How do they do it Sup Forums...

How do they do it Sup Forums? How does a company manage to compete with both CPU and GPU division when their R&D is only a fraction of Intel's/Nvidia's?

By taking the ideas that Intel/NVidia make and make a copy of it a year later at a lower price because they don't have to repay all of the development fees.

Hey, it's true. Not saying it's a bad thing, but it's true.

>Sup Forumseddit doesn't know history
Unsurprising.

they give you the performance we've had for almost 3 years already.

>amd
>compete

they have like 10% cpu marketshare and 25% gpu marketshare

Thank you ranjeet, 5 rupees have been deposited int your intel positivity account.

They're barely competing.
They keep trying but they fall so hard

>Bulldozer
>7970 rebrandings
>RX 580

see

>AMD shill can't see the faults of his favorite company

Yeah but I'm not talking about AMD. In fact I own a 7700K I'm desperately trying to get rid of.

>idiots buy a new CPU because it's new
>doesn't actually wait until reviews and tests are completed

These people should not be a valid argument.

Sell it on ebay, it sells like hot bread

>bread
more like shit

rebrandings
>>RX 580
what's wrong with them?
>Bulldozer
yes that was failure they jumped on multi threading train 5 years to early

>their R&D is only a fraction of Intel's/Nvidia's?
amd used to have the most fabs and the biggest r&d departament buying ati when they did buy it really fucked them over

>7970 rebrandings
>RX 580
I don't know if I'd call rebrands failures. They're stop gap measures designed to squeeze a couple more sales out of old hardware because they're stretched too thin. You can't fail when the expectations are basically zero.

Because R&D stands for Rebrand & Dump (on the market for cheap)

>7970 rebrandings
yup same amd card could go had to had with 3 different generations of nvidia cards let it sink in

Because Intel's squandered shitloads of money in deadend investments.

I read once, that AMD and NVIDIA are working together, in case of GPUs
is that true?

also, isn't the new Ryzen the best CPU on the market so far

>I read once, that AMD and NVIDIA are working together, in case of GPUs
is that true?
They were successfully sued for colluding to fix prices like a decade ago, not sure exactly when it was.

>also, isn't the new Ryzen the best CPU on the market so far
Depends what you want. It's not the fastest in single core performance but across the board I would say it wins out, it's an amazing all rounder .

They save money by not having to pay for things like toilets and indoor plumbing.

At least they pay people to solder the fucking IHS on you kike.

Noooooo soldering is evil, goyim.

By hiring Keller to restructure the entire CPU division, to allow Papermaster and co. to design a legit high performance x86 design, that can reduce the IPC gap to 12% between it and the 7700k in most performance benchmarks not involving games from a previous arch that had a 35% difference between it and the 7700k.

Papermaster made the CPU happen, but if Su had not hired Keller, Zen would have never happened at all. Keller's like a hero unit. Use him sparingly, and you can make magic happen on the battlefield.

>7970 rebrand

Yeah, that happened because Nvidia got BTFO so hard, they could rebrand it for the next-gen and still compete.

>amd does jew tactics like rebranding but it's okay

i don't find rebranding to be particularly jewish they always up the clocks a little and people are still getting good performance
on the other hand calling 2 different gpus gtx 1060 is jew tactic.

I don't know anything about this, explain.

I know basically every company will take more powerful processors that don't meet their specifications, clamp them down to the next level down, and ship as those. Is that what you are talking about?

I heard zen kinda rushed a bit and they had to cut some features and will come back and improve on zen2 ?

Dont forget nvidia did the same thing with the GTX 460. One version had 768MB and the associated chunk of cache and ROPs disabled while the full version had 1GB and all cache and ROPs enabled.

im talking about gtx 1060 6gb being different card than gtx 1060 3gb
more cuda cores if you are not informed about it and decide to get 3gb model you are in for nasty surprise. I dont remember amd doing something like that.

Yeah I can see how calling them both 1060 is pretty retarded. Why they did it? Who knows. Maybe they ran out of numbers for 10x0.

1060 supposed to rival rx 480 yet not rx 470. Then 1060 3gb was released....

>Why they did it?
so uninformed people would think they are buying more than they are getting.

>AMD
>Competing
I mean I guess
They have less than 20% GPU and CPU marketshare

70% of americans are overweight or obese. Does that mean being obese or overweight is "good" due to the popularity.

You know what else used to be popular? ASBESTOS

>He want to pay mid tier gpu priced at $350
Sure m8

AMD was made as anti monopoly thing by intel marketing guys.
But, if not for x64 we'd still use one cores, if not for unified shaders we'd still have ps2 graphics.

>for $400+$300 instead of $219+$100

wew.

>amd used to have the most fabs and the biggest r&d departament buying ati when they did buy it really fucked them over
lol they had to fire so many people after this
it's what led to bulldozer being such a failure they didn't make a new cpu for half a decade

>if not for x64 we'd still use one cores, if not for unified shaders we'd still have ps2 graphics
this is what clueless retards actually believe
also
>ayymdpoojets taking credit for ATi R&D

>taking credit for ATi R&D
you realize it's same people from ATI that work in AMD on the thing?

>this is what clueless retards actually believe
Itanium,netburst,presscot
nvidia rebranding 4 times in a row

did you miss whole 2004-2006 period?
nvidia then rebranded 8800 three times when ATI lost driver war
and intel had to slap cores with duct tape to compete exactly what amd doing now
lowering price for performance

x86-64 instruction set, hypertransport interconnect, hbm memory. AMD makes plenty of innovations, and they usually share them with the industry.

You also forgot GDDR3/5.

GCN is also actually a huge thing for consoles, MS/sony went AMD just because they can pull performance out of ass for cheap. Nvidia couldn't do that at reasonable TDP.

lmao

this. intel has many times the R&D funds but waste a lot of it in their arrogance.

how is that true? the pascal is actually more like gcn than gcn will ever be like gxxxx..............

also yeah ryzen is an idea of intel...thats why it perform better and has to eat less power for the same amount of workload..

LOL

amd openly admitted the 500 series was going to be a rebranded 400 whereas intel lies about every new shitlake having 15%+ ipc compare to the previous iteration

no they went because amd actually has a decent cpu to offer along with the gpu

all nvidia had was tegra and we all know how laughable the perfomance on it is

It's like Russia vs the West. We spend 1.5 trillion to build a modern fighter, the Russians spend just 15 billion.