/sqt/

Which one is the best for me to check my SSD health, speed, and everything else:

Hard Disk Sentinel 5.01 or CrystalDiskInfo 7.0.5?

Other urls found in this thread:

wgettest.tumblr.com/
wgettest.tumblr.com/post/159352717063/httpiimgurcomdgncvpdgifv
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/font_configuration
maketecheasier.com/improve-font-rendering-linux/
help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/mouse-problem-notmoving.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIH_(computer_virus)
amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GXX40G8/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whats the best gayming USB jumpdrive for under 300$?

Most usbs have leds already so who cares

what router should I get to replace this crappy linksys e1000

Lately I've been getting this error every time I try to move a folder from my soulseek downloads. It worked fine before and I know for certain that it is not open or in use in any program, even tried closing the soulseek application even though it being open caused no problems before and all explorer windows but it's still "in use". Closing and reopening the explorer windows fixed it once but it doesn't seem to be working now. If I go into the folder and copy all the files individually I get no error. Why is this shit happening?

restart

Have you upgraded the firmware?

Slit my (main.cpp) C++ code into multiple files (main.cpp, Shit.h, Shit.cpp) and the executable got larger.

Is the linker fucking up?
Which reason could be causing this?
Are the duplicated includes in both cpps (one in each cpp) being included twice?

What's the best Image viewer, /sqt/? Preferably something that'll let me take out the title bar. Windows Photos is alright since it's minimal but I need it for muh ricing

inb4 >just bblean
It's my last option

hdparm and smartctl

every time i install linux my screen tears horizontally for example when i scroll thru google

running ubuntu nvidia gtx 1050ti, happens on both free and prop drivers

I'm looking to install Ubuntu for desktop use to run windows VM's in with PCI passthrough for gaymen, what is the best image for this?

I've got a laptop connected to a KVM switch, it's native resolution is 1920x1080 and the monitor is 3840x2160. Everytime I select 3840 the screen turns black and it only lets me use 1080 for max resolution. How do I get it to run at highest resolution?

Laptops running Xubuntu btw.

btw putting the nvidia settings to performance mode fixes the problem but do i really have to have my GPU on full blast on a fucking linux environment to just not tear?

How can I activate Windows 10 Professional?

>inb4 install gentoo
It's not for me.

Does anybody know a good guide to the gentoo kernel settings? I tried to configure it to my likings, but I'm not sure if I understood everything the way it was meant...

Is there a Project64 equivalent for Linux?

>smartctl
You made me laugh.

On W10, I can't open programs from the start menu search. Pinned start menu items work, just programs I search for do not open... What can I do other than reinstall binwows?

GNU/Linux*

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Pentium 1,4 GHz, 1,5 GB, 60 GB, DVD, 13" touch LCD, WiFi, XP

Good? I'd install Debian, but it's a toughbook.

What's a good piece of software to teach oneself to make those schematics a laser or water cutter uses?
AutoCAD seems like it's for building bridges and apartment buildings.

Gaymers should use the cloud

How do I get an cpu cooler compatiblity kit (AM4) if im poor and live in South America

bought windows 10 pro for a customer( was ordered to)
customer realized he would prefer win7
is win10 pro key downgradable to 7 ?

I doubt it, bit its seriously hard to google it out
as it is always the turned question
"will the win 7 key work on win10 install"

also its kaby lake, so no official updates would be there
also how about hyper-v
I would set it up, but is there legal way to have there windows7?
sure I could use one of the KMS activations, but this is for a business, not some home use

you email the manufacturer of your cooler?

solidworks

Use DaZ and blacklist KB971033
pocket the win10 key

heh, no

so you managed to buy a new motherboard, cpu and probably RAM sticks but can't get 10$ for the cooler mount brackets?

lol are they even going to notice me ? btw they don't have the kit ready (yet)

>cooler master master air maker 8

my wireless keeps dying at random and after some testing im sure its the routers fault
no idea why it happens, the wifi led on the router doesn't turn off and the signal strength is fine

look for it in your ebay equivalent

>so you managed to buy a new motherboard

I was saving money and a coworker got it for me in USA. Before ryzen I was using a Pentium 4

>south american shithole
>ebay

wew

save some more and ask your coworker again.
use the stock cooler it comes with until you get it.

Does Shit.cpp include any functions that main.cpp never calls? If that's the case, it would explain your problem. Compiling the files separately means that the compiler can't optimize out functions or code paths that can never be executed. This in turn, can have a cascading effect if those unused functions had additional dependencies that normally wouldn't have been needed.

The laser cutters at my school all used Illustrator, which I would certainly *not* recommend--it was clearly not intended as a CAD program. AutoCAD would probably be fine, honestly. Solidworks is overkill for cutting designs in sheets.

