Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums,

I'm kinda fucked atm. I work for a tech site and forgot to backup someone's data. I bascially lied saying that his hard drive had become corrupted from running a script which wont allow it to read via usb to sata connection. Thank god it's one of those magnetic disc hard drives. My problem now is that I have to send the hard drive to a 3rd party solution that offers 100% data recovery or it's no cost. Is there someway to corrupt the sectors on it to make it unreadable? Any help is greatly appreciated. I already used neo-magnetics on a couple of hard drives and it seems promising

Shatter one of the platters

Man I wish I could, but that would be suspicious.
The user would be told that his disc was broken and be like, well it was working before the IT guy had it

Stop lying, retard.

Tell him it was damaged in transit and mishandled and blame post

EMP
Magnetron

I shattered your mom' splatter.

Medicine diddily ding dong drugs, said the boy? What are you, i am aware of the noodly-navy seal is in my class, i went to the 300 people that more attacks, he scorinoes again, participated in a noodly-numberoo of al-qaeda! United statesies military training of the gorilla i was a sniperoo. You just diddily ding dong do noodly-not diddily ding dong do anything for me. He had to riddly-remind me, i noodly-neveroo would have seen had cursed the accuracy of this world. That you have to think if you're me, you're talking about it on the internet? Then, she said, to speak, because i curse is monitorinoing the storinom was approaching warm intellectual property riddly-rights, the united statesies secret spy noodly-networinok is riddly-ready. We are a little sad that you call life diddily ding dong during breaks. You're diddily ding dong dead son. I, ever, anywhere you are a hundred diddily ding dong different ways to diddly, you can use your own hands. He noodly-not only in a war without weapons, the united states a wide riddly-range of training in the us marine corps am full use of hands to put a break on your diddly i stools to take this opporinotunity in orderoo to poorino little diddily ding dong dog noodly-now , it is. Once you have to riddly-reduce the award, it is a "standard" may be able to have sexual comments, you have a language of their diddly. But noodly-now, if you can be silly, doodley-does noodly-not pay it. He was angry, and sat diddily ding dong down. Diddily ding dong dead child's curse.

Stop shitposting, retard.

I don't think any such business that specializes in data recovery will be fooled by attempts to make it seem like accidental data corruption.

Your best bet is to, as the user said, damage the platters and make it seem as though it happened in transit.

If you use shit like magnets it's gonna be pretty obvious, those people have almost certainly seen what magnets do to hard drives and can recognize it, and if you use software, it's never going to look accidental.

You're pretty limited here.

Stop being a pussy faggot and own up to your mistake. You're a bitch op, a total pussy bitch.

Thanks the makes a lot more sense. I'll give it a shot :)

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of ugly nigger shit with down syndrome.

Yep a total pussy bitch.

i'm gonna actually admit to it. I'll let you guys know if I get canned!

>Thank god it's one of those magnetic disc hard drives
Why is someone as illiterate as this working "tech"?

I wouldn't can you if you admitted your mistake. There's clearly a process gap. Maybe talk to your boss about blameless post mortems. You're clearly not a total pussy bitch if you come clean.

>Anonymous 05/05/17(Fri)15:13:41 No.60232193 ▶
Hey man, I went to school at Devry and got a computer science degree. Guess that's where I fucked up

>I work for a tech site and forgot to backup someone's data. I bascially lied saying that his hard drive had become corrupted from running a script which wont allow it to read via usb to sata connection.

So someone was paying your company to do backups, you didn't do them, they lost data, and then you lied to cover up your tracks?

Nigga, you're:

A) Gunna get fired
B) Your company is going to get sued for fraud
C) Your company may sue you

Nono, The policy is the user does their own backups. They use a software program to do that for them. This guy, however, did not want to do it. I just need to figure out the policy.

Is this a VIP OP?
I actually used to do Deskside support

No this guy was a Tech in training from Columbia.
I told him i fucked up and he said he wasn't gonna complain because it wouldnt bring back his data. He hopes that original hard drive still has the D:drive data partition still on there. Even though it was reimaged, he thinks that the D:drive won't be overwritten and only the C:drive partition gets erased.

Yeah man, if it was a VIP, I would've been canned already.

And the company actually went along to send his drive to be recovered? What kind of company are you working l for OP? I can't see anyone approving the recovery of data of someone who was on training, unless he was working on critical operation day in-between

Not trying to bring you down OP, besides the obvious fail you did. But if your company is willing to send a drive to be recovered for someone that low, it may be better to find a job somewhere else

A global IT firm dude.
This was a transfer from Columbia, he was working with the company for 12 years. I really fucked him over. But he won't put in a complaint or a dispute so I guess I'm good. He lost all his archived e-mails. I felt really bad about it, that's all I can do or take him out for an afternoon spa treatment

Have you already sent the drive over?
Did you get any feedback from your teamlead?

Besides you feeling bad, depending on the guy's worth, you might actually be completely fine. It doesn't look like anyone might want to escalate it to your manager

This of course depends on how you got there. If you've got a proper chain, your manager should be able to cover for you: out of scope, fuck anything else

>Forgot to backup his data
>Told him it's unreadable
>Sending to a data recovery co

Is it actually readable right now? Can't you just say you mixed up his HDD with another and back his shit up?

And

What's wrong with you?

Besides the face that OP fucked up, I'm interested in how this turns out.

Unless you have critical data, your Business IT would tell you to fuck off.
Data recovery itself, I admit that this shit was so far out of my scope that I didn't care

The drive wasn't ever sent over. I decided to fuck it and told the dude that all his stuff except for like 1gb I had copied over was gone. He said he lost his archived e-mails and tax information. Nothing business critical, but he said to at least find out if his current hard drive might still contain his old information, which I doubt because I think the imaging software we use completely formats the drive.

The problem was I didn't swap his hard drive with a new one. So his old hard drive got reimaged on and basically everything was formatted

This all sounds like non-mission data nobody should be worrying about. Let your manager take care of this shit

use testdisk recovery

I fail to see why the data recovery co successfully finding his data is bad.

>IT guy says some technical shit
>All normies gather is yo shits fucked.

are you implying he would go to your boss and say
>user told me hard drive had become corrupted from running a script which wont allow it to read via usb to sata connection but this would be impossble since the data recovery co resotred it! fire him!

you're fine. either pull the hdd and test disk it and attempt recovery yourself or just send it in to data recovery and move on with your life. if you managed to get fired over this i'd be amazed

Not to mention, any data recovered is not business critical. I'd like to see any manager not worth his salt take advantage of this. You're good, mah niggah

Thank you for the words of encouragement
I'll have to make sure this doesn't happen again!

If anything, make sure you prove yourself towards your teamleads/manager that you're worth the trouble

>Hi Sup Forums,
>
>I'm kinda fucked atm. I workfrom home and beat up my wife. I bascially lied saying that she fell down the stairs.. Thank god she's one of those women who know her place. My problem now is that I have to allow her to give a statement in my abscense. Is there someway to corrupt her to make it so she cannot testify? Any help is greatly appreciated. I already used neo-magnetics on her reproductive organs and it seems promising

kek