Why AMD isn't so Ryzen

LOL 24% down since the earning call then 2% more down today. Maybe Ryzen isn't good enough to save AMD to from its demise.

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/faq.html#intel
youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2L3L4E73g&feature=youtu.be&t=792
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4
>R-Ryzen was released in the middle of the quarter just wait for Q2
>S-Still a good buy

I wonder who's the "sell" analyst?

What the fuck does this have to do with ryzen being good or not? Any number of factors can affect that stock value.

Also ryzen turned out to be so good that the only intel CPU worth getting now is the Pentium G4560 if all you do is play video games in your moms basement all day.

Please god let this piece of shit company die.

Looks like it will be a fun ride down back to reality.

Nah, Goldenjews rate it around $10, it'll stay there for a bit and bounce back by Q3

Intel CPU's have small government-embedded CPUs inside of them. These embedded CPUs can control the peripherals and hardware of practically any machine. This means that even if you install OpenBSD the government can still look at you through your webcam, keylog, access your hard drive, send data back to them, etc.

Do gaming benchmarks really affect the perception of a CPU's performance that much?

Awesome. Just bought 200 more share.

AMDs current stock price is still 4 times as high as before Ryzen.

Vega comes out end of this quarter. Ryzen for servers is Q2 as well. End of year AMD will release Vega/Ryzen-Ravenridge for laptops.

If AMD keeps up the pace it will be at $20 per share around next year.

Goldenjews just wants to pump and dump you suckers like the rest of them

that means buy now

The issue is there's no reason to get Ryzen for the average gaymer. The entire argument for Ryzen is that it's great at production and work, and it's "good enough" for games.

Paying the same price or more for less performance that is "good enough" isn't flying with consumers or critics especially when you market it as a gaming CPU. When a 7700k thrashes any cpu from the Ryzen series in games and that "good enough" 80FPS will soon fall even lower as games get demanding with time. Meanwhile the 7700k owners who were getting 150 FPS are sitting comfy with plenty of head room.

R5 is competitive with the non-K i5's. There is a reason for the average gamer to get Ryzen, as not everyone can afford a 7700K.

This

Ryzen being almost as good as Intel processors is not nearly enough

Only rabid AMD fans are buying it

Only legitimate reason to own Ryzen is for doing heavy amounts of encoding & rendering

>i5-k
>competitive

You know the line is dead when BOTH Burke and Salazar tell you there's no point in i5's anymore.

i5s are actually a better deal than Ryzen in most cases

The K is actually one of the worse deals, the rest of them actually fare better due to the price.

>cost per FPS
The fuck

Fuck. I'm selling my 6700k and getting a 7350k. What more do you need, right?

According to your chart the 7700k is worthless.

What a shitty chart.

>source: PC gamer

Of course

Clearly you are retarded

>i5s are actually a better deal than Ryzen in most cases
Good thing the rest of the world doesn't share your retardation.

Doesn't take into consideration that the 1500 is cooler and takes less energy.
Also you get the better cooler if you buy the boxed version.
So from a monetary point they are the same.

Who cares about fucking i3's and literal who i5's
Even the lowend 4 core Ryzens are bad buys, hence being the least popular chips sold.

>2 cores

JUST

Yea, probably. But those benchmarks usually include non-gaming ones too.

>cost per FPS

holy fuck have we reached a new level of retardation

Lel paranoid much

AMD is heading where it belongs.

citigroup is one as they have it pegged at only worth 4$

Ryzen btfoioiooooo

Lul pajeets poo

libreboot.org/faq.html#intel

This is what Inteljews are painting in front of intelshills

I would have pulled out till after vega came out as the market analysts peg amd not competing with nvidia on the gpu front a fairly highly.

hurrr durrr im worthless nothing to hide durrr

intel is losing marketshare to amd without amd even being sold through oems yet.

>that image

I actually like the TR-style scatter plots.
A flat fps/$ figure is retarded though.

This chart is posted by the same retarded shill over and over in every fucking thread. Also it fails to take into account motherboard costs and lack of stock coolers.

lets look at it this way, with a podcast playing or some video in the background going while I play a game, my 8 core ryzen will be able to offload the 5-10% cpu use to non game cores, meanwhile over on a 4 core intel that 5-10% background use is 10-20% and shaves that % right off of top of any fps chart while ryzen is unaffected.

not only that, intel is pegging 100% across all cores, and when the cpu is the bottleneck, your player experience is notably worse then when the gpu is.

enjoy your 8 extra fps for $500

Kill yourself, you lying Shekelchaser.

