pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (Never ever coming back)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/backlit-doubleshot-gradient-pbt-keycap-set
superuser.com/questions/596758/how-to-turn-on-computer-via-usb-keyboard
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE93VA
aliexpress.com/store/product/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791274444.html
fr.aliexpress.com/item/Enjoypbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps/32694867686.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best Vim keyboard? Something that maps arrows to hjkl would be good.

HHKB

post a picture of your current keyboard without replying to me

But that esc

doesn't matter

but what if I don't have an emacs pedal?

its clear you aren't an advanced enough user

Nth for 75%

I like 1800

You got it user.

Your keyboard isn't even nice

if mechanical keyboards are so great then why do they all use touch screens on star trek?

A better question would be why do they even pay people to operate computers when they have super intelligent AI?

are you sure that aren't mechanical touch screens?

>tfw no OLED keycaps

i dont recall him ever claiming it was?

It's a Filco so it definitely isn't shit, it's just a little boring. He clearly takes the gun hobby more seriously than the keyboard hobby.

I've got a Filco majestouch 2 myself, it's a very good keyboard with a modest design that doesn't go around screaming i'm a huge faggot

>pay
I thought Star Trek was a post-scarcity communist utopia

They get paid in holodeck hours

Pretty sure its a fascist empire

why does the super intelligent AI even allow humans to exist to fuck things up

where can i buy those key caps

>tfw you live in a communist hell hole and risk death on a daily basis just to spend a few precious minutes in a simulation where you can pretend it's 1950s America and your life has actual meaning
>also sweet ass mechanical typewriters

>having to use the digit keys to type

What a horrible language

KBPfans, Originative, Imsto, Aliexpress, Taobao

most Japanese don't actually type like that.

Hello. I have this old keyboard with blue cherry switches. Chicony kb-5191. I lost the din to PS2 converter so I will need one. Would be possible to change the layout to something similar to US?

How else do they type? IME?

yes it is an IME that inputs kanji. the IME can use romaji- or kana-based modes, which is the one which requires the number row. but most use romaji; at least I was told that by a Japanese person once.

Building a new pc when Vega releases but I want to go ahead and get a new keyboard since I accidentally broke the last foot a few weeks ago. I've never actually owned a mechanical keyboard, but I have used them and know that's what I want. I just don't know a whole lot about them. Maybe you can help me?

>Budget
$150
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Best for gaming? Black? Blue?
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100% full, preferably with 5-6 additional keys to bind for future use
>Backlight
yes
>Previous/current keyboards
Saitek Eclipse II, pic related before I cleaned it a couple years ago. I've had it since 2009

Thoughts on the Anne PRO?

I'm thinking of picking one up for myself with these keycaps massdrop.com/buy/backlit-doubleshot-gradient-pbt-keycap-set

A E S T H E T I C

It hadn't been cleaned. Ever. I keep it much tidier now.

That's pretty nice, what board/switches/caps?

not him
GMK Hyperfuse, Varmilo VA68M

>tfw no 75% keyboard with 2.75u backspace + 2.75u forwardspace instead of 5.5u spacebar

idea guy here

keyboard with a power button for turning your computer on and off

I love the look of the caps but its probably way easier to just type the english letters and have the computer output the correct kana.

>giving my cat the power to destroy all my work at any moment

Das 4 has a sleep button for that

sushi board

Here you go. My engineers work quickly. No need to thank me.

you can just program that in numbnuts

nice but did you mount the spacebar correctly, looks like it sits a bit high

You'd probably have a hard time programming a key to turn your computer on from a powered off state.

Is that even possible through USB?

superuser.com/questions/596758/how-to-turn-on-computer-via-usb-keyboard

Most programming methods have a sleep/wake option. For power I imagine you can add a simple macro code that will power off, but power back on? Not sure..

I think I hadn't had it fully pressed in in that photo but even if it's properly mounted it's still a tiny bit above the alts. I think it's the space bar

plz halp

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE93VA
aliexpress.com/store/product/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791274444.html

Fuck

Why does it seem like most 65% keyboard kits are available in very few and specific configurations?

Are there any kits out there where I can actually get my own key caps and switches separately?

For 65% kits I think your only choices are the Clueboard and that chinese 65% kit that was on Massdrop a while ago.

got a pok3r with mx clears in the mail. did i fuck up?

>tfw no 65%/75% kit with options for the bottom row which include split/unsplit 5.5u spacebar

yes

it'll be fine user

:(
:)

non ergo mx clears are pretty bad

I have a poker3 and lately while playing games I'll start strafing one direction like I'm holding down a key and the rest of the keyboard become unresponsive for about 1-2 seconds. Any ideas? I only play 1 game regularly so I'm not 100% positive it'll happen during other games/ tasks with roll over

seiden.tech, how hard do you think it would be to DIY the split spacebar configuration? would it be worth looking into or would the plate and the pcb need to come like that from the manufacturer?

if you have programmed macros or rgb lighting try resetting it. i had this type of issue when i set a too complex rgb color pattern on my choc mini rgb where the keyboard would be unresponsive for like 1-2 seconds once in a while.

Anyone has IBM Model M here?
How good is it for gaming? I'm mainly doing programming and CS:GO / osu. I heard they are very good for typing, but the 2KRO scared me a bit

The FPS cluster is a non-issue because the way the matrix is laid out allows pretty much all common key combos based on WASD to work. Don't know about osu.

Thats good to hear, maybe I'll get a model M then. For osu you only use X/Y (X/Z for US layout, different layout for me) so thats probably not a problem, maybe just the time / force of pressing a key, and the durability of the keys

>Budget
$125
America
>Preferred switch type
Brown or Red, mainly for gaming
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
full
>Backlight
yes
Steelseries Apex 300

good morning friends

Ducky One

how is this keyboard mates?

I need some non-gamer pandering memeboards that feature silver switches. Was looking at the Vortex Race 3 for pre-order. Any recommendations?

The only rgb is to show what preset it's on since it's a 60% I don't have any macros set other just the stock 4 presets. I'll look into that though thanks.

>Budget
$125
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Blue / Brown, programming and gaming
>Layout
ISO preferred, ANSI is okay too
>Form factor
numpad not necessary, full otherwise
>Backlight
not needed
none significant, shitty plastic ones mainly

I've missed you guys

mmmm

That's nice, I've actually got blanks in the mail right now.

They go nicely with ssk's, post a pic when you have em!

Sure will!

I don't get why they decided to make the top row nonstandard. I'm fine with a short right shift and 1u bottom modifiers, but that Esc and Del key will make finding replacements harder. Luckily the colored keys are extra cause I'd never use them. If they made a race 4 with a more standard layout I might buy one

Soon...(tm)

Should I buy this?

if you want to

I'm not a fan of the aesthetic, especially for 200 burger bucks.

It's a $200 complete programmable tkl

With kailh switches

I'll let you decide

Should go up for sale in late may

lol, shipping probably sometime next year or at the end of this year.

w2c those caps?

I don't get why they'd put so much effort into making a really high quality case and PCB, then cheap out with garbage Kailh switches and Tai-hao keycaps that people are gonna replace anyway. They could at least have a barebones option where you supply your own keycaps and switches but nah

The switches are hot swapable. Pop
In whatever you like

Because people can always just replace the kepcaps and switches(without soldering) anyway and thus helps shitters that just want a plug and play kb or are too scared to mod their on.

wtf i love rgb now!

I'm looking for an enjoypbt set in classic white/grey colors in US layout. Anyone know where to look?

fr.aliexpress.com/item/Enjoypbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps/32694867686.html

sorry about the french link but aliexpress seems terrible with languages