How'd I do Sup Forums?

How'd I do Sup Forums?

Ivy Bridge i5 3427U
4GB DDR3
32GB Flash
2560x1700 3:2 IPS touchscreen
$230

Gonna keep ChromeOS on it, and use crouton for native programs Spotify and Discord.

Do NOT keep chromeOS

If you're gonna use this, I suggest you put a proper distro

Install GalliumOS OP
It is basically a Linux distro optimized for Chromebooks. It will feel like Chrome OS but you can do more stuff.

What will installing a distro natively provide over just using crouton?

where, I want one

Holy shit, I didn't know they'd gone down this much.

>soldered 32GB storage

Fuck

the 4gb of ram bothers me desu, and it's soldered right?
but the 3:2 ratio and 2560x1700 is really tempting.

eBay

Amazon's third party sellers have some for $250 too. If you are patient you can probably get the 64GB LATE for the same price.

>used

>crouton
what a waste. install ubuntu

>LTE
>Trusting Google with your constant GPS whereabouts

For me, it's Tim Cook.

Guess I better ask here instead of started another thread that's similar to this. I'm laptop shopping for my mom. What's the cheapest laptop with a 15 to 17 inch screen, backlit keyboard, and a processor that will be able to handle multiple tabs open in Chrome + Office apps well into the future? She's not going to get a new laptop until it stops working, so it needs to be "future proof" for at least 5 years.

w520

Freedom, dumbass.

>freedom

No modern CPU is free. There's no point.

Don't listen to that guy, your mom isn't going to be running Linux, she's not going to know or care about thinkpad bios or the classic keyboard layout.

Dell Latitude 15 are around $500 and they would last her a long while.

I'm a different user but in the exact same situation as that guy. How big do you need to go on a processor for a simple workload like that? i3, pentium, or is celery enough?

And what the fuck is the difference between Pentium, i3, i5, and i7s on mobile? Seeing shit like dual core i5s has me confused. And how do they compare to their desktop counterparts? I'm roughly guessing that a mobile i3 is the minimum for her requirements, while a Pentium on the desktop is OK.

I'm pretty sure my mom would prefer a new computer so that it has the warranty. Plus newer computer = more efficient processor = longer battery life and a thinner, lighter computer. She can afford it, my dad makes a very comfortable salary, she just doesn't want to spend a lot of money on it because she doesn't care about computers that much.

>2560x1700 3:2 IPS touchscreen
>$350 new

Damn, really tempted to just buy one as a premium shitposting machine. Let me know how the laptop works out for you, OP.