>Almost as good

^ Senpai

Intel motherboards are even cheaper than Ryzen and all the non-K processors come with coolers

No matter how you stack it, Ryzen is a bad deal

Oh this is great

New one

oy vey antisemite

>8 extra fps
More like 200 extra fps for $300 less

AMD fags are so insane, they're just like libtards, trying to create fake news to distort reality

Oyyyyyy delet

>1xxxxxxxxxx.jpg
>same retarded benches with a 480

Smells hard of poo in here

>tfw buy 1700x like Sup Forums told me to and its slower than the cheaper 6700k and 7700k

>cpu test
>using a 970

>S-Still a good buy
good bye?

>amd flagship loses to 1 year old i5
As expected

both can play this game

Enjoy paying 1000$ for a pentium.

>cinebench
>synthetic benchmark vs real world tests
Poo in loo

Because of the high TDP of her processors.

You dumbfuck, the best thing that can happen for prices is for AMD to die.

Then Intel gets broken up due to monopoly laws and we finally get real competition.

>everything I don't like is rigged

t. intelshills

intel inside, kidney outside

>6 core 12 thread cpu
>vs a 4 core and that's it cpu
>still manages to lose

Go away randomnumers.jpg shill, no one's falling for your poo

Prey will be well optimized for ryzen which will give a better idea of what to expect in the future. Although it seems to be quite lightweight game for cpu usage.

A podcast or video taking 10-20% of a 7700k? Retard. The vast majority of background programs use dick for CPU compared to what a 7700k is packing. RAM is more important.

>why are you not comparing intel CPU's in the only performance they can even compete?

Lul what a piece of shit amd is. $600 cpu trashed by a $350 half core intel

Is it better to do software encode or hardware encode?

Have a 6700k and a 290x.

I do a lot of gaming, encoding, and VM stuff. The R7 series of Ryzen chips was a no brainer. I sold my 6700k/z179 ROG board so I could get the x370 rog and r7-1700X. I paid less than $40 out of pocket.

The only reason to get the 7700k over a 1500X/1600/1600X is if you're playing on a 144hz panel. With Ryzen giving 60fps in all major titles and any resolution beyond 1080p being more GPU bound than anything, Ryzen is fine. Honestly it was worth it for me and the fact that I'm getting fluxless solder under my CPU lid rather than some bullshit thermal paste is great for longevity. It shouldn't be common place for people to be recommending de-lidding your CPU to get the most out of it.

Then there is the accompanied heat as well. My 6700k was hitting 86C during encodes at bone stock speeds. Meanwhile using the same cooler and fan inside the same case, my 1700X only hits 63C while encoding, overclocked to 3.6ghz on all 16 threads. Feels good to be free of Intel. Sucks I still have to use their LAN chipset and laptop chips. The second a high end AMD based laptops hits with good build quality, I'm on it like white on rice.

TL;DR
AMD is doing God's work here and we should all be thankful to Jim "certified shit wrecker" Keller for his work. More cores is officially something that the common man can have cheaply, and you'll never out run this truth intel, no matter how fast your cores or how wide your pipelines.

Oh good, it's another completely offtopic /biz/ thread transitioned into IMG_xxxx.jpg benchmark spammer shitting it up even more. And the mods are too busy fapping to Maki nudes to do anything about it. This is pretty much rock bottom for this shithole of a board, isn't it? How can it get any worse?

You mean Lain nudes?

>86Cvs63C

Jewtel confirmed housefire

This comparison is stupid because no one who spends money for a 1800x/6900k would get a low/mid tier gpu like RX480

Yeah, I would obviously pick VEGA

>I sold my 6700k/z179 ROG board so I could get the x370 rog and r7-1700X.

Just lmao at AMD fags downgrading

youtube.com/watch?v=Zc2L3L4E73g&feature=youtu.be&t=792
>Why no witcher 3 benchmarks?
>oh, thats why

You don't want them compared at the kinds of tasks a 6900k is actually bought for, trust me.

>paying extra money for less performance

just Intelshills

Jokes on you this only makes the 1800x look better than the 6900k

>I do a lot of gaming, encoding, and VM work
>encoding and VM work
>1700X being a downgrade from a measly 8 thread i7

Yeah nah. You're a cunt. Enjoy your 8 thread house fire. Make sure you don't angle the razor blade during the delid otherwise you'll be buying another i7 for full price.

Lol I was arguing against the Shekelchaser