>please roll back, lose performance to fix the issue

DURR DDUFFF HURRRRRRR

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/thread/206176
youtube.com/watch?v=zihoyz0u_cs
youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I
anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is a total scandal! And it's interesting to see that when the PrayStation 2 emulator developers are asking about this they just don't get any response at all, community.amd.com/thread/206176

Meanwhile it must be mentioned that the AMDGPU linux kernel driver still doesn't have audio over HDMI and DisplayPort. No, they are NOT about to let you or your family have any audio at all from their fancy new RX cards. It's interesting to note that the radeon driver does provide audio on older cards like the 7850. This means that I actually lost a very important feature when "upgrading" to the RX 470.

This is a TOTAL SCANDAL.

So use AMDGPU-pro because DAL isn't getting mainlined yet.

>wants audio over his graphics card
for what purpose?

>amd
>opengl
AYY LMAO
Everyone knows that amd cards are for poorfag windows babies and buttcoin miners.

Tell me more about installing AMDGPU-pro on Fedora when all they support is RHEL and Ubuntu 16.04.

Seriously, I'm really asking. I've looked into it. The alternative seems to be to not use their binary blob drivers or switch distro.

The HDMI connector provides uncompressed PCM 5.1 (and 7.1 if you want that) channel audio. This is preferable to using 640kbit 5.1 channel AC3 over SPDIF.

As much as I like AMDs open software support their OpenGL drivers are absolutely atrocious. Even on Windows. I get around 75-80% of the performance of DX11 when I tried running Unigine Valley with OpenGL. Funnily enough, I got a slightly better score on Ubuntu 16.04 with the OS radeon driver than On Windows.

You may or may not be aware of this but

Bitcoin is currently trading at $1552 per coin.

Got to love it when those who never mined a single coin use terms like "poorfag" in the same sentence as "buttcoin miners". :D u jelly?

You triggered?

Damn that's a lot of money. How long does it usually take to mine a single bit coin these days? Could put my idling PC to use.

Reminder that amd left pre gcn cards on literally BETA driver. Meanwhile fermi cards still recieve driver updates.

No, I'm having a laugh on your behalf.

Go ahead, chase me
youtube.com/watch?v=zihoyz0u_cs

These days you need a good ASIC to mine Bitcoin and those are quite expensive. The better route is to mine coins like monero or zcoin with your computers GPU and optionally trade those to BTC.

>3dpd gook with over 20k in plastics
opininon disgarded

Alright. Let's say I want to mine a bitcoin worth of money (with other coins) with my measly R9 290. How long will I have to run it at full load? Hours? Days? Weeks?

With just one R9 290? weeks, you're not the only one mining, the competition for hashes is rather huge. And that's not a very power efficient card you've got there and that limits your net profit.

I don't want to say anymore because my involvement with this subject must never be indicated.

>Core 2 Duo E8400 + Radeon 7750: ~19 FPS
>Phenom II X4 965 + Radeon RX 480: ~25 FPS
>Core 2 Duo 6320 + GeForce GT 430: ~58 FPS

TOP KEK AYYYMDPOOJETS
It's no wonder ayymdpoojets are shilling poojet os 10 and proprietary shit like pooX 12

>kekler and older

Lmao

fix your OGL you currygobbling streetshitting subhuman

This, thanks to amd i made over 4000$

>Official AMD drivers
>OpenGL

For what purpose? Everyone on Sup Forums with AMD hardware should be using the open source drivers.

Yeah, and that's why the Fermi on my T420 can't even run CUDA anymore, Folding@home tasks crash all the time
Even OpenGL and DirectX support it's as awful as most Intel iGP's
At least they haven't bricked my laptop through defective soldering like they did in 2008, or bricked my iGP through defective drivers like they have done in the last 3 years

Fermi runs CUDA just fine, faggot liar

This doesn't even take into account the fact that Nvidia hasn't delivered their promise of adding Vulkan and DirectX 12 support to Fermi cards, maybe because the hardware scheduler they had would shit on their newer cards?
Meanwhile Nouveau has preliminary support for Vulkan on fucking Tesla cards
It doesn't, try running Folding@home, half of the tasks fail due to driver errors

linux on amd hardware is meaningless, amd is shit with their drivers, this is known for decades. they don't even try to fix their shit, this is why nvidia is always better than amd.

my 7850 runs great with radeonsi/mesa

Waste of time and money. Years back the Chinese miners shot up the difficulty of mining a single coin with their dedicated ASIC miner farms. Vid related.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I

My 7950 still routinely benchmarks higher than the 1050 with recent versions of the Linux kernel and Mesa.

my r9 280x don't

What's the rest of your system like? 280X is just a slightly better 7970.
My 7950 gets 80+fps in Dirt Rally on Ultra.

Nobody gives a damn about your shitty emulator.

Which also has fully working software and dx11 pipes with much higher compatibility and quality.

cpu is i5 4590
hdd is evo 850
pretty decent system imo

>Meanwhile fermi cards still recieve driver updates.

They get a bump up in the version number but zero other changes.

That could be better, but shouldn't really be a huge issue.

What kernel/mesa version were you using?

What games couldn't you run?

OGL renderer has had higher quality and accuracy than dx11 for years now, streetshitter.

I just wanna run the witcher and GTA on loonix but too bad it doesn't work there.

Wrong, faggot

Latest driver gives Fermi cards WDDM 2.2 support

Where's your HD5000/6000 now? Oh yeah, NO DRIVERS

anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

If you fell for the AYYMD meme, you deserved it

Talk to CDPR and Rockstar
Remind them this is the future they've chosen supporting Windows.

run both over a single cable for convenience, especially with a tv or capture card

>At least they haven't bricked my laptop through defective soldering like they did in 2008
I lost a macbook pro to that shit, reeee

TW3 would have been ported if autistic freetards hadn't grown a fit over the TW2 port not being a ground up rewrite

Unlikely, its only recently that Linux ports of D3D11 games have really started to be possible with reasonable performance, and Witcher 3 would likely tax that harder even than Deus Ex MD.
If developers want to support Linux they just need to start doing their jobs properly and code in a cross-platform way from the start instead of using things that often only work on a single version of a single OS.

user very good chance you used an old distro that had old Mesa or kernel versions . The open source AMD drivers have matured a lot over the years. My r9 290 went from being unfuncional 3 years ago to on par with Windows OpenGL nowadays.

Meanwhile, in order to be able to play Tropico 5 on Windows on a Nvidia Geforce 210 I had to use wine libraries that emulate Direct3D using OpenGL, because the DirectX version used by the game is not supported.
The menus work fine without that, and the 3D objects render, but there are glitches covering almost everything 3D. It looks like it would be an easy fix, getting rid of those.