Anyone got a new Macbook Pro? I'm debating whether I should get a new one or go back one model. Non touchbar, of course

Anyone got a new Macbook Pro? I'm debating whether I should get a new one or go back one model. Non touchbar, of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B3CXBF0/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do the latter.

Why would you is the question lately.

/thread

Just get the latest one. It's a pretty fantastic laptop and unless you absolutely need USB-A ports there's nothing wrong with it.

Personally I find the idea of having 4 thunderbolt ports awesome.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

bump

Are they seriously soldering their SSDs too now?

also looking for more opinions on the nontoucbar mbp. if they added atleast 1 port to the other side and dropped the price down, id get one immediately once it hit the refurb store

The next one up has 4 USB c ports instead of 2.

that's some pretty good dupecannoli user-san, but do you have anything more original?

This this this this

Surface laptop
X1 Carbon

I have a 15" 2012 with an i7. Pretty decent price/performance and uses upgradable ram and hdd/ssd.

yeah and it has a disgusting touchbar
I can't go back to windows and linux isn't a consumer OS yet

> I use a macbook because I see someone else using a macbook
every fucking macfags

That's a nice cop-out but can you name a single macbook that isn't a steaming pile of shit?

Alright, you have wasted my time with that post. Some of your criticisms are valid. I agree with the key travel complaint. But my lord, majority of your comment was absolute trash.

And here's the thing, for about nine months I was an Apple employee and thus, I heard issues about the products on a daily basis.

The MacBook Pro is a good laptop for the vast majority of users. The screen is great. If you'd like to argue that, find me another laptop with a better screen at a similar price point.

It sounds like you haven't had the chance to actually use any Mac products. Battery management in OS X is better than any other operating system. Much better than linux, windows isn't even in the question.

Lastly, the soldered components are for a reason. Apple does not want customers customizing or modifying their laptops or any products. I did not understand this when I was purely a consumer but I definitely understand it now. When (most) consumers modify the product, they fuck shit up.

Apple likes to have a consistent and easy to support product and user experience.

>i'm a clueless fanboy that can only compare macs with $300 walmart craptops so macs r da best!!!1111

>t. every mactoddler moron ever

Did you really just type all that up for someone who said ">macshit is good?"

>It sounds like you haven't had the chance to actually use any Mac products. Battery management in OS X is better than any other operating system. Much better than linux, windows isn't even in the question.
kys moron

go back to the genius bar

Can you please reply with real constructive criticism?

I thought someone was going to mention Dell's XPS line, which isn't a bad competitor.

the 2015 one

I kinda like the MacBooks but the most recent one has..

Soldered on cpu
Soldered on ram
Soldered on ssd
Glued in battery
Glued in screen

Also has the worst keyboard I have ever used on a laptop and also requires a bunch of adapters to fucking do anything.

Get a the model for a year or two ago mate if you want MacBook.

What are these scores?

Can you please get informed instead of being a clueless fanboy?

why do macfags needs to tell other that mac are great ?

This, why does the new one have a lower score than the late 15?

browser.primatelabs.com/mac-benchmarks

The soldered on and glued components are part of what makes an Apple product.

It provides a consistent experience not meant to be modified. If you want modification ability, get another laptop.

Why is OSX such a steaming pile of shit with battery management?

Seriously, no macbook has EVER gotten good battery life compared to laptops with equal WHr batteries.

Yes, the newer model scored below the older model because this is a benchmark completely based upon the CPU.

CPU benchmarks don't mean that much. Check out CPUBoss for more ridiculous and baseless comparisons.

>Defending an aspect of the product which only serves to prevent you from fixing your own property.

I've been using the XPS 13 for about half a year. The trackpad is so shitty. Windows 10 is so shitty. They can have their battery. I want something usable.

that just cheaper to product and allow to get thinner design

also that make you build a new laptop every 3-5 years when your soldered ssd doesn't work anymore

How can a laptop with 8gb ram be so expensive? You can hardly even use VMs with that.

Unauthorized Apple repairs may create unforeseen issues. It also voids the warranty.

One particular person I worked with when I was working there was a CEO of some repair shop chain. His business was not an AASP. He wanted Apple to send his business iMac screens. That's something we strictly do not do.

When he described how he wanted to repair the iMac screen --- he missed the point that the screens depending on time of year and model can be completely different. Not to mention, these are somewhat complex repairs.

Letting Apple handle it reduces owner liability and even extends the warranty.

Sure, I agree, you should be able to repair your own products. It's your property.

Thank you Rajeesh! 2 rupees have been deposited in your iTunes account!

you got me

Someday you're gonna realize you're wasting nobody else's time but your own.

Yes, I run VMs and that's one reason I have not purchased the 2016 MBP. I would like to see more RAM.

Although, I'm betting Apple isn't targeting us VM users as it's main market.

I will say though, Mac OS X stretches that 8 GB better than Windows.

Someday you're gonna realize sucking corporate dick is wasting nobody else's time but your own.

