Is Windows worth using?

I wanna know what I get for $100ish.

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3zkmtf/psa_dont_buy_windows_10_keys_go_to_ebay_and_buy_a/cymyswy/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11533
sites.google.com/site/itstheshappening/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nothing good
unless you enjoy looking at ads and facts about women

>facts about women
w-what?

>Search for the non-eval Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 iso
>activate it using Microsoft Tool Kit or KMSpico
you just saved 100 dollars and got a halfway-decent Windows 10

I don't want to pirate it, user.

>I don't want to pirate it, user.
What are you, retarded?

then you're wasting money on a shitty OS
if you don't want to pirate it, then just go on G2A or /r/MicrosoftSoftwareSwap and get a key for like 5 dollars for Windows 10 pro
that's legal

"""facts"""

seriously... what ads?

Those are clearly suggestions, not advertisements.

>Those are clearly suggestions, not advertisements.
retard

download 10 LTSB and activate with microsoft toolkit

Windows 10 is good but I wouldn't pay that much for it ! Just buy a cheap key or pirate it. It's not any good or stable over a free xfce gnu+linux distribution

>Those are clearly sponsored tweets, not advertisements.
>Those are clearly product placements, not advertisements.
>Those are clearly information about products and/or services, not advertisements.

ka chow

Also
>Those are clearly promoted content, not advertisements.

You'll pay to be spied on, to be annoyed by ads, and whatever the fuck they want to do with the thing YOU paid for in the future. Also don't believe the lifetime updates, you know that in less than 10 years they'll find out that their old new model does not work and they'll have to sell a "new" version of windows again. Microsoft will go bankrupt after this, while you have bought an operating system that won't run without connecting to mshill servers.

TLDR: never buy shit from kikerosoft

Go to the nearest dumpster with electronics or a flee market & bring your phone and take a picture of a Windows license sticker and install that version of Windows and upgrade for free with their handicapped people freecard.

Don't feel bad about it, I have two valid Windows licenses that I was forced to pay for when I bought my laptops. I'll never get that money back and I'll never use them. For every Windows license you pirate or get by some trick there's probably two GNU/Linux users who were forced to pay for valid licenses they didn't want and won't ever use.

Do those $5 serial numbers sold at ebay even work?

>Paying for Windows
>Paying for Windows 10

If people didn't pay for Windows, it wouldn't exist, and then you'd have to learn how to use a real OS.

People don't pay for Windows.

That's why Microsoft is phasing out Windows as an open platform in favor of OEMs shipping 10 S. In the future OEMs will get Windows for free, and the end users will pay Microsoft through viewing ads, buying software from the Windows Store, or paying $50 for the privilege of using their computer.

This is something that they may not be able to manage with Linux because of the protection money Microsoft demands from Linux hardware vendors, and you can bet that part of the terms for getting 10S for free will be locking the bootloader.

Someone get me a meme of this with the increasing intellect brain guy

>$100ish
>not even hard drive encryption
Seriously, buy Pro, if only for group policies and BitLocker.

Proof that they are phasing it out
>there is none

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3zkmtf/psa_dont_buy_windows_10_keys_go_to_ebay_and_buy_a/cymyswy/
>inb4 "reddit"
doesn't invalidate anything said there

>paying to be spied on
>paying for ads in your os

Alright, good point.
Then OP should quit being a fag and use KMSpico or MS Tool Kit

Why is advertisement legal?
I mean, I know it is hard to criminalize anything that could be considered free speech, but we have laws criminalizing bomb threats etc.
Since advertisement is much worse than blowing up buildings, why not make the most blatant advertisement illegal in order to reduce the amount?
Like is there a way to make free speech "free", so you cannot pay people to lie on your behalf?

>Since advertisement is much worse than blowing up building
How did you reach that conclusion?

This is just like the 'no proof Microsoft will make a version of Windows locked to the Store', or 'Microsoft would never launch a store' arguments of a couple of years ago. Pay attention. Microsoft isn't a charity, they don't make Windows as a project to make PCs better. They're in business to make money.

They made most of their money selling Windows and Office licenses to OEMs. Now OEMs just like everyone else don't want to pay. So they launch Windows 10 S which allows them to give away Windows to OEMs while making money off a modified business model.

Just buy yourself an OEM license Windows 10 Pro for 25$ and you're fine

Im kind of new to Win 10, what's the difference exactly?

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 version:
>No Cortana
>No Apps pre-installed
>No bloatware
>Security updates for 10 years
>No feature updates (so it'll stay as it is until you upgrade to the newer LTSB versions)
it's really great. If you're gonna get it, don't go for the eval version which some users on Sup Forums might point you to

do you have the user account control turn off?

Is it truly necessary?

