Daily Wait for Vega Thread /w4v/

This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

The latest:
videocardz.com/69040/amd-radeon-rx-vega-quake-championship-edition-packaging-leaked
videocardz.com/newz/full-amd-vega-teaser-found
Time Spy results are bullshit, ever noticed why it didn't go up on VideoCardz?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r3TYx4S_Muc
lists.freedesktop.org/archives/amd-gfx/2017-March/006570.html
youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZMOn0X6jw
youtu.be/EIPggCgYK38
3dmark.com/fs/12296284
wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-3dmark-firestrike-benchmark-entry-spotted-687fc1-device-8gb-700mhz-vram-1200mhz-core-clock/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i hope there is more than 1 card of RX Vega

i don't want the top dog card, more like the middle stack if they are doing like Nvidiot with their 1070, 1080 and 1080ti

I'm praying for 16 GB.

I'm sitting here waiting for Vega solely because I want a 1070-equivalent card so I don't need to upgrade graphics in ages, and for even a slight chance at rx400/500 series cards dropping in price again

Vega won't have anything to do with the 1070, at least not the big one, and I doubt AMD is making two different dies

fug I just want something stronger than 480 user, don't break my heart

The nvidia train hasnt slowed down since kepler, amdtards are so happy that ryzen is competitive but thats only because intel has stagnated since sandybridge. AMD is just delaying another inferior GPU as usual to build hype, probably going to do more 4k "live benchmarks" while looking @ the skybox on their side of the comparison.

Oh, and they'll probably be using intel chips to benchmark vega so their isn't a cpu bottleneck LOL.

Fuck You AMD.

I'd be fine buying Nvidia if it wasn't more expensive here.

Vega c3 i hope it will be 300-350$
400 tops i need capable 1080p gpu

neis

Realistically, Big Vega has to be withing 10% of the 1080Ti. Otherwise it's a huge failure.

>Oh, and they'll probably be using intel chips to benchmark vega so their isn't a cpu bottleneck LOL.
You do realize that had they shown the Vega previews with Ryzen, people would've accused them of cheating/Vega playing nice with Ryzen/the results being worthless due to no CPU baseline.
It was the right choice back then to demo it with an Intel CPU.

there is evidence of 3 we even know roughly they performance we are in for slightly better than 1070 slightly better than 1080 and better than 1080ti

>Oh, and they'll probably be using intel chips to benchmark vega so their isn't a cpu bottleneck LOL.
actually all public presentations so far were with r7 1800x
but yes most people will bench it with intel and that is correct thing to do with 1080p benchmarks

Fair enough, I just hate AMD marketing shenanigans. The skybox fuckery was so blatant in retrospect.

youtube.com/watch?v=r3TYx4S_Muc

i like that you keep posting these shitty shitpost threads that contain the retards

There are 11 Vega cards, but many of those are enterprise.

There is 16GB but it's probably $4k or so.

what wrong with that benchmark. they deliver

There was apparently something very interesting in the sky on the AMD machine, with how much time they spent looking at it for no apparent reason, other than the FPS unsurprisingly going up.

AMD's marketing should be fired, why they didn't put more emphasis against the $1000+ 6900/6950 for productivity I have no idea
Their r5 line should have focused on gaming

>Better than 1080ti

So what that it ? got mad for nothing.

there will be 3 skus, just like fury line. don't listen to him.

Are you on some kind of medication?

lists.freedesktop.org/archives/amd-gfx/2017-March/006570.html

ctrl+f CHIP_VEGA10

lots of interesting stuff in there.

just wait guys

right around the corner

youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZMOn0X6jw

Somefag playing game, look at sky make big fuss.

not like amd say, here look ryzen give better fps

+ case CHIP_VEGA10:
+ gfx_v9_0_update_gfx_clock_gating(adev,

>gfx_v9_0
Oho, we're getting a new revision of turbo boost, 1650MHz+ clocks on highend Vega will be sweet

>Twin Peaks season 3 comes out before Vega

pretty sure they did quite a lot its not amd's fault that 90% of sites didnt bother to bench them against the broadwell series you know..

because regrdless of amd saying they were HEDT they were comparing it with the i7s because they had similiar price

like the stupidity that is going on here still

Is it confirmed if they will release multiple versions? Or it will be a single card? Probably won't be able to afford something that is at 1080/ti price range, hoping for something similar to 1060/1070

Lisa Su mentioned a week ago that there will be multiple SKUs

At least 3 is what I expect.

Hurry the fuck up AMD, I want to buy a new rig before the steam sales.

RELEASE WHEN

july 6th,... you didnt hear it from me i was never here

>Roadmap still says Q2
>It will release Q3

Honestly should I cancel my pre-order for my EVGA 1080ti FTW3? It's $750 but it's $20 off and I get a free copy of Ghost Recon Wildlands/For Honor so assuming I wanted either of those games, that practically saves $60 off the price.

I live in Arizona so the asynchronous cooling/ICX sensors is pretty nice since I don't need my room baking thanks to thermal performance. I prefer AMD drivers and I have a FreeSync ultrawide monitor but I don't really notice screen tearing so it's not a big deal.