>2.9 GHz vs. 2.8 GHz
>Still lost
Whatever Phil, I was just answering the OP's question

Where would I buy an old mac? I don't want to give apple any money but I would like one just to fuck around with and of course I don't want to get schemed.

eBay or amazon, same as always.

What is best to cover up the fag logo on the cover?

Paint over it, or buy a skin for it.

How can Applel even compete?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00B3CXBF0/

>asking for opinions is bad

MacBook Pro Late 2012
The lastest absolutely fucking good god-tier laptop.
Upgraded SSD and laptop for years to come

>throttling overheating piece of shit
>2 hour battery
>god tier

This is why no one takes mactoddler morons seriously.

> impossible to replace RAM, SSD or even battery yourself, because they're soldered
>need to pay apple to do it
pathetic

No but it has a propietary shape and connector so you cant upgrade them in the future
That has been the case for several models

apple should go back to power pc. those 17" powerbooks were fucking killer, lasted many years, and looked great. everything they've done since the move to intel and the first 2 or 3 years of macbook pros, has been trash and i hate them for it. swore them off in like 2009.

Best MacBook for simple webdev shit?

I just want it for the Unix env to be honest.

>inb4 use a thinkpad

i'd like to be on the same OS as everyone else in the workplace for simplicity's sake

A lot of this stuff is flat out false.

It was made before it even released.
>2 hour battery life
>can't use any existing TB3 devices

I mean really

Damn this thread sure brought out the poorfags

Good for you user, you can afford the 24 month special financing because you have a job a burger king.

I don't have a job actually

Where's my waifu Illya-user?

>install homOSeX on a thinkpad
But really though, the least expensive one you can find.

Probably the air
its the cheapest

My sister has one and she likes it, not a big fan of the TN monitor personally but I'd still take it over a windows laptop and if you are coding you don't need muh accurate colors

>Walk into my office
>Everyone uses Macs
>They even loan me a Mac

I do marketing. Explain this

Thinkpad (Lenovo) is the only laptop used to make a blowjob to People's Republic of China.
There's a certification for that.

How does the kaby lake do so much better than Skylake in battery?

how can one company fuck up so bad that people still unironically buy the three year old model?

also

how can consumers be so fucking retarded that they overpay for the three year old model because they are cucked by a tech company?

So it doesn't really matter what the laptop is, your main concern is using OSX?

Also
>linux isn't a consumer OS yet

What do you need your OS to do? For the vast majority of consumer laptop users Linux would work just fine. I use Linux on my X1 Carbon every day for surfing the web, torrenting, watching movies (both on the laptop and hooked up to a television via HDMI), etc.

And the I'm gonna waste all my money on shit cause I'm an ignorant liberal fags.

Can you please fuck off back to or ?
Thank you.

>Anyone got a new Macbook Pro? I'm debating whether I should get a new one or go back one model. Non touchbar, of course.
Typing this from a 15" 2016 tbMBP, the touchbar isn't as bad as Sup Forums says, it comes in handy with BetterTouchTool.

>can't use existing tb3 devices
False
>Cant' use USB and Wifi at same time
False
>zero travel KB
Subjective, I like the way it feels.
>touchbar
The more I use it the more I like it
>no USB-A
already have everything I need in USB-C
>no escape
No physical button, it's there
>soldered SSD
Non-off the shelf parts, and it has the fastest R/W speeds.
>soldered ram
LPDDR ram has no standard connections like DDR ram does, it HAS to be soldered, the CPU doesn't address more than 16gb of it anyway so upgrading is pointless
>tamper tape
Oh no, they void the warranty upon opening the case
>54WH battery
Needed frankly
>2 hour battery life
False

>moving files in finder causing data loss
I move files around like a 'tard and still haven't got that bug.

>Macshit is good
Coming from someone who used Windows all of his life and got sick of it, yeh, it is.

the last good MBP was the 2015 version, get one of those.

apple desktop is dead btw, they only care about iphone and IOS.

ya 2015 is still the best id say

they drop the price few months ago by like 300 bucks now everywhere i look its only dropped by 100

Apple knows the 2015 model is better.

>throttling overheating piece of shit
>literally worse than acer

This is the trash that mactoddlers worship.

really? so the listed ghz is a lie then? its truly only 1.2?

After throttling
>One hour of prime95
Wew lad

>worse than acer
>$2000

wew lad

>disgusting.webm

>here's to the rebels

how could anyone think that paying 2x as much for the same hardware is 'rebelling'. what kind of mind fuckery level is that?

What do you use the touch bar for?

Ok

And yet Sup Forums will get mad if you buy anything but their specific antique ThinkPads

seek psychiatric care

seek psychiatric care

me on the left

Script macros, one could probably do the same with binding them to function keys, but I have no idea how I would do that while keeping them app specific.

if you're unfussed about the touchbar I would definitely go 2015/16 MBP

better keyboard, better power cord, more ports

>2 hour battery life new out of box