Why didn't ex Spanish colonial countries became a coalition like commonwealth?

Why didn't ex Spanish colonial countries became a coalition like commonwealth?

Liberals... from both sides

Because Ferdinand VII was an idiot.

Because sudacas are monkeys

Because Fernando VII was clinically retarded and refused it when it was proposed by Mexico.

Mexico, Peru and Colombia were CUNTS that abused the other colonial territories.

Because they're subhumans.

What did we do ?
Bolivar was Venezuelan.

Because they arent a leaf

Literally this.

He wasn't Colombian, that's what I mean.
The bully was Chile 2bh.
And the Argies, when they stopped fighting each other.

The Organization of Iberoamerican States exists. It doesn't have nearly as much power as the Commonwealth does though.

>The bully was Chile
-In 1821 Chile helped to make Peru independent from Spain
-In 1839 Chile helped to make Peru independent from Bolivia
-In 1865 Chile helped Peru while they were being attacked by Spain
-In 1885 The USA intervened in Panamá, the Chilean Navy and the Colombian Army made the Americans retire from Panamá
-In 1888 Chile made a treaty with Argentina and we resolved our border problems without going to a single war

Real talk here, why I see so many chileans and argentinians fight to each other?

Bolivians continue crying about their coast.
Paraguay got bullied hard :'(.

Malvinas

Because this is an anonymous board and here every south american hates every other south american. The only thing southamericans agree is on hating everything in central and north america even more

explain

All neighbours have taken Bolivian territory, Chile is the one that has taken the least amount of Bolivian land.

Chile did nothing to Paraguay, that was Argentina and Brazil

What did Mexico do?

When Mexico, Argentina too I think, got Independence they offered the crown to Ferdinand VII, Mexico would be an independent nation and no longer a colony, but still close to Spain.
Ferdinand refused, refused to recognise any of the new countries and soured relations with them, they invaded some years later.
Had he been smarter it's very likely the Spanish speaking world would be closer and we'd all have a Spanish king, like the Brit Commonwealth.

Mexico malo pé destrozo mi URSS andina pé

Poor Bolivia

Bolivia should be anexed by Peru imo. I can't justify their existence as an independent country and probably neither do them. They need to constantly reinforce the nation-state meme with a 19th century narrative.

He was the only one who could have done it, since he was the king when the independence happened. So, when he regained power when the French left Spain alone, he had very few options regarding the colonies: a) recognize their independences and leave it at that, b) recognize their independences and create a commonwealth (the fucking best option), or c) try to reconquer them, and obviously fail achieve it. Guess which option he chose.

So, after sending troops here, both from Spain and Cuba, and failing to reconquer Mexico, he finally recognized our independence in 1836, when the independence was proclaimed in 1821, making us the first ones to be recognized as a sovering state. The second nation they recognized was Ecuador in 1840.

For some reason he was very well liked by the plebeians back then, being his first nickname "the desired". Which is why the Mexican independentists originally wanted him as the first Emperor of Mexico. That, of course, before he proved to be a psycho moron, his nickname changing to "felon king".

Long story short, he ruined the only real chance at making a commonwealth between hispanic nations, became an absolutist in Spain, and in the process of losing almost more than any human being ever alive, he weakend everyone of us, including Spain.

Truly a fucking moron.

only half of Bolivia looks like Peru tho. the other half should belong to us or Brazil

because they never gave back our horo

I literally know nothing about the chilean war against Bolivia, but taking their only exit to the sea was kind of rude to be honest

Yeah but taking the sea access was a circumstantial externality. The idea was to keep the land for mining purposes. And it was a result of a war the Chile never wanted and didn't even started.

Peruvian and bolivian gbmnts tought it would be a good idea to team up and it backfired.

He also killed all the liberals that fought for him against the french and derogated the first spanish constitution

Interesting
I'll get around to reading some books about it someday

Unrelated, but I just want to point out what a marvelous piece of art this painting is, truly a masterpiece

Man, this painting looks so nice.

Not enough unity around the king`s image
Freemasonry
Illuminist ideals
A lot of internal fights
Race mixing
Add all that to a lot of hate against the colonizators and voila

memes

We love memes

It all yours, but promise me you won't let them enter here

We're on it right now.

Spain and Mexico can choke on a cock and die for all we care.

Is your country going to live thanks to your coke?

Yep, what about yours?

Yep, we live thanks to your coke

Greatest clients.

Because they hate each other

Y-you too

No it shouldn't.

We should buy a lot to sell it around europe, amigo.

I'm saving this for the "If you can go back in time, who would you shot" threads.

He was the fucking worst ruler we ever had and I'm including Franco and pic related here. First he conspired with Napoleon to rule as his puppet, but Napoleon was the smartest guy of his era and knew that this moron could not even rule Civilization V Poland in settler difficulty. So Le Petit Caporal put his bro Joseph, another smart man, in charge, tried to modernise the country himself and stupid Spaniards fought the Bonapartes hard because of MUH KING MUH CHURCH MUH ABSOLUTISM.

When the war with Napoleon was over, F7 had the opportunity to reform Spain into a modern empire, with citizens' rights and stuff, and he should have given American-born Spaniards the chance to rise to the highest ranks because that's what they wanted in the first place. (Until then, only European-born Spaniards had the right to become governors and generals, which obviously pissed off the Latin American elite.) F7 would have none of it and declared all liberals, first and foremost those who won Spain back from the French for him, traitors to the crown, and tried to take Latin America back by force. He failed miserably.

Modern Spaniards' view on Latin American independence wars is that those were civil wars among European-born and American-born elites which helped neither the common Spaniard nor the common Latin American. We were never mad about losing the American colonies (only about Cuba and Puerto Rico but that's because we gave them to the eternal Anglo), in fact, Spanish soldiers never wanted to cross the Atlantic and die for a king they never believed in or an unjust cause (the subjugation of Latin Americans whom they saw as fellow oppressed countrymen). After a sailors' rebellion in 1820, no more Spaniards joined the fight against the Libertadores.

>but Napoleon was the smartest guy of his era and knew that this moron could not even rule Civilization V Poland in settler difficulty

I lol'd

Hispanic are enemies by nature

>filename
fucking lost it

It's weird when you consider that the independence war (at least here) was more about royalist and antiroyalist, and many of the last ones were spanish born.