/nrg/ - Nyaa replacments general

This thread is for the discussion of the possible replacements for Nyaa.se

News
>Thanks to the new Uk streaming laws nyaa is taken down by his founder. No database was left.
>Some anons in the last thread actually believed that you could put a bitcoin miner inside a .mkv or a magnet. Everyone went nuts. It was confirmed that it was just a stupid bait.

Sources
>nyaa.pantsu.cat (db is 1 month old)
>sukebei.pantsu.cat (db is from 8-15)
>nyaarchive.moe (hosted on a russian website,the db is most uptaded one and it has descriptions)

Local Client
>An user made a local client in case the online sources are down: yanju.moe/nyanner/0.5-Nyanner.zip
>In order to use it you have the download these files and select them when you first run the program
>sqlite3: mega.nz/#!kloQmQSS!kRXUjT2i4Lqwmdf3IhAhzkkN2MoS-WL9fMpkjOMegcQ
>.txt: mega.nz/#!RpZkCDKC!-rjgVDLrClPrLdugtvyfFLrS91TXhz87ZYZR063yBF4
>Source Code: yanju.moe/nyanner/0.5-Nyanner-src.zip

FAQ
>pastebin.com/Gq9MrJN5 (embed) (embed)

Development and discussion channel
>github.com/ewhal/nyaa
>#nyaapantsu on Rizon

Other urls found in this thread:

yanju.moe/
mega.nz/#!sWASBDZQ!xyEg9YLaE5ib9GfVxSW1FMsC6dTdF1u3KNZMHiBVLGw
animetosho.org/test/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks qt

>Uk streaming laws
EU*?

Nyah-ha! Reminder to let PantsuDev know about this logo idea:

redpill me on logos, i want the full enchilada

Please stop. Just wait for him to come on if you want to attention whore.

It's shit.

Retarded question after reading the pantsu faq:

So seeding should still work for me even though the tracker isn't working. Do I need to do anything or make sure some setting is turned on to keep seeding? I don't really have anything rare, I just want to keep seeding my shit.

Had some ideas with IPFS while at school today, going to toy with them over the coming days and see what I can whip up.

Anyone else trying something different besides relying on a new tracker?

wait, so nyaa is completely dead?
like, did they officially confirm it's gone for good?

Miku pantsu best pantsu

Nope, KEEP SEEDING YOU RETARD

change pantsu to something else. it's cringe as hell

Where the fuck have you been?

Remember, no dynamic content.

not bothering since I figured it was just another "nyaa is dead for a day or two" episode

>it's cringe as hell
How?
>tripfag
Oh, that's why.

kys

It's dead for good, buddy. Daiz went full pantsu on the head retarded. He even wiped the database. If you want more information, there's probably a thread on Sup Forums. Or you can just startpage it.

Owner went full retard and overreacted to a EU ruling that didn't even effect him.

In truth he probably wanted out for a while and used this as an excuse to nuke everything from orbit and fuck off.

Make sure DHT is on, but it should be by default

Pretty much. DHT will lead people to you as long as you have it on.

I had made this thing from a previous thread: Woke up just a little while ago, and doing some testing with IPFS's pubsub feature. It's a pretty nifty hack, so I'm thinking this could be used in conjunction with an IRC bot. The bot could listen on certain sub-group's channels for announcements, and other third-parties could submit additional torrents. That's what I have in mind, anyways.

IPNS can give the illusion of dynamic content, which is pretty much "good enough" for a Nyaa clone.

So, how much do you think we can recover from nyaa and sukebi? 90-95%?

Nyaa has pretty much 100% recovered already.

Sukebi more like 30%-50%.

Pls don't yell at me it hurts my fragile self esteem

Thanks.

well, fuck
>no plans for a tracker either
no more lazy sort by seeders for me
I feel like the age of anime torrenting is closing more and more with every single thing that goes wrong
this is not comfy

What is the point of all this work if we aren't making a new tracker?????

Nyaa dying is a huge blow but the community is recovering everything rather quickly honestly.

I wouldn't be too paranoid. The grieving phase is more or less over.

nyaa - 100%
sukebi - 100% of hentai ( nobody cares about JAV)

This is quite similar to what I had in mind. The issue I seen immediately with the one you had setup it having to download an entire database before being able to do anything, in straya we have shit internet so I would have to wait awhile before doing anything.

If a new database was to uploaded (lets presume I have the database downloaded already) does IPFS patch the update or do I need to download the thing again?

I have a bunch of things I want to try, want to try keep it snappy. Also want to potentially have a site like Nyaa/Pantsu that can act as a front end that can get files from the IPFS and do databases querys on their end, as they will have a fast connection and will be updated constantly.

Still toying with stuff thing, kinda just writing down things that come to my head. All of this could completly flop.

There are already several JAV trackers and streaming JAV sites

Why is Megumin so great, anons? She's almost as cute as Chinatsu.

Yeah, nyaa made me really lazy.

The community is responding pretty well. It's nice to see.

>nobody cares about JAV
>all those anons whining on Sup Forums about it
Man, that was pathetic. You should be more worried about the h-games and VNs whereas JAV has many outlets to get it from. Also
>3DPD

Major updates to nyaa.pantsu.cat

Why'd they nuke the database that just seems spiteful. I can understand not wanting to run adn pay for the site yourself, but fuck just hand over the data to someone or share the whole thing with the public. How long would it have taken to for someone to scrape the entirety of nyaa when it was up to date?