Am I retarded how do I login with a de?

echo '1001 + 1000*8' | bc | xargs echo "over"

I've been taking generic costco brand 24 hour claritin (loratadine) for a while and it's been working pretty well, but the past couple days I've been feeling some allergy symptoms even despite it, would it hurt to take an extra dose at these times?

You missed a "nestoli" user.

To login with a DE, you first need to install X, then install a login manager like SLiM and a DE. Next, create a .Xinitrc file in your home directory... Honestly, it's way too much of a hassle to describe it in a sqt post. You may want to check out the Xorg page on the arch wiki. Good luck, it's a pain in the ass.

install a displaymanager like gdm and change your runlevel.

Thanks gents. I got an opportunity to do some projects through uni, so I want to at least give it a go. See what we can come up with.

How do I keep spiders out of my pc? They keep getting in and they cast big shadows on the wall from the lights inside

A proxy lets your HTTP requests and responses run through a proxy server, right? So if i try to watch a Flash video with it (e.g. chaturbate), it shouldn't work, because Flash uses some other protocol and not http? But html5 videos (like on youtube) will work.
Or do i have this wrong

put your id card inside.. that picture should suffice.

Oh and Adobe Illustrator?
Couldn't I just as well use GIMP then

I'm editing a theme on Stylish and I want to use a custom theme, but I need to upload the .woff2 somewhere. Where can I upload it?

does this look blurry to anyone else
how do i fix my font rendering

>Flash uses some other protocol and not http?

No it doesn't.

"HTTP" is an awkward name, it can handle a lot more than just HTML.
If I'm not mistaken all browser traffic is either HTTP, HTTPS or web sockets. - and a good proxy will handle them all.

I've Mint on my Linux partition and wanted to switch it up. Upon trying another distro (I've tried to install three) my mouse won't move. I tried replugging it and that didn't do anything.

Upon further investigation, it responds to icons and moves however, the mouse icon itself remains static.

What could it be and how do I fix it?

Anyone else dumb enough to buy these have this problem? When I go to step 2 it doesn't do anything, just stays flashing blue quickly. If you keep holding it, they turn off.

Is there a way to download the hotlinked images from URL's in Tumblr posts?

For example, say I wanted to scrap this Tumblr Blog - wgettest.tumblr.com/ and it comes across this post - wgettest.tumblr.com/post/159352717063/httpiimgurcomdgncvpdgifv - where it includes an image plus 2 images / webms linked through Imgur and Gfycat in the body of the post.

Is there a program to download everything from a Tumblr? Wget, HTTrack, Tumblripper, all of those don't work to some degree.

this souds like a problum youd have in 2010, what kind of mouse do you have and what distros

Is my SSD ok?

Figured it out myself just now: You have to keep holding the button after you turn it on for step two to work, they're not separate steps.

Ncredible (for archive purposes)

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/font_configuration

maketecheasier.com/improve-font-rendering-linux/

Gigabyte Force m7. I tried Fedora and Xubuntu

I've been trying to help my friend get back into his old Gmail account, but it's starting to seem impossible. He has no access to the cell number it's attached to and none of his usual passwords are working. Is there any way to brute force our way in?

>brute force
>Google

ok

If I have a bluetooth adapter for my wireless mouse, can I use bluetooth speakers from the same adapter? Can I use another adapter for audio, or will that cause interference?

i was assuming it would be sum crazy cyborg or razer mous that had a lot of shit going on. linux dose package the nessisery drivers, so im not sure what your issue is. i take it it works on windows. you could try

help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/mouse-problem-notmoving.html

if you dont have a linux os installed or want to try again get ubuntu 17. dont let faggots here tell you its not a good os. ubuntu plain updates fater then its derivatives and hase a huge repo (though not as big as arch). maybe upgrade your kernel.

W10's search feature is fucking up for me.

The quickest way (for me) to launch programs is obviously hitting the Windows key and typing away. Recently, I've lost this functionality. I can search for stuff, but programs don't show up at all. How can I fix this?

Is there any way I can make excel highlight certain cells if I select a specific cell?

For example, if I select the cell with the value 1, I want A and B to be highlighted with a color. But if I select 2, I want C and D to be highlighted

Thanks phams

How can I get a ladyboy gf?

I have an old Asus Nexus 7 tablet from 2012, after a full reset it runs ok for a little while but quickly slows down to a crawl, almost to the point of being unusable.

Is there any lightweight barebones android version I can flash it with, just to make it usable as a Netflix and media device for long journeys?

Does someone have karaoke songs or convert them? I really want to make the new Atom anime to a karaoke version but tones are really complicated to set. There should be a software that could do thast, right?

lightweight ~normie linux to run on a virtual machine?
(or a way/configs/magic to make any linux run smoothly on a VM)

I'm using fucking Nightly, I changed the useragent to 40 just in case

Still gives me this shit, what else is it looking at?

mupen64

My Macbook Air just made a weird three beep noise. I was only browsing Sup Forums and (pintrest plz no bully) It was like one loud beep and two echoes.

