So, typical windows apps VS Linux apps

So, typical windows apps VS Linux apps...

> Photoshop VS Krita
> Microsoft Office VS Libreoffice
> MPC-HC VS VLC
> Notepad VS Emacs/Vim ++
> Visual Studio Code VS Visual Studio Enterprise
> Autohotkey VS Xdotool
> Microsoft Edge VS Firefox/Chromium

Who is the clear winner?

The person that is able to use what ever tools they need to create something is clear winner. The one that worries about the tools of others is the faggot.

Many of the Linux ones are on both though...

Still nothing beats the adobe suite.

>VLC
I'm not a faggot

fpbp

Tbh libreoffice is fucking shit

Yes and no. Achieve your goal is important, at the same time, the process getting there can stronly depend on the quality of the tool.

Not every tool is of the same quality, simple as that.

>apps
You can always spot the tech-illiterates when they use normie technology like "apps" and "coding"

Please get off of this board and never return

>no CAD
Fuck Autodesk you have just one task

I'm responding to you using my Sup Forums app. I coded this text I to using my keyboard app.

Lol. If you rely on tools to get by, then I'm sure you're the type that needs to be told what to use, or do. I'll humor your shit post and tell you linux is better. I can run all of your microsoft tools just fine, and still trust my linux """apps""" (seriously its not hard to spot the try-hards) to do the same thing. Time must be so invaluble to you, since you need to debate the tools others use...

It's always good to discuss the quality of software-products.

Why even bother have many different tools and software if they "all do the same and doesn't matter which one you use?"
Why do we have developers and programmers when software quality doesn't matter? Why even compare software??

Yeah, I agree. Waste of time.

Notepad, Edge and MPC are obvious losers.
Paint loses against KolourPaint, because let's face it less than 5% people use Photoshop or GIMP and almost everyone is satisfied simply with a tool which can cut, paste, resize, bucket fill and draw lines and shapes.
For everything else this

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You mean VLC Vs. MPV.

> Microsoft Office VS Libreoffice
Org mode/(La)tex/Troff/Plain text/ps
Anything else is shit

> MPC-HC VS VLC
MPV

> Notepad VS Emacs/Vim ++
Emacs ofc

> Visual Studio Code VS Visual Studio Enterprise
Emacs

> Microsoft Edge VS Firefox/Chromium
Firefox sucks but it's the best we have

> Photoshop VS Krita
Kolourpaint, imagemagic, krita, mypaint, gimp, inkscape, etc are all fine

if you use something every day, you need a one-syllable word for it. "app" and "code" have been common terms since at least the 90s, probably earlier.

saying "programming" instead of "coding" just makes you sound like an autistic know it all.

why won't this particular brand of butthurt just die already?

>Notepad VS Emacs/Vim ++

Swing and a miss. Apps and Code are apple faggotry. It was just a marketing shit scheme to meme children and normies into tech.

>Self-portrait
selfie
>Best Friend
bestie
>Frozen Cappicuino
frap
>Programming Langage
code, though its always been called this
>Software Application
app
>You only live once
yolo
>hello
yo
>Science and Math
STEM

There is traditional chinese and simplified chinese. There is English, and there is child-speak.

go tell a pro tennis player that they must not know shit about tennis because they call their racket a "stick"

you must be a hit at parties.

>Krita vs Photoshop

>> MPC-HC VS VLC
mpv is the superior choice
>> Visual Studio Code VS Visual Studio Enterprise
VS code is available on Linux
>> Microsoft Edge VS Firefox/Chromium
If you are using edge you have made a huge mistake in your life

Why would be LibreOffice shit? It has tons of features that are more than enough for an average user. Do you have any arguments against it, or do you think it's shit because Sup Forums said so?

Fucking THIS

Why not both?

1. Photoshop is better, no contest.
2. MSOffice.
3. MPC is lighter.
4. why notepad? Sublime/IntelliJ/Atom
5. VSC
6. AHK, but nobody cares.
7. Nobody uses Edge.
btw, im running Manjaro not Windows.