Do westerners respect their parents? I heard that they send them to the nursing homes and forgot about them

Do westerners respect their parents? I heard that they send them to the nursing homes and forgot about them.
Are you helping to your parents?
Neets no need to reply.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiBIhRdkkps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Helping faggots

Nah they should have gas chambers disguised as nursing homes, and it should be publicly funded.

Fuck boomers

fucked up to be honest

I try, but I'm poor.

I did renovate my dad's house when I was a NEET. I'm here for the summer now, and I guess I ought to follow up on some of the repairs I did way back when.

Both my parents are on borrowed time, though. This is a problem that solves itself. Then I'll be done with the guilt of not doing enough and only have the guilt of not having done enough.

This too

There is nothing wrong with sending old people to nursing homes. Old people do not deserve respect simply for being old

I dislike them desu

Why are elderly homes seen as this bad?
Who has the time to visit his parents this often?
What will they do the rest of the time?
In those homes they have social contacts and interaction.

no they don't bro.
youtube.com/watch?v=OiBIhRdkkps

The birth of Sup Forums

Kek

they don't. in fact they want their parents to die so they won't have to look after them.

Heres why.
>be independent your whole life
>end up living at home in your small apartment
>all your friends are dead
>kids are busy with their own families and work
>you/they visit once or twice a month
>you get ill because you're old
>stay in a place with tons of old people you can make friends with
>people care for you
>don't burden your kids with your shit

Why would I have any contact with an abusive person, only because he shot a load of cum in my mothers cunt?

I love my parents. I will never send them to those places, people go mad in a year or 2 inside the nursing homes.

DUDE

>and the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
why dad ;_;

westerners do not value the elder

Tbh we need to find a way for old people to contribute to the country's economy and if we can't we need to euthanize them so the younger generations have more oportunity and encourages having bigger family due to now vacant old people's houses that will lower the price of all houses, and ofcourse with the help of the Government that must watch that some jew landlord doesn't buy all the apartaments and creates an artificial scarcity

The elderlies that sow value are valued.
The once that didn't are not.

Individualism made parents in the first world often set themselves above their families.
Neglected children do hard in valuing the ones they always wanted to recieve love from and are now bitter when the situation went vice versa.

we used to take hourly rides (one direction) to my grandmas every week to give her company and help her our.

I spent a couple weeks of every summer there to help her out and give her company. I repainted her apartment, cleaned the rugs, did other menial labour, etc.

In the end she was so stricken with dementia she though I was her brother, uncle, husband, son, "the germans", etc.

She then started calling us that there's something wrong, that there's night in the middle of the day, that the army is coming for her and she's hiding, she'd call us asking when will she allowed to go home (she lived in that apartment for 40 years), etc.

So we had to put her in the nursing home as she would let the stove on and stuff like that, she died 6 months later not recognizing any of us anymore.

didn't mean to quote you there buddy

Dementia is so tragic. My uncle was heartbroken when it happened to his mother. They had put her in a self contained appartment but she was found wandering down the street one day miles from the apartment looking for an old friend that died years ago.

After that they put her in a home

Dementia is so tragic. My uncle was heartbroken when it happened to his mother. They had put her in a self contained continent but she was found wandering down the street one day miles from the continet looking for an old friend that died years ago.

After that they put her in a new zealand

Elders are strictly euthanized

not the place itself but whether or not the children visit

mostly they are forgotten

It depends on the family. I've come across people who hate their parents for reasons like divorce and didn't want to have anything to do with one or both of their parents after they left the house. When my grandmother died, and my grandfather was having memory problems, he came to live with us. When my dad was sick my sister and I took care of him before he died. There are some cases such as Alzheimer's or Parkinson's which make it impossible to watch over a loved one and continue working full time. You can have a live in nurse, but those are prohibitively expensive for most people even with insurance. Is usually not as simple as I don't care.

like, literal old people

it dawned on me recently that they are the #1 problem in the world right now.

not cancer, obesity, immigrants, global warming, terrorism, not even fucking kikes.

OLD PEOPLE

they OBJECTIVELY hold back the world on all levels, starting from the smallest societies and ending with the entire humanity as a whole.

I'll explain really quickly and in short: after 30 (precise number doesnt matter, it's an estimate) years old people cannot pursue an idea anymore, they cannot be 'idealistic' in a way. roughly at that age people start getting people dependent on them: long-term partners, their children and their aging parents. ofcourse 99% of humans will select this sort of instant gratification - increase in quality of life of immediate close people and themselves, instead of the OBJECTIVELY greater good, for greater society and possibly the entire world, the entire humanity

ok, 30 years might be debatable, but 45-55 years is for sure.

also, their brains are literally breaking down for a few decades already. and they assume (wrongfully) that they know something, and that somehow living up to old age (wow what an achievement in an era of fucking accessible basic medicine almost everywhere in the world and in an era of super-humanitarian values, where even kids with LITERALLY NO BRAIN are nurtured and people's money is spent on them) makes them... an authority on something, anything.

they are like children, but much more dangerous. at least nobody takes children seriously, children dont have votes.

and old people also create a social bottleneck, because of that 'instant social gratification' (for the lack of a better term) I described earlier. ofcourse they wont move from their social positions to let young people take their place, young people who OBJECTIVELY are better than fucking old people at almost everything.

You guys are really heartless.