How does this image make you feel?

How does this image make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4jCtGRPNDtM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If there's an iMac "Pro" refresh you can bet your ass that someone somewhere is gonna find some way to rackmount it.
That's how I feel.

Feels as useful as getting normal rackmount servers covered in diamonds

There's just no way that is a cost effective server solution... right?

They should have installed ejection handles on the cans for aesthetics

ios/mac development requires macs. Though I think using racked mac minis is more cost- and space-efficient

They're probably not even a company anymore.
Startups don't last very long, especially not your dime a dozen VPS hosting companies.

>Though I think using racked mac minis is more cost- and space-efficient
Racking Mac minis made some sort of sense, you can actually stuff quite a few in the space of 4U. Racking Mac Pros is the point where you start to wonder "okay but", and I bet if we see racked iMacs, it'll just be pure Tony Kornheiser "why".

We have about 2000 of them in these exact fucking racks we hate them. But fucking apple wont let us run fucking vm's. But we need to do testing on Mac OS, so we have no choice.

It looks cool. Doesn't evoke much feelings.

Seems absurdly costly and inefficient.

i want this image burned into my fucking retinas

Imagine how many more Macs you can cram into the same space when you use a thinner solution.

mac minis are significantly less powerful than mac pros.
With mac minis "loaded" with 16 gigs of ram you can run like 5 or 6 VMs before the cpu starts to choke up.
But with the mac pro you can easily run 20-30 vms on one system

Yo dawg! I heard you like wasting space?!

On the other hand you can put 16 Mac Minis into 4U compared to two Mac Pros

Fucking jealous. It's just missing some colour.

If you could hotswap an rack by simply unlocking via the theoretic handle, twisting, and pulling, that would be hella dope.

WHY

Makes me feel like cylinders are the worst shape for a server.

All the screens propped open instead of just changing the settings so closing the lid doesn't suspend

the worst kind of cancer

>mac
>change the settings

CDJs suck.

Weirdly aesthetic

Serious question: what's the purpose of such setups?

I guess people who are dependent on using Apple servers simply had to improvise after xServe and the rack-mountable MacPro got axed.

In other words people just got jewed hard and had no other choice, but bend over and spread their ass?

applefags gladly bend over

Ur the one who's getting choked up by Apple dicks

Holy shit, this. Especially with an unlocking sound and liquid nitrogen coming out, like a frozen virus sample.

Sadly that still doesn't justify the ~1k $ extra you have to shell out per unit for the same performance...

Makes me feel like you're a retard.

which is without the $800 rack mount

macfags gonna macfag, nothing else to say

If you're doing any kind of large scale software development you'll want to have proper testing setup for automated testing. You'll also want to run the tests in an environment that's as close to the production environment.

Maybe you're building desktop applications for macOS or want to ensure that macOS + Safari work out for your webapp. Maybe even with older versions of the OS and browser.

Well macOS license forbids running it on non Apple hardware even for development purposes. Apple doesn't make rackable servers either. Only thing you can do is buy their consumer stuff and try to manage it the best you can.

I guess it can help cooling those shitters so they don't throttle to 0,9GHz

reminds me of fuel rods in a nuclear reactor

probably runs just as hot

makes me miss xserve, those were aesthetic as fuck for rackmount kit

What the FUCK is going on here!?

I didn't even know Macs were usable for enterprise stuff.

Where are all the power adapters?

Two CPUs in 4U wont run hot at all.

But that's not illegal right? I mean, I understand that expecting IBM or Google to do hackintoshes is absurd, but then again so is this. A standard server rack with macOS VM's and then a final environment with actual Macs seems to make more sense to me.

I assume those are just for testing?

youtu.be/4jCtGRPNDtM

Ahahaha holy fuck what cancer. I love the propped open screens because OSX is inconsistent about waking on USB when the lid is closed no matter what you do with the settings.

>A standard server rack with macOS VM's and then a final environment with actual Macs seems to make more sense to me.
The company offering these is retarded as you imply.

I fucking hate this retard

Like I'm back in building 35 again...

makes me feel poor tbqh

There's an app for that, sweetie.

doesnt work.

if you have power connected you can do clamshell mode natively (but ONLY if you have power connected and run the dedicated gpu), however that picture looks like they have to overlap them like that to get 3 to fit

They even have to keep the screens open

>being too dumb to operate macOS

The ironing.

Nice picture

On the back.

Is that the new setup for hosting the 4chans?

>taking m00ts bait seriously
also nice get on that pic

>implying he's being serious

did they trash the boxes? They sell in ebay for like $25 if you have got all the manuals and documentation

>They sell in ebay for like $25 if you have got all the manuals and documentation

Show me how to do su root on macOS.

>Two CPUs in 4U wont run hot at all.
It was a comment on the trashcan's cooling capabilities, doubt the rack makes any difference aside from that fuel rod aesthetic

There is currently no virtualisation software that can run OSX with good performance.

Some people have more money than sense

>There is currently no virtualisation software that can run OSX with good performance.
Pretty much any can well. If you care about the GUI then you need to pass through a GPU.

For some reason this reminds me of the hal 9000. I just looked and he has little rectangular things but I feel like some part of it was can like objects.

>ios/mac development requires macs. Though I think using racked mac minis is more cost- and space-efficient

Even the apple developers have been caught with hackintoshes.

fine because i'm not a petty faggot

% su - root

I love this guy unironically. He has the money to do stupid shit just for fun, and he has a ball doing it.

>Have macbook
>Try to sell it as new without box
>Or buy the box and manuals and sell it as a complete unit for much more because Normie autism

how the fuck do you even cool that

Apple should make the next Mac Pro rack mount thinshit

It does not.

Are those , dare I say it, ``dongles''?

There is much better hardware to put in a rack like that.

However, removing / adding cylindrical computers would be cool. Feels like something out of a science fiction movie.

Not when you need to use Macs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK

>modget
>nice get
Fucking newfags.

shoo shoo server goblin

This is extremely common in the entertainment industry. The edit bays are connected to the macs with kvm over utp.

t. Linus

This

I hope those servers crush him in this picture.

Comfy

Except for knowing their price, the Mac pro is a nice computer