How long until hybrids completely replace laptops?

How long until hybrids completely replace laptops?

Hope never, onscreen keyboard is shit, and its a hassle to use their keyboard on bed

Touchscreens on Computers are a fucking meme.

What do you think the precision stylus is for?

SP4 already replaced my laptop and tablet. I do anything that actual processing on my desktop

So since Pro 5 wasn't announced, it's safe to get a cheap Surface Pro 4?

Never. No real work is done on a touchscreen.

I did my dissertation using Mathematica and LaTeX on a touchscreen

>LaTeX
If you're retarded enough to use a touchscreen for an entirely text input based task then I assume that the dissertation you produced still fits my rule.

there's an announcement on the 23rd related to the surface line so wait until then to be safe

don't be dense, we are talking about hybrids with detachable keyboards.

SP4, Yogas, Dell 2in1s are all 100% Windows computers with touchscreens and detachable keyboards.

Tell that to the people in my office using the touchscreen to zoom in and out of Excel cells instantly without bullshitting around with the tiny ass scrollbar in the right corner.

idgaf, real men work on desktop.
manlets computers can cry for all I care

>What is VNC

garbage

Don't ever bother waiting just buy if you want one

It's good

If you're a NEET who never leaves the house, sure

I only deal with headless servers, sorry mato

I fucking love my i7 Surface pro 3. i use it at work, and at home as my main (functionally sole) computing device, and it works well and intuitively with many imput options, and the portability and battery life fits in exactly where/when i need to use it. I know it's not the perfect setup for a lot of people, but if it fits your use case you will be amazed at how well it integrates with your daily use. I take it everywhere and it's really nice to have all my files and programs at any time in an easy-to-use form factor

When they figue out a way to comfortably rest the device on my belly while laying in bed.

You can easily do that with a decent trackpad that doesn't behave like an emulated mouse (i.e. 95% of Wangblows craptops).

i have a folding magnetic flashlight that attaches to the magnets in the kickstand well enough to do this stably when oriented in just the right way, the hassle required to find a thing in my house to do this shows how much this is needed

no apps

Ctrl + Mousewheel?
Bonus: you don't have to leave the keyboard.

what is the point of a hybrid? everyone I've seen use them as regular laptops and talk about how one day they could put it in tablet mode.

all keywords present
collect your rupees pajeet

as long as the weight distribution is what it is (flimsy base / heavy screen) it'll never replace notebooks

maybe if the kickstand hinge was at the bottom and extended in a straight line with the keyboard _/_ but at this point it's just getting ridiculous

Laplets are a gimmick form factor that literally no one asked for.

They are categorically worse both at being a laptop (prioritizing gorilla-arm-inducing touchscreens over multitouch trackpads) and a tablet (thick, heavy, noisy, shit battery life) with two separate sets of user interfaces and applications.

Laplets are the smart TVs of computing.

I use both, it replaced both my laptop and my tablet. So I guess it depends on if you get use of both those types of devices.

If you only use laptops and never tablets, it's just a very expensive tiny laptop.

As a dedicated tablet I still think the iPad beats it, mostly because Windows app support is just pathetic. But for me it's replaced both of those devices fine. I can use a mouse and keyboard to do laptop stuff on it, and vertically one hand it in tablet mode for reading.

Depends on you though.

i do a lot of automotive standalone ecu tuning and using a regular laptop with a keyboard sticking out and a steering wheel infront of you (when stopped ofc) is veru uncomfortable, and the software largely requires windows, a surface works perfect in this use case

>Laplets are a gimmick form factor that literally no one asked for.

Y'know, aside from the people who can't be fucked to carry around both a laptop and a tablet. Why the shit would I want to carry around two different devices if I just want to read a PDF file or something like that when I can just get a laptop that can easily do it?

unlikely, having most of the laptop weight on the screen side is a huge disadvantage if you want to use like a normal laptop, you can't use it on your lap and attachable keyboards are usually shitty (though the new one from the lenovo mixx or something is quite good, but at the same time heavier)

specially since now lenovo, dell, hp and asus have released 2-in-1 versions of their flagship laptops with core i that come around the same weight as a surface+keyboard

Smartphones are replacing laptops.

Soon laptops are going to be just smartphone docks with keyboard screen and battery

Hopefully soon because that might mean affordable 2-in-1s. I fucking hate how overpriced the surface line and most clones of it are.
I just want one at a reasonable price. Is that too much to ask?

When dum dums stop trying to game on laptops.

Tablets have no problem opening PDF files.

It's almost here, user. The first batch of Superbooks is shipped this month.

The macbook airs already have internals of a smartphone.

Hopefully never, touchscreen Windows sucks and those keyboard can eat my ass.