Which gimmick shall I buy to please our jewish overlords?

Samsung S8+ or Huawei Mate 9?

From what I gathered.
S8+:
> Overall better specs
> Faster
> Waterproof

Huawei Mate 9:
> Has dual-zoom - but not really. It's just "magic", while the iPhone 7 uses hardware zoom.
> Faster charging
> More juice (4k mAh)
> Can be fixed (!!!). The s8+ is hot_glue.png while the Mate 9 can be simply unscrewed then disassembled with a suction cup.

I realize the battery will work for 2 years but I still use an S3 and you know, they just work. Only had to throw away one phone, an M7 because the battery is so fucking hard to replace.

Has anyone done an official Samsung battery replacement on the S6 or S7?

> Why not LG
I loved LG. I rooted for LG, I used LG.
G2, G3, G Pro 2, G4, even the G5 were all fucking great phones.

But then LG just goes "just fuck my shit up", and decides to limit V10/V20 market. Decides to throw everyone in the trash by releasing a sub-flagship specced, heavily overpriced piece of trash called G6.

> Why not Moto
There is some Moto in the shop but it has some shit specs. And I don't really trust support/updates. I know, there was this cheap one that Sup Forums hyped and shilled, but this is a fuckton more expensive.

> Why not Blackberrry
The KEYOne would be amazing, but they fucked up the specs. Want to have a great idea ruined by hardware? Just ask Blackberry engineers to come up with something.

> Why not OnePlus
Cobbled together XDA like shit OS / no support and warranty whatsoever.

huawei

Just buy the S7. Its' prices are great now and it's still a great phone.

S8 M8

Yeah but it's the S8+, so that would be the S6 Plus Edge, which is old by now.
There was no S7 Plus, only Note 7. An explosive success.

Uhm... Gentoo?
Anyone using any of these?

I only saw Huawei in P8-P9 and Lite versions, and those sucked horribly.
P10 also had some nasty shit (wrong DDR ram, missing oleophobic coating, no UFS 2.1 storage)
But people say nice things about the Mate.

Neither, buy an iPhone 7 Plus because of NVMe storage. Don't buy a phone in 2015+2 without NVMe.

What's wrong with the S7 edge ??

I've got the mate 9. It's a big phone but I can't flaw it. Get about 6 hours screen on time despite having low signal most of the day. Camera is better than my old lumia 930 and z5. Speakers are nice and loud too.

>More juice (4k mAh)
>this is somehow a great thing instead of average
nigger my cheap $100 xiaomeme has 4000mAh

also
>Can be fixed is now a feature
what the fuck

Price.
It costs the same, so why go with the older hardware?
The S7 edge also had the Note 7 battery module so I would be a bit worried - there were a few fires reported.

>> 60257898
Yeah, Samsung wanted to play it safe and you only have 3500mAh in the S8+.

> Can be fixed is now a feature
You tell me.
LG had the upper hand here. I would have bought a V20 now.
But LG always fucks it up.

Look...
- It costs 1.5x more than the S8+.
- I cannot add an SD card, connect any kind of storage.
- I cannot manage my online storages because all apps are limited one way or another.
- I cannot customize looks, programs, anything.
- There is no fast charging.
- iTunes lock down.

I used a 4S, got it as a gift. And they are good phones for tech-illiterates.
Like soccer moms, dads, old people.
They are like super-charged dumb phones.

But you know, we are on Sup Forums, so what would be the purpose of buying one?

I had the P8Lite. It wasn't terrible, but yeah it's the fucking watered down US bullshit because they weren't full out fucking with the US market yet. Their Nexus was beast, I'm sure the Mate is as well.

Just fucking take a chance you spineless pussy. Don't be a faggot.

Yeah I have a m89 and Huawei unfucked their shit up in a big way. Camera is legit, especially the monochrome one. Only bad thing about it is the lack of waterproofing. It's weird to use a new phone with a screen that gets grumpy if it gets even a little wet.

>Just fucking take a chance you spineless pussy.
But it costs so much. ;_;

How is the UI and performance?
Does it have 7.0?
Can you theme all aspects?

>How is the UI and performance?
UI is okay, a little quirky in places (I once accidentally nuked a bunch of shit on my SD card with the built in optimizer app, which identified a large music folder as a problem and wiped it when I mindlessly tapped OK) but not pokey. I like the feature that tells me about background apps that are sucking up too much battery. I haven't seen any ugly bugs like I had with my old XZ, which would sometimes randomly shit the bed.
>7.0
Yeah but it doesn't get the monthly security updates, and I imagine that there will be a huge lagtime for Android O.
>Theme
Yeah, you can use Nova Launcher or whatever for that, although like a Samsung it won't get rid of EMUI. I haven't felt the need to get rid of EMUI though.

>- It costs 1.5x more than the S8+.
What? Did you mean 1.5 times the S8, didn't you?

> XZ shit
I have a Z3C, want to get it replaced with an XZ.
Is it really that shit? Fuck my life.