What does this mean i'm kind of freaking out.

god I hate when OP is a faggot and posts xer question inside the op.

it means your overpriced piece of shit is going to die

enable virtualization in your BIOS.

any distro is good really, but if you want light you have to choose distros with xfce (like xubuntu) or MATE (like ubuntu MATE) or LMDE (like Lubuntu).

Is it good news that my laptop comes back from repairing within a week of it being sent? I didn't receive an e-mail about it aside from one (from the delivery company, not the constructor) announcing it's coming back.

How to decrypt email addresses in form of abcdefg?

Viruses are really interesting. How likely is it someone will come along and create a virus like CIH that spreads super easily? It wouldn't make any money like ransomware does but certainly there is someone out there who would do it.

Just fyi, CIH is a highly destructive virus that overwrites the boot sector of a hard drive.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIH_(computer_virus)

Read the spec of that function. And implement it.

these are more prevalent than you might imagine. there are advisories from the security community more and more advising about the presence of very small signatures like this working their way into critical infrastructure. Most of the reports implicate nation states. Governments are upping their ante right now. be on the lookout for lots of things that find a cozy little home on proprietary hardware.

What is the chance that a key that is: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX where X can be any uppercase letter except O,J,L and a number from 1-9 - that it gets bruteforced? I have setup for a test a bruteforcer that is running for 5 hours already and it still didn't generate that same key.

The security of critical and emergency infrastructure is really interesting as well. Look at Dallas a few weeks ago and how their tornado warnings were compromised. It may seem minor but that is incredibly dangerous. Imagine it wasn't just a skid; it could have been a malicious actor that disabled it completely. Then, God's vacuum cleaner comes and cleans house.

its not a matter of chance, but a matter of time. you should consider splitting this process out across many resources so that it finishes faster. consider the advantage of a map-reduce type scenario.

if you have many sticks, you can try to count them all yourself to see how many there are...takes a while. or, you can give sticks to everybody and say 'tell me how many sticks you all have' it is much quicker to add up their totals.

I used MTKV26B5.zip aka Microsoft Toolkit

So I have to learn how to code before I can write an email.
Well, since the recipient also has a fax number on their website, fax might be the easier way to go. Technology has gone too far.

this might draw some sighs because schneier can be a bit of a quack sometimes but he very recently wrote a piece claiming that there is currently a campaign underway to test, poke, and prod US infrastructure in order to determine its most vulnerable points. i agree with you that these seemingly innocuous 'pranks'carry grave implications.

I can use a XT1045 screen in a XT1032?

They are both Moto G1 but one is locked by Verizon and the other is from my Mexican carrier.

Would it be very hard to bruteforce 4 times the previous template of characters? being 16 blocks of 4 chars?

What offers better quality, DVI or DisplayPort? Using a Dell 1440p monitor and a GTX1050.

both are digital and have the same quality.

So I got this really cheap prebuilt Dell Inspiron 3650 and wanted to upgrade its weakass DDR3 ram.

I found this cheap one that I am 100% will work for it but the question is, how much should I get?

Should I get two 4GB of the cheap 1600mhz or 2 (8GB) 1600mhz?
Is the quantity in RAM that substantial in this desktop? I just want to put my recently purchased GTX 1050ti in it and run some games.
Is the RAM quantity worth it?

Link of cheap ram (like new- packaging only hurt):

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00GXX40G8/ref=dp_olp_used_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

Alright thanks.
Last stupid question, will a HDMI to DVI adapter (not cable) allow ANY HDMI signal to go through? I have several things like a PS4, my tablet, etc and would like to alternate between my things on my monitor in my tiny computer space.

It has 1x8GB right now.
Get another 8GB stick so you dont have problems with the motherboard and have dual-channel working with no problems.

If you buy Used RAM pass it trough MEMTEST86.

I can't do 12GB?
What happens if I mix RAM of different frequencies?

Are Sam and Charlie still alive?

Anyone who uses Perfect Viewer for Android know if there's any setting that is good for reducing artifacts when rescaling pages with a lot of dithering? I use the program mostly for reading manga and tend to get some pretty noticeable gridline looking artifacts, not that hard to ignore but I always wonder if there's some setting I could use to see a more "accurate" image without the artifacts.

You will waste money and it will downclock to the slower stick.

Your PC was designed for DDR4, it will be picky when it comes to RAM since its using a DDR3 motherboard.

How long do you think it will be before 3D printers are good enough that you can just load them with basic elements and they can create pretty much any physical object atom by atom?

I bought a $150 case on Amazon and the insulation on one of the panels wasn't cut to size leaving a strip of glue exposed that with time will turn into a strip of dust. Additionally, the acrylic has some fine scratches/smudges on it because it wasn't protected with a film.

Should I complain to amazon and/or return the case? If this were a $50 case I'd be fine with it, but considering that I paid a premium for what is a mass produced case it doesn't seem like I got my money's worth.