Generals

What is your opinion on the generals here on Sup Forums?

Why do English-language generals exist?

God awful. /brit/ is full of some of the most miserable cretins I've ever come across in my life.

How to become a general?

You made me curious. I'll have to check it out later.

HOLY SHIT HOW GENERALS ARE REAL JUST PRESS HIDE BUTTON NIGGA HAHAHAHAH

Nice pic related

/fr/ is cancerous, filled with virgins NEETs and uncultured naziboos.
I lurk the Japanese thread and sometimes /blat + ausnz/ and people are nice.

/hel/ is full of edgy high schoolers but I suppose none of them seem like /r9k/ tier faggots

>virgins NEETs
Hey! I'm a virgin NEET!

One half of /deutsch/ is normie and interested in serious discussions and the other half are Tripfags, Anime-faggots, shitposters, degenerated people and kids.

cancer

Yeah, but you're an improving virgin neet if what I'm guessing is correct :^)

generals -------> bin

>he's not a naziboo

What's wrong ? Their helmets ?

Generals are cancer on every board. It's an attempt at adapting an imageboard to a shoutbox/forum format it isn't suited for. This shit just clogs up boards and acts like a magnet for cretins.

The only good general is rus, others are the epitome of shitposting

well, I lost 6 kgs already :3

I sometimes wish I could read every language there is just to see how people shitpost in different languages

They are half of what you need to turn a board into complete shit, along with """""active""""" janitors.

>got banned yesterday for posting el peruANO copypasta in a fucking thinly veiled feels thread

Fuck you janitors, you already killed Sup Forums and /tg/

>It's an attempt at adapting an imageboard to a shoutbox/forum format it isn't suited for.

Explain.

i agree with sp but i haven't seen anything of the sort in tg

although i haven't been there recently

Their lack of common sense and their surplus of chromosomes is what bother me with them.

Not counting gross ignorance of basic historical facts.

Good on you, continue that way :3

They are filled to the brim with generals, lad. We used to have a lot of threads about game ideas, about our own rpg tables, storytime threads, that guy threads, etc.
Now it's all generals full of people circlejerking, shitposting constantly and building their internet personas in fucking Sup Forums of all places, they're basically failed subreddits.

Best explanation so far

haha how are generals even real? haha just filter them nigga haha

They're garbage and they don't stay self-contained. The shit seeps out to other threads and attracts the worst type of people.

I was certain that we were doing a good job

They should not exist.

Most of them are off-topic and everyone who uses them should be banned

>worst type of people
how so?

/brit/ autists are the worst 2bh.
"haha just did a poo lads lmao please give me (You)s", that sort of shit.

Can you define the word general. I want to find a German word for generals.

An imageboard is based around ephemerality. Someone comes up with an interesting idea and decides to start a discussion about it. When everything that had to be said was said, the thread then disappears and leaves space for other, yet undiscussed topic.
General on the other hand is eternal. It's always there, has no defined topic other than "talk anything about X". Quickly, you run out of things to discuss, but the general stays because everyone grew attached to it. Soon internet personas form and everyone starts going offtopic out of lack of content to talk about.
This issue is even greater because the whole system of threads 404ing is meant to support the first mode of discussion. When you try to run generals in it, you end up with shit like people making 4 different new threads when the previous one reaches bump limit and then arguing for 200 posts which one they should talk in, all while pushing actual threads off page 10.

Generals move so fast and don't stay self-contained that they clog up the first page and bury actual discussion. Generals are not even on-topic, they don't discuss international culture or anything that this board is actually for. Take a look at /brit/:
>haha poo pee haha lad haha wew haha
or /lat/:
>AAAAAAAJ EL PERUANO x500

I also fully agree with this guy:
He said it way better than I could.

Don't even remind me. /tg/ went to shit completely. I've seen people redirect others to generals because they dared to post a system specific story or concept in a new thread.
Gone are the days of learning about new RPGs through coming across interesting threads.

My favorite is Erwin Rommel

the board has become more shit since become allowed

>while pushing actual threads off page 10.
Add 1 page more. Problem solved. /deutsch/ is often like a fast IRC chat. I don't think chats are bad.

Can't we nuke them? Or make a /intg/? Like with /vg/?

they are cancer and Jackie Sup Forums should ban them or make an /ig/ board

You forgot hilo latino

What's kind of ironic is that Sup Forums was one of the first boards that invented the idea of a general and it soon became apparent after their introduction that the ultimate fate of a general is to degenerate into constant faggotry. Go on, take a look at /vg/, the containment board for the cancer. There's Katawa Shoujo general number 9001 up there, starcraft 2 general with nothing more than two or three word posts, grand strat general that gets raided by WILLY XD copypastas etc. etc.

