So I just got this new monitor and the backlight looks fucked up, is this normal?

so I just got this new monitor and the backlight looks fucked up, is this normal?

>he fell for the IPS meme

>he bought a cheap, shitty IPS
lel

How much did you pay for that garbage? $60?

why are you staring at a black screen?

Looks like my $400 vizio tv from 2011

Ok so should I just send it back? This is gonna bother me forever now like HOW FUCKING UNEVEN CAN IT BE. It's iiyama ProLite XUB2792QSU-B1 by the way.

buy a reputable brand next time

>that bright white dot

Looks like you have a dead pixel.

nigga that's my fucking mouse cursor

>buying chink shit
That's what you get, sometimes things are cheap for a reason.

Friendly reminder that there are only three types of monitors: Eizo, NEC and utter shit.

IPS? Does the visibility of those depend on your viewing angle perpendicular to the screen? If it does, yes it's normal. If they are more or less static or the glow emits from, the very edges of the panel regardless of where you watch it from, it's just a garbage panel that has backlight bleed.

my nec is really heavy

what does ips have to do with backlight bleed?

I guess it's that stupid fucking IPS glow then?

>falling for the IPS meme
L M A O

Fugg my shitty dell led with light bleed from 2009 weren't that bad like yours.

Yep, just IPS glow. It did look like it from the OP image, too. Bad panels exhibit it more of course but it's native for all IPS panels. If you don't like it, return it and get something better. Panel type is only an indicator, better research and find reviews where the panel gets extensively measured and not just eyeballed.

Buy a VA panel if you want good colors and no glow