What would Google have to do to tank their whole business?

What would Google have to do to tank their whole business?

charge $1 a month for a google account.

Change their name to Nigger

Keep working with questionable content creators

I mean there are already advertiser boycotts right now that go into the billions

Domain park google.com

Admidt they are a darpa front

Keep censoring the whole fucking internet!
I'm using duckduckgo.com more than now

leak everyone's email

the mass doesn't care about that

In big companies, especially software companies, there is a phase they go through called the meat grinder phase.

At first they are a small company and if they are lucky they boom. And when they boom they get a bunch of investors and also everyone wants to work there. So they end up getting the best engineers for a while.

But after a while the investors tighten the noose around the company and also the company experiences two major flaws. The first is that the businessmen at the top go filthy rich and a few of them go mad with power. Furthermore they get such a high volume of applications that they believe themselves to be gods like some prestigious university and so they stop worrying about having to fire people.

Many big companies have gone through this: IBM, Microsoft, Amazon, and so on.

Microsoft finally made it through theirs and now they are good guys again and love linux. Amazon and boeing are in the middle of their meat grinder phase so it is a terrible place to work where terrible engineering decisions got made.

The scary thing is that google is one of the largest companies in the world and they have not gone through this phase yet.

But I see google starting to slip.

I see them making bad decisions. I see them making slightly worse software here and there. And most of all I see interesting business going on.

I would say that Google is about to enter their meat grinder phase and it will be very bad for the tech industry.

In my mind this gives Microsoft the leverage to become the good guys again.

Which really sad!

This sounds like it could be cyclical. Someone who's "the good guys again" would start getting a high volume of applications again etc.

>botnetbotnetgo

KYS

This is why I fucking hate capitalism

Enter the tank market

Wtf I love communism now just starve my shit up just gulag my shit up just kill every dissident

fuck off

nobody said anything about communism

Allowing ISP provided ads. That's why they're really into https.

retard
how does the silicon valley dick taste?

Respect user privacy.

Nope, the exact opposite is actually the case. Unless you actually want Google to fail and are using reverse psychology or something.

Google will get to that phase when Sergey and Larry die. Literally 100% of their lives right now are devoted to preventing this from happening.

This is called "curating the culture". Once they're gone, Google is the next IBM.

Imagine the shitstorm if Comcast decided to replace Google ads with their own.

It's totally within their power you know? They will probably even offer cheaper/free internet connection if the customers agree to be shown ads provided by them.

They could start making processors and not support them for more than a year, worked for amd

Holy kek

Doesn't matter to non murica
They'll come back
This is the true answer

>microsoft are now the good guys and love linux

what in the fug are you going on about. They're doing the traditional embrace, extend, extinguish. If they had their way they would envelop all the linux software and then put it on life support until nobody used it.

Do you know how I know how Microsoft doesnt' give a fuck about the Linux desktop?

BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT IT.

Not just the linux desktop, genius.

The enterprise sector, where the main usage of linux is.

Google is too big to fail
the ubiquity of its service, and the breadth of their acquisitions and R&D is enough to sustain itself for at least the next couple of decades
unless decentralized technologies and FOSS become mainstream, I don't see Google tanking

Merge gmail and plus

And the Titanic was unsinkable. Anything can fail.

Yea. The question of OP is akin to "cutting of which of the tentacles would kill the octopus", answer being none, as it would do fine with the remaining ones.

Forward google.com to bing.com

>billions of accounts
>literally billions of dollars per month
Very tempting, even for a couple of months.

except %99.999 of users would literally drop it at the spot. only reason botnet succeeds is it costs nothing to end user.

Retarded comparison

They don't need to do anything. Something in the region of 90% of their revenue is in traditional advertising, the effectiveness of which is tanking on several fronts. They have conclusively failed to get into the home automation and product search markets and are basically just running off their past successes. I don't think they're gonna go under any time soon, but I think we'll see a shrinking of them back to being simply a search provider unless they do something drastic.

I'd rather pay $12 a year than have my data harvested for (((their needs)))

They don't become the "good guys" after the meat grinder phase, they just get taken over by pajeets.

What is Bing?

Don't worry dude, they will do both anyway. You will the technological equivalent of a cuck.

>I would say that Google is about to enter their meat grinder phase and it will be very bad for the tech industry.
>very bad for the tech industry
Why? I only see upsides from people learning not to depend on the one big tech giant.

>Microsoft finally made it through theirs and now they are good guys again and love linux
Lost you there.

Eh they were worried at one point that since it was a new competitor it could be a problem for them.

Microsoft squashes all competitors though. Windows isn't necessarily number one due to being a superior system or something.

youtube with content hosted over ipfs

Billions of accounts just because Android forces them to make one or just for YouTube.