Generals contribute shit all and they have the tendency to erode the normal discussions too because the threads that survive are easy, lazy and dumb bait posts or other form of shitposting.

no one cares about those spics

>/deutsch/ is often like a fast IRC chat. I don't think chats are bad.

You're on a fucking image board, not on IRC chat.

Holy shit, that's terrible.

The worst part is people freak the fuck out if someone complains. It's their culture/country, they can do what they want because it's THEIR thread.

Yeah, it's not worth it to sift through a gazillion generals to find one interesting thread, and even then the thread dies quickly.
I remember picking up BESM cause of /tg/, before that I only had used brazilian systems.

thread ded
thank you generals

I dont think generals post on Sup Forums
They are probably too busy to do it and majority of them are too old for this site.

Generals are fucking shit indeed.

Dats shit.
Shit shit. shit.

Well they are British so it's expected.

>God awful. /brit/ is full of some of the most miserable cretins I've ever come across in my life.
This might be the most British thing I've ever read.

Nuke General is best General

At least /fr/ seems to be slow, this means that most of the French anons post outside of it. The cancerous generals are the most active ones

I think generals are bad

I prefer lieutenants myself

>tfw i will never serve in the Afrika Korps

Everyone went back to their generals.

/balk/ is comfy if you arent albanian

Yeah and all these fucks posting actual generals are buttmad cunts from said generals.

Shit

The thread has run its course, you don't want it to turn into a general, do you?

>international board
>national generals

Idk why people even make them. Maybe to not feel alone in thier miserable lonely life

/deutsch/ has people from Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg and (seldom) other countries.

So? It's not like it exists to talk about germanic culture. It's there to act as a fucking chat box.

I'm sure that most of them are just meme spouting but it's still pathetic, attention craving behaviour.
Some people in /brit/ will post anything to get people riled up.

bad cuz it kills discussions.

We also talk about the German language. For instance sometimes we explain grammar to people who learn German.

Like a I hate generals general?

You might be onto something.

Are this one and this actually to general hating generals?

-to+two

>that thread

Perfect

test

/balk/ is the best general, /brit/ is the worst.

/lat/ is literally progeria, with shitty argentinian memes

dunno about your counterparts, but /deutsch/ is great

get a fucking irc chat

not the same and you know it

/luso/ was good, since a few weeks ago he 55chan children started to post, it became a cesspool of cancer, self-hating and shitposting.

>grand strat general that gets raided by WILLY XD copypastas
ohoy me m8 :^)

it's not like you faggots actually discuss anything meaningful, you literally said earlier ITT it kind of is like a chat room so get the fuck out of this board and get a chat room you cancerous retard

All the memes are shitty.

It's meta-stupidity

I'm not the same guy you raging miscarriage and it isn't the same as much as you keep repeating it

*All memes are shitty
Fixed it for you

/sverigetråd/ is 90% full of people shitposting anime CP, anime "cat girl" CP, /r9k/-tier normie memes, and naziboos.

Only like 10% speak and act not mentally sick in the head. All of the non-shitposters basically left because they realise its a crappy thread.

Norgetråden is slower but higher quality, but maybe Norway is just less retarded overall.

Why people saying that generals are cancer? Isn't it the natural behaviour for people in common?

>hurf durf i want to chat with meaningless drivel in my offtopic hugbox fagfest on this board
>durr durr i want to shit up the board with my fast moving general because posters act like its a chat box

Exactly. That's why /balt/+/ausnz/ works so well.

read the fucking thread

>that's the meme

Well, you're guys just autistic. That's it.

i hate /ex-yu/, it's the fucking worst

I like them, but some get too chat-room like because of a few anons that just want to spam stuff that should be on other boards or blog post.

Why do you like them?

a general is typically a thread to post things that are related to the topic. they're similar to (excuse le reddit but it's an apt comparison) subreddits on reddit; the subreddit is a topic, people post things that are related to said topic.

>make an international board to learn about other cultures
>people segregate themselves into generals

But the generals don't have topics here, it's just a circlejerk.

/rus/ has answered some of my questions and helped me translate a few things, and when something is going on in a country I can visit their general and ask some questions or just lurk if they're writing in English.

If you have a specific question for a specific part of the world a general is more likely to get you an answer than a thread on its own. At least sometimes, some generals are r9k shitposting only like /brit/.

/brit/ is the best general you mong