Be me

>be me
>easily get A's through calc up to diff eq
>easily get A's in organic chemistry, physics, biology
>a wild dynamic programming problem appears
>can't figure this shit out ever on my own
>barely can follow solutions I find online
>can never reproduce the solutions a few days later

should I just end it? I'll never pass a technical interview.

what was the problem bro

Go aerospace pleb.
Code monkeys arent technology anyways.

Maybe because you're good at vomiting back facts and simple problems but advanced problems are too much for u

It's basically just storing the solutions to every sub-problem you see so that you don't have to repeat computations.

I'm the exact opposite. Algorithms and stuff are ezpz, but when it comes to memorization math I can't seem to focus at all.

>be me
>barely get B's in HS
>never thought about going to an uni, fuck around for years
>somehow get a job in an IT firm
>quickly become THE best manual QA they have
>switch to QA automation
>turns out programming has nothing to do with algerba and other arabic words
>it's all pure logic and problem solving
>just google bits and pieces of PHP code when I need it
>sit at the meetings with a big shit-eating grin because everything just works

>then, everything brakes

> it
> designing systems

...these things are not the same.

Maybe but it's more nuanced than that. Synthesis problems in ochem2 involved alot of creative thinking. I'll give you that most of calc was memorizing a method and then just applying it in slight variations.

Fuck I'm a dumbfag and I'm just figuring that out now. Why couldn't someone have told me? I'm sure people around me must have known.

I keep looking at dynamic programming problems on hackerrank and all these poo in loos know the answers but I can't figure this shit out? How could this happen to me?

knapsack, longest common subsequence, matrix multiplication, edit distance

all that fucking shit

Memorization isn't intelligence. Don't know what to tell you.

yes. kill yourself.

>brakes

am I being trolled? no one else finds this shit difficult?

I'm considering just getting a job in finance now.

What you did was memorize stuff.

Everyone can memorize organic chem reactions and most of them are set in stone. Same with biology.

As a programmer you need to understand everything you do and have a bit of a focus, or you will never get it.

Start doing simple OOP things and work up from there.

guys I just dropped out of my summer courses and probably will switch majors if I don't drop out entirely.

no point in pursuing this any further if I'll only ever be a code monkey since that doesn't require a compsci degree anyway.

good luck and thanks for all the memes

Consider a career in Chemistry or Physics.

Yes, cause he has never heard of complexity so when his software actually gets used for bigger things it slows down to a crawl. That's why you get education.

Most people have the opposite problem, being good at problem solving but shit at memorization.

Lol noob

>most people
Have you spoken to anyone before?
MOST people are fucking retarded and get through school and life memorizing the answers to questions because they're incapable of reasoning.

You're not trying hard enough. If you want to get better lock yourself in a room for a day and just work on the problem until you get it.
If you fail because you can't focus take some adderall.

your brain is trolling you for the lulz

also life is suffering, god felt this an appropriate channel to deliver the pain. keep on, soldier

>get through school and life memorizing the answers to questions because they're incapable of reasoning.
No, it is because most questions requires memorization, not reasoning, otherwise those would be like IQ test questions.

MFW I learned solutions to all of these problems my second year at Uni. You didn't fall for the JC "college is a scam" meme did you user?

Just read about that shit in Cormen. His explanation is great, iron it out on a few example problems and you're good. On the basic level - you're just trying not to recalculate shit you already have the answer for, employing memoization (it's not all there is to it, but it's what was the easisest part for me to start 'getting' it)

doesn't happen
OP was talking about problem solving in general and how he can barely copy and paste from stackoverflow

>differential equations
>organic chemistry
>university physics
>biology 101
>even remotely hard
>getting As in those classes is supposed to be impressive

Joke's on you cuz I can't do neither

>A's in Calc up to diff eq

Try getting an A in graduate Real Analysis..Maybe then I'd be impressed.

Being able to memorize shit =/= solving problems

Only lazy people make that distinction.

>t. lazy faggot who's projecting
kys pissphone

Strike a nerve eh?

>get called out
>reply with same argument
awww babby's dumb and lazy

>literally quits the moment it gets difficult
It's school you nignog, it's supposed to challenge you. The real question is whether you enjoy what you do at all, not how easy it is for other people.

>tfw only thing I was ever good at was history/related stuff even though there was always people noticeably better
>mostly decent to average in other stuff, shit in a few things
maybe should have just went for that before neetdom