How to learn Linux?

Hello Sup Forums,

Im a newbie with zero experience on Linux trying to learn said OS. I've recently installed Ubuntu. What should I do next after the installation?

I've already configured my wireless driver.

Other urls found in this thread:

tldp.org/guides.html
linuxjourney.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Continue on with your life until things aren't working or you need to install more software?

learn the command line. read manuals. install a wm.

> just installed linux, what do?

this question gets asked far too much. what do you want to do? think about that. and then do that.

Yeah, I'll dive into the command lines since that is what I really want to understand about Linux. Thanks. If you guys got any documentation or any info you're welcome to post them

Install Windows.

/thread

How bow you think bout deez nutz

find a book on the linux command line and one how to use linux (try something thats more advanced) and perhaps tailored towards ubuntu

btw never change your distro. its a complete waste of time. ubuntu is a solid linux distro. just use that and move on with your life.

Install Windows.
No really, GnooSlashLinucks is pointless, it's mostly just for hippies too poor / dumb to buy a Mac / pull off a Hackintosh.

[spoiler]How else are you going to play games?[/spoiler]

tldp.org/guides.html
Are a good place to start.
Especially their advanced bash is a good source of information.

Try to install arch

install gentoo

>what do you want to do? think about that. and then do that
this, stop being a woman

Try to install Arch Linux (preferably in a VM) and see how you build a whole system from packages. Will give you good understanding of how the Linux Distros work and a bit of experience with bash commands and using the Arch wiki (which is very handy for ANY distro).

install funtoo

Read about its philosophy directory structure, packages, repos, permissions, get used to the way the system is organised. Open a terminal and use some basic commands, later check out bash scripting.

linuxjourney.com/

The next step you should take after the installation is to install Gentoo.

gay/10

You picked the best distro, at least. Terry Davis uses it and he's God's most recent prophet since Joseph Smith.

Install steam

Useful software
Drawing: krita, mypaint
Office:libre office,wps office
Internet:chrome,chromium,iridium,palemoon...
Video editing:kdenlive, lightworks,openshot,blender,flowblade,
Image editing: gimp,darktable
Emulators:ppsspp,pcsx2,epsxe,dolphin...
Audio editing: audacity, ardour(probably)
Programming:text editor plus compiler should work just fine
Livestream:OBS,vlc

use omgubuntu.co.uk for newbie news and software(even shows you how to install software)

rekt

>not an amerifag
>don't give a shit

>reddit

if you want to learn about linux, this is a good site to start:
linuxjourney.com/

Okay
>greentext

%triforce