I had an EVGA 1080 SuperClocked and i was happy with the ultrawide 1440p performance but assuming Vega is 1080-level performance... It better be another Intel versus Ryzen comparison where they undercut Nvidia (but I don't see how that's possible with HBM2)

Also, do you guys think they'll have AIB cards ready on release date or will I be waiting even longer?

upgrading from a 1080 to a 1080ti means that money is surely not an issue

>pre-ordering anything, ever

Computex and E3 are both Q2, Q3 is 1st of July

My scenario is a bit complex but I got a 1080 for $600 a year ago, they bumped me up to the $650 version because they ran out of standard 1080s so I got the ACX3 cooler variant tha was overclocked out of the box.

Was able to upgrade to the 1080ti for $150 (meaning I lost $50 for a year of use) and I'm basically sitting on a FTW3 pre-order while using a friend's 390 (which I need to return ASAP so I can't be sitting around another 2 months after release for AIB cards with decent cooling)

It's a fucking step-up program offer, just let me run out of days to step-up because muh pre-order culture

This. People on Sup Forums should know that there's room for acceptably pre-ordering something. Especially an AIB version of a card we know is fucking fantastic.

youtu.be/EIPggCgYK38

>hippie

Into the trash

I thought you could only step-up to Reference cards

There are exceptions for certain cards sometimes.

This is what happened to people who upgraded through the ICX program

3dmark.com/fs/12296284

What did the furys leaks compare to the reference?

Generally I don't expect Vega to pull ahead outside of high res 4k textures. Vega will sport a lower clockspeed, so when the load is only 50%, Vega won't have the clockspeed to push older engines faster than the 1080, let alone Ti.

When the load is closer to 100% I fully expect Vega to do well

Ultrawide 1440p should benefit too

>Vega will sport a lower clockspeed
Based on what? The only thing I can think of that might indicate this is the ES benchmarks, the specs for their workstation Vega cards show 1.5GHz+.

About 1000 points more. Vega will probably struggle to compete with the 1070 never mind the 1080.

i would highly doubt that when the fury x can match the 1070 in some titles

I'm gonna screenshot your post and make a thread about it when flagship Vega BTFOs the 1080Ti.

I'm an AMD fanboy and you're delusional

If they had something, they'd be screaming it from the top of a fucking mountain.

They've been claiming literally for months that it beats the 1080. We already know they're going to fix the tesselation weakness and we've seen that it matches the 1070 with primitive shaders disabled and severely underclocked.

have to agree I wait until vega drops and most likely just get the new X80 variant i think they gonna be close to a 1080 and lose to heavy OC 1080 like always, I see them noway close to a TI and volta gonna be like 20% on top of a TI so amd cant compare sadly.

Also fire AMD PR they are dogshit

>They've been claiming literally for months that it beats the 1080
no they haven't

i heard the exact same argument when the 480 started.... just unoptimized drivers bro just downclocked bro.... it was excatly the same performance +5% on top nothing more, peopel hyped it up until it was magicaly coming close to a 1070. If big vega beats a OC 1080 i gonna be suprised because nobody uses fully stock 1080s

>inb4 double thread

I did not look the catalog

shitty leaks and amd fanboys being obnoxious is what leads to the mass disappointment when they release their cards and they don't live up to the unbelieveable expectations that are set.

is so accurate it hurts

just wait for another year and you'll get a way better card for the same price

vega a shit

I've been saying that for 20 years. I'll upgrade my Voodoo card eventually.

When they announced Ryzen they showed a Vega GPU beating the 1080 on DOOM at 4k.

I don't recall anyone claiming the 480 was going to compete with the 1070. The 480 is and always has been a low-mid range card.

they never made any claims, they just showed an engineering sample running doom at 4k.

....which beat the 1080 on the same game at the same settings. That's as good as making a statement.

There's been some new benchmarks leaked today as apparently a version of the Vega GPU has now been added to the 3D Mark database

wccftech.com/amd-vega-10-3dmark-firestrike-benchmark-entry-spotted-687fc1-device-8gb-700mhz-vram-1200mhz-core-clock/

that's your interpretation. no claims were made and you insinuating it doesn't make it any less true.

the fact that you can even say "They've been claiming literally for months that it beats the 1080" when you're literally just basing your opinion on an fps counter from a demo is problematic and part of the reason why this shit gets overhyped for no reason

>problematic
Aaand into the trash it goes.

Also, how is showing your product beating a competitor's product in a demonstration not the same as claiming your product beats the competitor's product?

because that was not the intention of the demo?

how can you be so delusional that you automatically jump to the conclusion that a gaming demo on an engineering sample is "LOOK GUYS IT BEATS THE 1080!!"

you're a fucking retard.

Who cares what the stated intent was? If they didn't want people to compare it with the 1080, at the time the fastest consumer GPU on the market, why the fuck did they show an fps counter?

I'm so sorry if I've offended you by being an intelligent human being capable of independent thought and not just accepting what I'm told at face value. Asshole.

>why the fuck did they show an fps counter?
to show their upcoming 4k gaming gpu is capable of 4k gaming, why the fuck else would they?

how you 14 year olds even navigate your way to this site is baffling.

They could do that without showing nominal fps. They could have just shown it's capable of playable frame rates at 4k but they put a number on it.

they did that last time they had a vega demo

I'm just hoping for a 1070 like from the vega line just a good value for money card with good performance per watt... oh who am I kidding they're all gona come with liquid schoolers

>they're all gona come with liquid schoolers
let's just hope they look half as good as the fury x

Except where some games Ryzen+RX480 beats Inte+1060 AND Intel+RX480. Or where Ryzen poops on Intel like Prey with the new patch.

Ryzen plus Vega IS what Amd wants and needs to come together in a way that just wrecks. Infinity fabric magic or something.