It is necessary

you can get a pro key for 40~ usd at a certain site that shall not be named

I know this is spoonfeeding at all but uh, do you have a link to an ISO i can trust? Pirate Bay has a Gen 2 one full with pre installed stuff.

for what?

it only warns you when you are going to install a program you already know you are installing

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x64_dvd_6848446.iso
264D48C902E6B586A1ED965062F7DA4D4DA99B35

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2015_ltsb_x86_dvd_6848454.iso
ABE400AD86C604197A3B163E31AFCC1B7C53325E

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso
031ED6ACDC47B8F582C781B039F501D83997A1CF

> en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x86_dvd_9060010.iso
45E72D02FF17125C699558719EB946D8E140C9CC
Make sure to verify the ISO's sha1 after download, you can do this here:
>>>microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11533

Hey did you see Microsoft's new patent about identifying and flagging individual pirates for legal action? Seems like that might be relevant right now.

idk
I can't give you a link to the iso because I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, but here's a way to find it easily. Google:
"en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483.iso" (with quotes) and it should be the first link. MAKE SURE TO VERIFY IT.

Look, I'm not a piratefag, but even I can tell that this is bullshit. Those isos are not marked but rather the same for everyone.

yeah the ISO's are the exact same for everyone.

how do you make a complaint for hundreds million of people?

You're not off the hook. Stop spreading SHA-1 as being usable for jack fucking shit.
sites.google.com/site/itstheshappening/

alright Microsoft, sue me.

your asshole gaped by an indian micropenis

and your personal data sold to highest bidder

I have spare keys, i'll sell it to you for 40 bucks

Where do you even have those from? MSDN?

it's illegal but nothing happens

:( something happened

Advertisement is the rot of civilization.
It corrupts people, destroys everything associated with it.
Bombs are temporary setbacks, but ultimately it creates more than it destroys.
Obviously the scale matters.
If I lived in Syria, my opinion would be different as everything is bombed and nothing is worth advertising.

But advertisement is only bad because of the scale too.
If all advertisement was billboards of products with a price next to them on the side of stores, it wouldn't be bad.
But since advertisement is everywhere now we have many people where their primary job is to advertise.
We have youtubers advertising for games, which is free because of large advertisement companies that pay because they can give better advertisement using the data mining.
Nobody is actually producing anything.
And when anyone has the audacity to say no, I won't waste my time supporting this, they get accused of stealing.

yeah, bizspark retail keys for every version of windows since 97

95/98 w/e I never use the damn keys

Microsoft would need to pay me in order to use that pos OS developed by street shitter untermensch

Thanks guys. Currently downloading.

Switch to GNU/Linux

This is for one drive only

What about for other drives?

MS money come from bussiness and plebs like you user
Just use the goddam kmspiko and buy something decent like a license for WinRAR and AV
You gonna need that if you want Windows on your PC

you can easily disable those things

I even took a screenshot. This comment. And it's not a bait. Amazing.

I'll put it in a meme, but not increasing intellect. Next time, meme on your own.

>Its not linked to your Windows Account!

Look, its not the 90s anymore. Microsoft's grown as big as they're ever going to grow and now one of the only new markets that's left open to them is to try to convert Windows pirates into a source of revenue. Which is why they're almost certainly going to try to force people on pirated copies of Windows 10 to their new locked down 10 S environment.

Why not just pirate Win 7?

Essentially this.

Install a ganoo slash linocks operating system and avoid using proprietary software, including a proprietary BIOS.

>No support for modern hardware
>Marginal support for modern graphics APIs
>Mainstream support already ended
>Only 2.5 years left till EOL
>Only official AMD driver available (no Mesa RadeonSI for Windows)

Windows 7, yeah sure. Don't get fucking 10. it's the worst piece of shit i've ever used. just today I let that nigger update and it deleted all of my drivers (other than the GPU), changed the fucking UI around so I can't find anything and rearranged my desktop icons into a mess.

>Need modern hardware?
Gaymur
>Margical support for modern graphics APIs
Gaymur, seriously, go buy a fucking console
>Only 2.5 years left till EOL
Who cares
>Only official AMD driver available
Also shouldn't matter

On the lock screen, I'd assume. They present random facts that open Microsoft Edge when you click on them, mostly about geography/culture.

Consider that ARM hardware is also modern hardware, and that Vulkan reduces power consumption.
If you're not playing PC games these days, its very hard to explain why you'd need more than a $35 computer other than Windows can't run on it.

>go buy a fucking console
So your solution to being concerned over Windows becoming a walled garden, is to go buy into a walled garden.

>Also shouldn't matter that you're forced to use the shit driver
Sure, whatever you say.

If you're not playing games, what do you need Windows or x86 for anyway?