectly normal but I identify as a different gender, theres always a ton of other problems there too.
The only normalish one I met was the guy who dressed a girl for money.

"I-If I mutilate my genitalia everything will be better!"
>not a free ticket to the looney bin

No European country reversed or abolished liberal policies. Euros accepted homos, they'll accept trannies too. You can always rely on euros to cave in to liberals.

>trannies
>sane

Note the Masonic hand gesture. Only Men can be Masons.