(embed) (embed) (embed)
Can we get someone who is not retarded to do the next OP? Thanks.

good shit.

Also yes I know descriptions are borked and the timestamp is unix.
Next on the to fix list.
Gotta keep things bleeding edge.

It's to prevent bitcoin miners from activating when you click it.

Add trackers

I get a 502 when I try to go to another page.

What is opinion on anidex?

>yanju.moe/
ayy

Should be backup.
Probably need to get a more powerful server.
Still handling pretty well for serving reddit, the japs, Sup Forums and Sup Forums on 2GB of ram.

>2GB of ram
And people say 8gb isn't enough.

Handling like 80k people with getting up into 4 million requests per day and we're still using sqlite.

mega.nz/#!sWASBDZQ!xyEg9YLaE5ib9GfVxSW1FMsC6dTdF1u3KNZMHiBVLGw here is the results of scrapping the russian site's index

don't download this if you are a retard

Block traffic from clients with cookies from reddit. Every bit helps.
>sqlite
wew

Thanks! The page title of each torrent is Error 404, by the way.

[confusedanimegirl.png]

>having to download an entire database before being able to do anything
Yeah, I had an issue with this as well, but couldn't think of a more convenient method.
One thought was subdividing the database every few thousand entries or something, which could minimize the amount a person has to download when the database updates.

Another idea was having the aforementioned bot reply to search queries on pubsub. The frontend would use your local IPFS API to send a message like:
{search: "ghost in the shell 720". category: 2}
The bot would pick that up, and reply with what fits. Although this offsets the load of having to host a whole site, it kinda defeats the "decentralized" requirement, and creates a point-of-failure (the database query bot)

I don't think I'm creative enough (or knowledgable in IPFS) to come up with more alternatives.

PantsuDev, I know this is low on your priority list, but Sup Forums came up with the logo seen in . Do you have any thoughts on it?

Got your back, user.

Can't access cookies for other sites.
Best I could do is block reddit referrers.
But still I'm impressed with how well it's handling.
It's pretty good but I kinda prefer the 2nd one a bit more.

Who gives a crap about a logo?

>Sup Forums came up with
Don't lump me in with a desperate faggot.

Miku is a poor waifu and nobody should like her, let alone make her a mascot for a website

>[.png]
>.gif
user, I...

I failed you, user. I'm sorry. Please let me rectify my mistake!

If anything, it shouldn't be Miku so that there's more disconnect from nyaa.

why aren't you just using TT, which already mirrored nyaa?
all those old dumps will be dead soon due to new updates.

>sukebi - 100% of hentai

THANK THE GODS THAT EXISTED AND BE BORN

PRAISE BE BROTHERS

>sukebi - 100% of hentai ( nobody cares about JAV)
Aren't there a few months missing?

>don't download this if you are a retard
Too late. I'm already doing it.

>sukebi - 100% of hentai
And nothing of value was lost. [spoiler]
Did someone find a more up to date backup? The last I heard we only had until April of last year for sukebi.[/spoiler]

animetosho.org/test/

>nobody should like her
I'm not advocating that logo but c'mon, she's cute as fuck and has great taste in pantsu.

multiple different anime girls (and boys) should be a part of it too

This.

Is it safe to stop building a ratio on some trackers i joined while i was panicked?

you should always be prepared for the worst.

DELET

Never user, i only ever used AB to download the laserdisk LoGH and the yotsubato OST but just in case i have 1,5 tb of favourable download ratio thanks to years of seeding popular 1080p shit.

SnK and KLK were godsends for that.

Renchon best mascot

>safe
No.

You build ratio on trackers as a safety option when the public tracker is down. I never really download anything on trackers, yet I seeded everything I downloaded somewhere else, so even if Nyaa goes down again(I hope it doesn't) I can still have those as a safety measure.

>SnK and KLK were godsends for that
And the only think they were good for.

no, they won't have to be part of the logo or be mascots since fans of that character or anime will brag about it like if they are jesus or that we should be thankful they exist

Pretty much, Sup Forums never recovered from the KLK/SAO/SnK invasion.

I support this.

I was thinking it'd be cool if every time you loaded the page, it was a different character behind the logo.

>KLK
Ku 'lux Klan?
Kaptain Lampoor Kishorebhangra?

What the fuck are you on about? When did anyone brag about miku or any other mascot? Are you this retarded/new?

>Renchon best mascot
ワタクシも賛成です

BASED

I'll suck your dick if you made her the mascot.

if anyone should be mascot it should be our princess Yotsuba, not some fotm girl with a meme phrase

remember madoka

Stop user, my heart can only take so much.

Renchon is the official mascot of nyaa pantsu

fugg :---D

That's fine I guess.

I support this. Anything but Miku, and anything but this shitty designer's graphic ...ok maybe not anything

YES

based

you have ruin it

I propose the color coded torrent logos use the racoon.

>Implying we won't just paste that logo on top of a renchon pic.

This is good.

This isn't.

I'm gonna miss it. Off to pantsu or the archive which is more up to date