Is it to late to start programming to become a Computer scientist at 24?

Is it to late to start programming to become a Computer scientist at 24?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_Books
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not at all. But it's too late to specifically become one of those hip kids making absurd money at a Bay Area tech startup. They only take the youngest of blood.

Yes sorry but it's too late

Steve Bezos and Larry Ellison didn't start their companies until their early 30's. That gives me almost 10 years to study. The only problem is I don't know what to study(which books and subjects would best suit my needs), that's why I am here in this thread. I need some guidance on which direction to turn.

web development and mobile stuff I guess

But it mostly balances out. The morons have pushed up rents so much there, that they have about the same disposable income as a programmer in Georgia. To make things better, they often have trouble finding jobs outside of those hotspot areas, because everyone in the real world is afraid their company can't compete with what the programmer is used to.

AI and Big Data if you want to take a red pill.

I'm 32 and just got into the field

Pretty late honestly but it's better than what I was doing before

But don't try, leave more options for me
Pussy bitch

If you don't have your PhD and haven't started your first company by 12, it's too late and you may as well give up on life.

Can you please explain the Red Pill part.

>tfw I'm 19 and moving to san fran next month to work at a start up

s-s-sorry

niggers

the only time you need to start worrying about "is it too late to *" is when you hit 30. any time before that is fine regardless of field.

I don't think you can call yourself a computer scientist without a PhD. Could be wrong.

holy shit clean your fucking room.

I can't stand slobs, part of growing up is picking the fuck up after yourself. kid needs a good shroom trip to reset his fucking brain and maybe an ass whipping from his dad

failed parenting and failed dopamine circuit featured in that photo folks

You're super young man. You have a ton of good years in you to educate your mind. Go for it. Even if you were an older person you can likely still do it.

God, this comment came off as so vain and vapid. They hire the young ones because they're naive enough to take the shitty job with shitty hours and albeit a good pay that wont be relatively good in silicone valley though.

>silicone

Go to school man.

Thanks. This is why I still come here.

I didn't start studying IT until I was in my mid-30s. I'm in my 40s now. I'm no computer scientist but I love working in this field. That's why I keep on learning. Otherwise I wouldn't be some middle aged dude browsing Sup Forums. If you love this stuff don't worry about it. Just go with it and you'll be fine.

>implying all of the tiddies aren't fake

dont call it san fran

Go to school. No amount of self-study can make up for actually going to school and participating in a community of like-minded people.

What were you guys doing before?

Call center manager

Real "holy shit kill me" job

programmers are tidy

No. Do you already have a college degree?

It's too late in 2017, it's nothing to do how old you are, it's just that there's waaaaaay too many programmers already and there won't be a job for you

learn a trade, become an electrician or a mason

Nice try Pajeet

Trump is going to take Pajeet out of the picture, Pajeet doesn't even matter anymore. An ENTIRE GENERATION of american college kids were like half CS. The market is flooded with shitty know-nothing little shits and even people who know their shit backwards and forwards can't get a job without knowing the right people.

Sometimes Sup Forumsentooman are too nice.
Thanks for the support. I'll try harder!

yes pls go and get into coding. the less people who move into networking the better. your trade will keep dropping in value while networking will stay sky high in value because "its hard". Youre goddamn fucking right its hard.

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Programming_Books