>

> Yeah, you can use Nova Launcher or whatever for that
I meant these full themes. If I remember correctly, there was a Theme button in the options/settings thing. I mostly want to theme the notification shade because Android 7.0s white cards are just fucking horrible.

yeah, yeah, as you say.
but don't get me wrong, ALL current flagships cost way too much.

when the S3 was top of the line (and S2, S4, S5), they all had a ~400$ price tag.
and that was flagship.

now it's 800$+.

wait for one plus 4.

>Yeah but it doesn't get the monthly security updates
Don't sweat it. Sony Z3C received like 2 updates after the fiasco - each were months old when they came. Note 4 also started getting them, then just nothing.

To be honest I never seen viruses/malware on my or anyone's devices.
I think 99% of the "huge security problems" are fearmongering. Because those companies

As I said there is no warranty on them whatsoever.
The battery is also not removable, and the OS is also just basically AOSP kinda working, kind compiled for the device.

OnePlus was fucking cool when Cyanogenmod was behind the OS though.

>what would be the purpose of buying one?
Again, NVMe. Don't buy a telephone without it. Android OEMs have had years to catch up now.

honestly people are way too picky over phones 90% of them get the job done, for something that'll be replaced in 2 years.
just pick one which feels good to hold and doesn't break easily

S3 was £500 in the UK sim free. S8 is £689. £500 from 2012 is 540 today. Not that much of an increase considering the difference in features and build quality.

Have been using my mate 9 for about 6 months I've enjoyed it. Sincerely never had battery problems even with vpn always on and other shit like watching videos in sw mode on mxplayer.
Better take the mate 9 regular because the bigger screen and doesn't bend in the edge (fuck i find that so annoying). Just a tip: you can adb away the navbar without root, install pie controls and enjoy a 5.9 inch full screen. I can only recommend it.

>S8+
Has flaws and stuff

>Huawei
Is literally a spy device for the Chinese government

Get the shitsung

>and other shit like watching videos in sw mode on mxplayer.
But why in SW mode? Kirin does not have a hw decoder pack available?

Not taht I have a lot to offer here, but I've been runnig Huawei for about a year now on the p9 lite and bang for buck is fuckoff great. You just have to be able to stomach ui hickups and the odd problem with hardware integration (although from what I hear this is android wide because manufacturers are so unbelievable short sighted)
It has to be rebooted to get it to connect to mobile data about once per day, and there seems to be a similar problem with some (all?) of the location services more rarely.
I paid $380 AUD for a phone that was as good as anything "big brand" for near twice that and I use the unholy shit out of it. The screen protector ad hard clip case it comes with standard have been though 2 car accidents and daily sweat soaking. There's polyurethane all over the screen and I regularly bash sand out of the case after work. I pulled it apart to clean out the speaker after I got epoxy mortar in it and was screaming at everyone for a couple days, your average 10 year old could fix one of these given a few minutes of training.
OP make your decisions based on your insights, but this faggot says fuck big branding (at least until I'm let down again, which is how I was led down this glorious path). Give the chinks a chance to prove themselves.

Also: Almost forgot the reason I chose this model specifically is it's got fairly good freelance rom support, but I never got that far because the stock ui gives me enough control the only reason to fuck with it is for a hosts file to block adware. Considering it's a workhorse it just hasn't been necessary.

It doesn't cost the same. You can get it for 300 bucks less if you look around.

Owner of a P10 here. The only thing I can confirm is that the oliophobic coating isn't as good as other flagships but that's due to the memeprint scanner (it werks really good but I'd rather have it in the back) but it's no way near as bad as people bitch about it. Everything else is superb! It feels nicer and way more sturdier than any iFag device I ever used...
Tried the S8 too. Honestly, it looks pretty but it feels cheap AF for a flagship also the touchjizz (or whatever they're using now) is still a piece of shit...

Look at me simply ignoring all the other arguments he gave.

Well said but would add some things compared to the P10 plus
>no monthly updates
Mine does. I think it depends on the region tho...
>Is EMUI bloat?
Honestly it's the least annoying manufacturer skin I ever used. It actually gives USEFUL features unlike most. The only thing I miss is the ability to use custom icon packs but that's about it.

>You can get it for 300 bucks less if you look around.
It's the carrier. They sell the G6, S7 Edge, S6 Edge, Moto Z (or what is it called) all around the same price. There is just a minor price difference. 50$ or so.
So that's why it's just not really worth it you know. I used Samsung devices for a long time and I know how Samsung gives you the middle finger as soon as possible when it comes to updates.

Thanks for the info, it's nice to see Huawei is not so bad.
Though you should mind the Lite comes with piss weak CPU, so the hickup must be due to that. I will never understand why Huawei or Samsung gives out phones of all price ranges under the same brand. I would simply do a Hualess or something because the experience is just way different on a low-mid end Android phone, than on a flagship one.

> rom support
Never really had success with custom roms, except backported ones. (Note 7 -> Note 4 and such.) AOSP, Cyanogen and all that always ..and I really mean always had problems. On ALL the devices I tried.