Tfw can't decide if I should learn Spanish or German

>tfw can't decide if I should learn Spanish or German
cmon Sup Forums help me out

Spanish.

German.

Learn German.

German sounds much nicer than Spanish.

Spanish.

Both will ultimately be a waste of time anyway, you might as well learn a cool language like Irish.

Why not both?

Spanish, of course!

German, brits can't learn spanish

> Learning Esthhhspanish over Portuguese

Do people seriously do this?

Spanish speakers are a bit more forgiving on conjugations and pronunciations.

Germans will just talk to you in English if you mess up once, they will eat your ego raw.

Español.

Spanish m8, you can actually use it in more than 1 country and it's really similar to English. That and there are no retarded 12 syllable words or guttural, phlegmy sounds.

Spanish
go join your countrymen in Spain

spanish

This. Germans are stuck up cunts

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to my Horse.
- Charles v

Spanish!

who did he speak english to?

Spanish all the way, we are your oldest allies.

Here.
But really, you should learn german. Spanish sucks.

Except he didn't say that.

England wasn't relevant in the XVI century.

VARSITY

Tfw can't decide if op is a faggot or not

Shhh. Nobody needs to know.

Do you want to speak with people from the United States or Germany?

There you have it, Spanish is the way to go.

ATHLETE

Spanish, german would be too difficult for a brit. Everyone knows that your language skills are laughable to say the least.

It looks like you're staying in the German empire, so you might as well learn the language.

Learn Catalan.

Has things similar to Spanish (it's a romance language, of course). But with many more germanic loanwords that you don't even have in english.

With Catalans, you win.

Do not listen to him. I am catalan and not even between ourselves we speak catalan as much as we speak Spanish.

You probably are some son or grandson of non-catalan immigrants.

Catalan is my mother tongue. I only speak Spanish with people that can't understand Catalan.

Stupid twat..

Are you sure you're Catalan? Pro tip: just because you happened to be born in Catalonia does not make you Catalan.

Spanish

Tho it's more difficult to learn, Spanish is a beautiful language. So is german but Spanish, rly

German

It will be phased out soon by Arabic

to ur mum

Absolutely, my family tree is completely catalan since at least the XVI century and my surnames are "Ambrós Catalá". So I am totally not a "new" catalan.
As for you you are the reason us catalans have the stereotype of being "bad people"; what with you insulting your own Spanish citizens and all.

Catalan people are nice and welcoming. They speak catalan between themselves. If I ask something in spanish, they'll reply in catalan. If I don't understand, they'll repeat in spanish. Sometimes, even in french or in english if I don't know the spanish word.
Are you sure you're catalan?

>Absolutely, my family tree is completely catalan since at least the XVI century and my surnames are "Ambrós Catalá" (very catalan surnames).

You're an exception, my friend.
And it's not a bad thing. And I don't have any problem with Spanish people. I'm not even an independentist.
But don't go around explaining your customs like if they were the general truth.

And even if I was wrong about this, your comment was impertinent and stupid. I didn't even mention anything about the "usefulness" of Catalan to the British user.

>recommending a language that's utterly useless outside a 100 sq km area
lol no wonder spain is so fucked up. as long as you have regional dialects you will never prosper in the modern world.

>Tho it's more difficult to learn
"no"

German if you care about your professional life, spanish if you're looking for grils.

Its not that they'll forgive you its just that spanish people can't speak english. So they cant really speak with you in any other way+they cant really judge.

Catalan is not a dialect of Spanish.

And Catalans can speak Spanish. It's not that we are some third-world country without a "lingua-franca" where the citizens of diferent zones can't even understand each other.

In 50 years German will be a dead language, so if you want to be some sort of archeologist, I recommend Deutsch.

I am just very tired to see people using independentism to escape the economic crisis when in reality it is only worsening the very same crisis we want to defeat. And I adore our languages so much I do not want them being used politically. Our country does not need more divisions than the ones we have since the first republic between left and right.

Yeah, you're right. Let's get rid of every language except the most spoken one around the world.

>live in the UK
Learn French, it's the logical step in your case.

It is true my language is not the most spoken or even heard of or liked beyond our country but it is a proud language from Spain that reflects on our Spanish history.

>I am just very tired to see people using independentism to escape the economic crisis when in reality it is only worsening the very same crisis we want to defeat.

I agree.

And I also agree that it should not be used politically.
The same with our culture in general. I feel shame for our current anthem. We didn't even keep the original lyrics of the song.
Oh, and the "estelada". That fucking gommunist flag... It triggers me a lot.

Ditto. It is both an insult to our real flags, the catalan and spanish ones.

Who are you going to vote in the coming presidential elections, friend?

I don't really know... The offer is very scarce.
I considered VOX but they seem to be a little bit too christian batshit for me. And I'm not so sure that they would be really anti-immigration if they hypothetically got in power.
In the last elections I voted Unió, despite the corruption. But they are not even running in this new election.

What about you?

this
confirms this:

Maybe we two should vote for PSOE or Podemos, even if anti-immigration aren't preciselty their strongest point voting for the left wing is not at odds with being patriotic; quite on the contrary. The left wing people are more willing to sacrifice their interests paying more taxes to have better education and health care for us Spaniards.

German or Polish

The PSOE already fucked up the economy once. And Podemos could be even worse than them. I do not believe in populist movements.
Besides, I think we should get rid of many public workers and other state expenses. And I do not think that's on Podemos' agenda.

Arab netherlands has a black hand

I agree though to be fair it was not PSOE doing in the economy fuck up but a mixture of global economic crisis and the real state business bubble burst. What I am really terrified of is allowing Ciudadanos or PP to win again. Although I am not precisely on Podemos side just like you, I believe them to be the lesser evil here and a pushing force to cut in all those unnecesary expenses.

It'd be wiser to learn the language of your owners

Do you want to talk to engineers, or busboys?

Good point, I guess...

>we use estar to describe temporary things
>oh, but we also use tener for hunger
>and hacer for temperature/weather
>and sometimes estar and ser are used interchangeably
>soy listo
>estoy listo

Spanish. I can't see German being very useful compared to Spanish, even though I honestly think it sounds cooler.

Spanish. German will be a dead language soon enough.

We'll see what happens...

I might not go to vote at all...

Please do vote, if you do not vote you will be helping Ciudadanos and PP.

>spanish people can't speak english
they do here, maybe not europeans, they are always so elitist