Always used PCs and had flintstones nokia phones

>always used PCs and had flintstones nokia phones
>get the iPhone 4 for free with already paid contract
>never used apple products, currently short on money, whynot.exe
>open thing for the first time, see "facetime" "passbook" "app store" and a huge pile of other crap on the desktop i'll never use
>try to delete, cannot be deleted
>wat.bat
>buy train ticket on the internet, heard you can put it on your phone to avoid printing it
>try to put the pdf on the storage space of my iphone
>impossiburu.rar
>user, you cant do that, you have to install a special app for that or email it to yourself
>the phone is connected via usb to my computer
>but i should email it to my phone
>100facesofconfusion.ppt
>curious to see if I can use this phone like my good old philips mp3 player by dropping my fav tracks or music videos on it.
>user you have to download itunes on your iphone and computer to transfer the files and they have to have the right codec and format
>meanwhile the app store sends me alerts for stuff I dont need/even know what its about
>in the settings section, i see "nike + ipod"
>my phone feels like those recent games where you have to log into three different services to just be allowed to play the game
>i cant customize, import anything and the interface looks like its made for people with cognitive deficiencies
>i can customize "nike+ipod" and choose a "power song".
>i dont even know what it means

I miss my nokia.

It's the same with an Android phone.

I'm not hating on Apple, this technology confuses me. Are there smartphones that are not like that so I could trade my Iphone 4 maybe ?

Well, at least you can drop files to your Android.
But yeah, so much useless bloat.

As a life long Nokia user.. I feel you man.

>you can drop files to your Android
How? Each time I plug my phone to my computer I see no usb drives. I have to transfer over wifi using ssh with termux.

Did you time travel from 2005?
Were you in a coma?

Dunno, I connect it and it just werks (tm). Can see the sd card and the phone storage, maybe try to activate the android developer option in the settings? Not sure.

>unironically being a leaf

Click the 'usb for charging' prompt in your phones pull-down drawer.

I hope this is a joke. You literally tap on MTP file transfer in settings.

It isn't, he can drag and drop music and files on an Android phone without a shitty obligatory program like Itunes

This. Also, the computer needs to support media transfer protocol which shouldn't be a problem unless you have a mac.

There are valid technical reasons for phones not showing up as a dumb USB drive but using MTP lets you just transfer files as if it were just another drive.

Why did they not implement a standard usb disk like in the past? They're fucking incompetent.

You're asking why a device that's still running doesn't hand over direct control over its storage to another device. I'll let you figure out why this is a bad idea.

>I am too dumb to use an Apple product
>no experience with Apple products and still complaining
>but the method I used on a totally different platform doesn't work on this platform, why is that??????

PDFs go in iBooks you fucking mongoloid. Importing them in there is a 2 step process. What, you think they'll just be floating around somewhere in the free storage space or something? How is it a 'tech' board is so clueless about using idiot-proof devices? Seriously, imagine being so dumb that you can't even work out how to use Apple shit.

You think that's bad, my iPhone 6 plus got touch disease. Then when I contacted apple they essentially told me to go fuck myself by offering a repair that cost hundreds of dollars despite it beings apple's fault. itunes would work half the time with freezes and random number error codes being a common occurrence. The only thing updates really did was reskin itunes to look even gayer.

Apple can go burn in the gayest part of hell.

Nah. You are. Have been for ~8 years now. Wake the fuck up or we're taking you off life support.

user, you're totally wrong. I don't like to speak with idiots, because they always say stupid thing like you just said.

usb disk is like everything, it's a protocol (it is, don't argue), so they could export the file system they want (virtual fs), not everything.

So STFU, i don't speak with idiots. But it look like google is as incompetent than you.

>I'll let you figure out why this is a bad idea.
I hope you just figure out why you're an idiot compared to me.

>connect phone to PC
>drop songs, vids, and PDFs on the phone internal memory
>open file manager on phone
>just werks

What OS are you using my dear?

Pajeet shill

>A protocol that is standard on most brands of phones isn't standard on this one brand of phone

Apple products are made to be retard proof, any one who knows a little bit more about computers would get confused over the fact that a so called "smartphone" is simplified as a dumb phone.

>Why don't manufacturers do a fuckton more work instead of implementing a widely used standard?
>Baaawwwww
Yeah, ok.

>my dear
Windows and Ubuntu basically. Both will recognize your Android phone as a MTP device by default.

Not that guy but that's how it works on windows, loonix with gnome, loonix with KDE, android and even fucking Amiga. OS X is the odd one out because apple don't want to support their competitors.

>receive train ticket
>ay sure lemme just fucking import it to a book reading app

The more I hear about Apple's shit, the less I understand where people got the idea that it Just Werks™

You receive it in an email then tap a fucking icon to import it into Passbook. You're just mentally retarded and can't use even idiot-poof devices. Again, imagine thinking you're so much smarter than 'normies' regarding tech while being too autistic to use retard-proof devices.

You could always root