What is something you always wanted to exist, technologically possible, yet nobody ever created it?

What is something you always wanted to exist, technologically possible, yet nobody ever created it?
I've got the chance to make it, so I ask you guys for ideas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/di3aJHvMPJg
kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

mouse on your finger to be used on any surface

Cool, but do you mean it as moving your thumb on your index much like a trackpad, or move your index on your desk using your desk as a trackpad?

thicc laptops with battery life as primary goal

An LCD overlaid on a CCD sensor to allow different exposure values for different parts of the image.

Soundproof bed chambers.

A secure and productive operating system and suite of general office software, as well as a web browser, all of which respect my privacy (meaning that there is NO telemetry at all)

I think he means the latter, because that would be dope

That was already done I think, the edgy-looking laser projected one

this a thousand times. everything popular is botnet and all of the obscure stuff is either completely abandoned or unusable

A machine that vibrates a plate a certain frequency. On that plate is a box of lucky charms cereal. The plate will vibrate at a frequency which will sort marshmallows to the top and all the other bullshit to the bottom.

A waifu sexbot. Yes it is technologically possible but is still prohibitively expensive.

a weapon to surpass metal gear.

A zipit z2 but with better specs
I love the design and form factor

>What is something you always wanted to exist, technologically possible, yet nobody ever created it?
Make myself happy.

Already in the making

A laptop with a pure PCI-e x16 port adapter to a PCI-e x16 backplane.
Like thunderbolt, but less gay and faster.

Smartphone batteries in the 20kmah+ range

suicide booths

That isn't possible, a lithium battery that size would be huge, chemistry needs to go forward and find an element that stores energy better. Unfortunately there's currently no need for more capacity (unlike space for more transistors, reason why graphene is being tested over silicon), so we won't see that for quite a while.

Browsers that aren't vulnerable to malware and endless popups.

How hard is it to just add a setting that limit the maximum number of popups that appear on screen and configure a key to force close everything?

Unethical, wouldn't take off. Keep in mind I'll be doing what I think is the best of the ones presented, but profit is also necessary, can't live on instant ramen for ever

youtu.be/di3aJHvMPJg
This was posted on /diy/ just now. I'd say it would fall under this catagory. It's some kind of revolving spoon device for soup.

The demand is already satisfied by tall buildings/bridges/bridges/train tracks/etc.

Make this except with a bigger screen.

kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f

We need some free as in freedom wifi drivers over here at GNU/Linux.

Keked a fart out

clearly all funds should be put towards making this

a bed that doesnt make my bed hurt

Sword art online style virtual reality

Ready Player One style virtual reality

a phone that's at least 2cm thick so it can have a decent battery and a very good physical resistance, running stock Android, targeted to rescatists and people who travel a lot.

So a phone that makes fucking sense.

DragonModZ to be finished.

just this pls op ;-;

current thinkpad x/t lines.

An application that lets me model my own onaholes that I can then order directly from the factory.

That would be really cool. Would probably make ND filters manufacturers a bit mad though.

Dude what? I don't think you quite understand what you're talking about. What you want is thunderbolt, or, if you want a free standard, expresscard. Making a full PCIE interface in a connector that small costs too much money and R&D to be an open standard for now, but we'll get around to it eventually. For now, the market isn't catering to people that don't even have the money for real computers, 'cause they'd likely not have the money for that either.
:^)
The technology exists, it's called (anything except for firefox) + ublock.

A highly durable ereader that could power itself entirely through solar energy.

pixel on project fi

That's gay because it's easier to cram electronics into something laptop-sized than phone-sized. If you're going to be carrying a laptop-sized piece of crap, limiting your performance to what can be squeezed out of a phone is just dumb.

weather controlled sleeping pods. Think a tent/sleeping bag, but you could literally sleep inside this thing nice and cozy and you could put it ANYWHERE. It would require some kind of very small AC unit for the summer and heater for the winter.

How about a G-shock equivalent smartwatch? Not sure if it can realistically be fully solar powered, but it could certainly extend its battery life that way. The main point though would be durability. Surely we can make tough capacitive screens now, and shock-resistant electronics inside a particularly durable case.

Alternatively a flip-open lid to protect the touch screen? Maybe a really simple LCD for instant info (such as the current time), could that be made durable enough? Then you flip it open to actually use the touch screen.

Normies don't need the extra performance. They just need enough to run a word processor and angry birds.

GNU torrent client copy of utorrent 2.2.1

Something like 8pen but not discontinued.
I tried novakey but you can't chain letters into gestures. So I have to individually type every letter, which ends up being slower than a shitty swiping keyboard (such as the google keyboard).

An easy to use stream/sync service so you can watch movies with friends

There are plenty of things that do this, but for local files? Nada.