>try different timings
>still nothing
th-thanks AMD

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/Yr7CmG/crucial-memory-bls2k4g4d240fsb
pcpartpicker.com/product/Bx648d/gskill-memory-f42800c16d8grr
pcpartpicker.com/list/4BHhr7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop buying experimentally high frequency RAM sticks.

There is barely any performance boost to anything you're able to utilize.

werks on my machine faggot

this month major microcode update to help RAM timings

but either way, I have 3200mhz ram on my asus ROG with ryzen 1700X

why do you need 2133mhz for?

Which kit? Hynix or Samsung dies?

BUT WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT™®

This, why you need 1600 Mhz? You need 1333.

>buy 32GB of 2133MHz DDR4 for $90
>OC's perfectly to 2400MHz
Thanks Skylake

>buy 3200mhz ram and asrock taichi motherboard
>loads xmp perfectly

I was able to OC mine

G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600mhz 32GB

works fine in X.M.P

3200mhz? What do you need 2800 mhz for? I don't even have 2400 mhz!

This isn't true with the ryzen chips, they get a 10-15% increased performance with faster RAM

Op literally shit in tinkering, some people running 3200+ form day one, waiting for bios update is for noob

This is a motherboard problem not AMD's fault else this would be a problem on all motherboards.

Your fault, dumbass. It's been known since a day or two after launch that you need Samsung B-die kits if you want to run 3200MHz or more. Plenty of lists out there of kits which will work.

It is a problem on all motherboards

Look on the bright-side, at least you don't have to deal with housefires.

My i7 7700K reaches 78C while under load despite it being water cooled with a Corsair h50 water cooler. Haven't even overclocked it yet. Best I can do is underclock this piece of shit to 4 GHz to maintain a maximum temp of around 67C.

I am fucking done with intel, i'm definitely getting an r7 1700 next.

3200MHz CL14 works for me. Update your BIOS or use a non-shit motherboard, faggot.

increase voltage. There's likely a cold boot bug right now with the memory controller.

/thread

that water cooler is a thin ass 120mm rad. I bet it barely has the thermal mass and surface area of a hyper 212. That said, 78c on a hyper 212 at stock clocks is still pretty shitty. Have you diagnosed everything else? Reapply thermal paste just to be sure? Decent air flow?
My 6600k only does 79c when doing a full video export at 4.2ghz btw.
Oh, and the Kabylake delid thing was known since before launch.

On all three motherboards

x99 had this same problem when it first came out, but atleast it didn't take long for manufactures to update microcode/bios, people to use single rank samsung b-die ram (which btw if you run 3200 with shitty timings on hynix, you might as well just get 64GB at 2400), and for g.skill to do r&d for ryzen optimized ram.

I'm sorry, but AMD is mostly for slightly more advanced users (know how to raise RAM speeds, wipe their own ass, etc)...

ahahaha i'm on intel and X99 i'm going to use 2666Mhz and my CPU Strap/BCLK is still x100 didn't get no funnybuggers like x125. post just fine with no error code BD yay

Or...

Or you could you know...

Just buy a better Ryzen chip or GPU with that money you're wasting on faster RAM.

It's kind of pointless to spend more than 20% OVER what a standard 2400Mhz kit of the capacity you want costs.

Like, sure if this is what the cheapest 8GB of DDR4 costs at 2400mhz costs:

$60: pcpartpicker.com/product/Yr7CmG/crucial-memory-bls2k4g4d240fsb

And you see this is also available at $6 more:
pcpartpicker.com/product/Bx648d/gskill-memory-f42800c16d8grr

It might be worthwhile to bump up the speed a bit. But I see way too many retards literally believing that the faster memory is the magic sauce that makes Ryzen builds work.

Remember that you're building a PC for a fixed budget and splurging >$100 on RAM is kind of pointless when you should be directing that money to more worthwhile components which have bigger effects on the end-system-performance.

Even for Ryzen, I'd still say a good HSF or a larger SSD is more important than blazing fast memory.

how can I improve this build, budgest is 900, no need for gpu pcpartpicker.com/list/4BHhr7

>ryzenkeks need special ram to perform
KEK

Update your BIOS dingus.

> same situation for initial x99
> thinks it's only ryzen

this thread smells..... of young fags
trolololol.

1. reset everything to defaults
2. update your UEFI
3. reset to defaults again
4. load XMP profile, save and restart WITHOUT CHANGING OTHER SETTINGS YET
5. tweak UEFI
6. ???
7. profit

Works fine on my Crosshair VI

This.

I've recently been putting together a bunch of ryzen builds for some friends of mine and one madman got a quad of 3600MHz sticks kit. (g.skill I think?)

I didn't think It'd work but holy mother of fuck it did when I reset to defaults, saved and restarted before trying to load the XMP profile.

You'll be fine with dual rank RAM on 2600MHz, going even higher is actually faster than 3200MHz single rank samsung B-die

Anyhow, if you're buying I'd advise to wait a week or two for the memory compatibility AGESA update to hit, they said they're focusing on Hynix chips.
Apparently nobody gives a shit about micron

>micron
>implying anyone but Kingston destitutefags with 20CL timings use Micron

That shit is African $20 phone-tier memory

Bought 3200 with ryzen, can only get 2933.

same here

see
don't forget to restart after step 3