F.lux

justgetflux.com/

What do you Sup Forumsuys think of this? It seems pretty orange to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit bait but in case you're serious their terms of service and privacy policies are as shitty as this thread. Neck yourself and never visit an imageboard again.

i have it, my phone automatically does something similar

i love it. There really is a difference. I feel more tired at night and fall asleep better when im not staring at a bright screen. Plus less strain on your eyes

it's supposed to adjust your screen's white point to your room lighting
if it looks orange you either haven't set it up correctly, or your monitor is shit.

You get used to it you doofus

My LG V20 literally hurt my eyes seconds after looking at its screen. Thank you based comfort view.

>muh placebo

Just go to sleep at your fucking bedtime, kid.

>acting like staring at a bright fucking light 2-3 feet away doesn't effect your alertness and energy levels

you cannot be this stupid. no, please God, no. Also what is (((the sun)))

There's a difference between screen brightness and color temperature.

High brightness screens at night are jarring and blinding if your eyes have already adapted to the darker setting.

Making your screen piss yellow or strawberry jam red doesn't do jack shit about sleep.

If you need to sleep, then you need to understand that you need to put the fucking phone down, you fucking idiot. Making it piss yellow or strawberry jam red isn't helping you for shit, because I can guarantee you that you're not falling asleep while you're shitposting from your phone while in your bed.

>orange
>not red
kek

brightness levels effect your ability to fall asleep, thats a fact - just because you could technically fall asleep with your light on or a bright screen on your phone is irrelevant - the point of a dimmed yellow/orange screen is to "dampen" the brightness and cause less strain on your eyes - which ultimately does affect your sleepiness, even if it's just a little bit. It isn't placebo effect. Go read a book.

>blue light inhibits melatonin
>melatonin makes you sleepy
really make u think

github.com/Tyrrrz/LightBulb I found this better. Doesn't jam the whole system during transitions.

>believing the placebo that different colors of light has any significant effect on capability to fall asleep.

>which ultimately does affect your sleepiness, even if it's just a little bit. It isn't placebo effect. Go read a book
You know what would help you fall asleep faster than continuing to use your gadgets in bed? Knowing when to put the fucking gadgets down and actually going to bed.

0 light = 0 issues with circadian sleep cycle. That's what you fucking idiots don't understand. If blue light is the worst for sleep, red and yellow light of the exact same brightness is 90% as bad. It's a fucking placebo solution for the real answer of knowing when to put the fucking phone down and get under the covers to wake up for work the next morning.

nonfree pig disgusting cuckware

install redshift

Go drink some bleach, you shit brained fuck stain.

the whole point of it is to imitate the sunrise and sunset, you dolt - it's designed to "put you in the mood" for rest/sleep. This has nothing to do with believing a placebo. This is demonstrable. I'm not saying everyone should have it or even need it - but if you are in front of a screen all day which a lot of people probably are - it can help you relax later on in the day. You're taking this to a different level ("just put your phone/computer away and go to sleep bro"). You're missing the point.

>the whole point of it is to imitate the sunrise and sunset, you dolt - it's designed to "put you in the mood" for rest/sleep.

>implying piss yellow phone has anything to do with sunrise/sunset.

There's as much science in this nonsense as an episode of Dr. Oz explaining the superfood benefits of eating almonds or something.

>Scientific analysis conducted confirms that, on average, test subjects in a room with blue light are 10% more likely to fall asleep at later periods than test subjects in a room with yellow or red light.

GUYS CALL THE FUCKING PRESS, BLUE LIGHT IS FUCKING CANCER FOR YOUR EYES! QUICK, LETS MAKE SOME MEME PLACEBO SOFTWARE THAT REMOVES ALL BLUE LIGHT FROM A USER'S DEVICE WHILE COLLECTING THEIR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND WE CAN TELL THEM THAT THIS THING IS BETTER FOR THEM, BECAUSE SCIENCE SAID SO.

>Scientific analysis conducted confirms that test subjects that incorporated almonds into their diet benefited from a healthier lifestyle than other test subjects who ate Big Macs instead. Almonds are known to be high in fiber and antioxidants and are a healthy snack alternative to other foods.

GUYS CALL THE FUCKING PRESS. ALMONDS ARE A FUCKING SUPERFOOD. IF YOU EAT ONLY ALMONDS YOU'LL CURE AIDS AND CANCER AND IT'LL HELP YOU SHED WEIGHT. WHERE THE FUCK IS DOCTOR OZ? WE NEED HIM TO SPREAD THESE "SCIENTIFIC" ANALYSES AS BONA FIDE FACTS ON TV.

How does it feel to be as gullible as retarded sheep watching an infomercial?

Again: That light coming from your phone isn't helping you at all with sleeping. Turn the fucking gadgets off and you might find you sleep better than some fucking meme software that's running in the background 24/7 draining your phone's battery.

what a sperg out lulz

>I can't refute his points, so I'll post an irrelevant image macro and laugh!
>Sure showed him that I'm not a gullible sheep!

the functionality is useful but the condescending use of geodata because "something something science" is laughable at best

i use redshift with explicit arguments, i.e.,
redshift -O 2700k -b 0.4

im not even him, im just laughing at how much you are sperging out mate

This is included in the new Windows update.

It's officially deprecated.

>2700k
This is too much! The default 3700K was already too orange and I was thinking of bumping it to 4500K.

You turn it off during daytime, right?

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD FAGGOT