Your daily reminder this is $1000 and has 4GB of RAM

>your daily reminder this is $1000 and has 4GB of RAM

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/category/702/laptops.html
hardenedlinux.github.io/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html
notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-Air-13-3-inch-Notebook-Review.180561.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

microsoft: we apple now!

joke's on you, I got the 1500 one with 8 GB

>poo coloured device made by pajeets
checks out

>4GB
No, thank you.

>tfw $150 7-year-old thinkpads are still faster and more durable than today's $1k flagship laptops

Thanks OP, you're totally not a faggot!

this.
intel just holding the sandybridge baseline due to no competition. Only improving on power saving dual cores

>implying 4GB isn't enough for the target audience

>at the same time charging $1000

ya the target audience are dumb tech illiterates who just check their facebook and instagram to see if they got their ego validation aka "likes" and open M$ office to type their 200 word essay for English 101.

your daily reminder this is $1000 and has 32GB of storage

Your daily reminder this is $1299 and use Core m3

Exactly.

So? It's all depends on a use case.
I actually want to try and live without any writable HDD whatsoever for the month or so.

>I actually want to try and live without any writable HDD whatsoever for the month or so

So you want to be a facebook/instagram whore?

So what's actually a good laptop for it's price?

I need a new laptop.

Some custom built Clevo machine.

T470

the newest mbp's have only 2.0ghz processor. 2015 mbp has 2.7

i dont get it

I use a former once a week and I've never used latter.
So... yes, somewhat. But it would be an interesting challenge for me, I think. Everything in the public cloud services, everything sensitive is encrypted. I need to automate the install and update of core programs. It's kind of like building the disposable infrastructure, but for your desktop.
Cheap Lenovo ThinkPad.

>$1000
$250 on aliexpress

oh wait nvm you have to get the stupid touchbar in order to bump up to 2.9

fuck that. 2015 mbp is more bang for your buck. thats a fact.

link

Too bad about the Intel ME vulnerability.

i didnt bookmark it. you'll have to dig through the 200,000 listings, its there somewhere

aliexpress.com/category/702/laptops.html

hardenedlinux.github.io/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html

>poo coloured
red?

>1500
>8GB
That's almost worst. And it comes with W10S? That's a ultrabook-tier price for a fisher-price-tier OS.

MS dun goofed this time.

The amount of people willing to do this is few and far between. You can't recommend someone a vulnerable laptop on the expectation they'll take these steps to fix it.

i have chrome with 5 tabs open, notebook++ open, and a remote login to a local server

i'm using 5.5GB of RAM.

4GB is laughable but if all you do is check your email and go on Twitter then its ok

You can upgrade to pro at literally any time for free

Used Thinkpad or Elitebook

Surface pro 4 with 256gb, i5 and 8gb ram

But only if you plan on using one note

m3 is actually good, at least kaby lake one is as fast as any old chinkpad with the turbo

T470 with business $400 discount is good

only the vpro thinkpads have the vulnerability

>buy last years thinkpad with skylake i5, 8GB RAM, SSD
>lags often during web browsing on modern sites with a lot of media
>fan on all the time

Is this just my shitty luck?

M3 is only good on mackybooks you retard. If you want to see what M3 feels like on an actual computer go buy the surface pro 4 m3. That shit lags out whenever you open firefox.

I don't know, user. Mine is running pretty great despite being a bit dated.

Why would you buy laptop with ssd instead of stronger cpu? You can upgrade to ssd later yourself, you cant upgrade cpu. best choice would be buy laptop with hhd and i7, with m2 slot and extra ram slots.
Laptops with ssd's already gets extra price premiums put on same thing with ram, if you can do your research, you can get much better deals.

If you're looking to spend $1000, get an XPS 13. The price point is better on the 13.

They downclock cpu like crazy when unplugging charger, I'm sure yours cpu frequency stuck somewhere at 800mhz-1ghz, and that's how thinkpad save battery desu. Put into performance mode on power option and see is still lags or not.

Why do you need more ram for?

WTF happened to that retro thinkpad?

I might just replace the battery cells in an old w520.

because people like to have lots of stuff opened at the same time

>i'm using 5.5GB of RAM.

How much is used for caching?

I currently have a shitty samsung laptop with a 256gb SSD running Ubuntu. Upgrading from 4gb of ram to 8gb still managed to give a noticeable improvement in perceived responsiveness

An idea, a virtual machine, a lot of tabs in Chrome, Pillars of Eternity on a separate virtual desktop, tor browser, sometimes JMeter, some other stuff like Slack or Skype and I'm over my RAM budget.

Really
>tfw I'm a diesel mechanic and do little graphic artist side gigs...........................
>ON MUH FONE USING PICART N PAINTER
The clients don't know that and I get $700 (average) a month of additional income on top of $67k a year + DJ gigs ($14k a year) + part owner of cozy mini-mart ($16k a year).
>but muh RAMz N sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiit

>firefox
found your problem

m3 should only be running native apps like Edge which are optimized to perform on lesser hardware

Ok, I admit that I'm a stupid ESL. I have read it three times by now and I still can't understand what the hell he is talking about.
Can somebody explain me how is it relevant to RAM consumtion?

Coolio
>tfw I have 4 boxed, still in mint condition computers circa 2005
>tfw still using Windows 98
I'm a faggot?
Why not use tablet, mobile, desktop and laptop simultaneously and go full borg?
>muh dik muhfuhguh

He means he gets a hefty yearly income and part of it is earned by using a phone with drawing/photo-editing/art apps for graphic artist gigs while this thread is about complaining about RAM size.
SAUCE MY DUDE!

>>your daily reminder this is $1000 and has 4GB of RAM
>this
bullshit:
>Colors available on i5-7200U 8GB/256GB model only

>tablet,
I don't have one.
>mobile,
Right there. I mostly use as a music delivery device for my stereo bluetooth headset. Even at home.
> desktop
3770/980 win 10, mostly used for the games.
>and laptop
Typing this stupid message right now.
I also run my media server and torrents on a separate headless machine.

So I'm getting there.
>while this thread is about complaining about RAM size.
Ah, I see. Thank you.

so you were lying?

thanks man, my boss saw this gif

just got promoted

>also sauce

>companies STILL trying the Apple shit
>companies STILL thinking they can take Apple customers away from Apple

You know all of the people involved in the making of these shit products go home to Apple products. They all have Macs and iPhones, they don't personally use what they peddle to you. They may pretend to, but the reality is obvious.

no just mistaken, its around $500 depending on specs, without logos/brand names obviously

That's what happens when you have that much curry in your diet

The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display

>but will dey ahgzept muh ebt N sheeeit?
Sorry dude, some Iraqi user uploaded 30 some gifs of OC at Sup Forums, but I only managed to get 1 before the threaded was deleted!!!
>boss really saw the .gif?!!!
What was his reaction?

Until the end of 2017, making it useless for 99.9999999% of time

Quit trying to defend this, shill

>$1000 to check twitter and email
I'd rather get an iPad.

Laptops have gotten so retardedly expensive, China is really our only hope for mobile computing.

notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Mi-Air-13-3-inch-Notebook-Review.180561.0.html

truly the enlightened option

c-c-can you upgrade the RAM

trash

I've noticed this as well. If you want Apple stuff then buy Apple FFS.