Surface tablets

Whats your stance on the Surface pro 3-4?
why is it not shilled here?
I've recently got my hands on surface pro 3 and its great, also pen is better than wacom's 1024 tech.
You guys are stuck in the shitpad era still?

Just wait for the SP5. :^)))

I really like my Surface Pro 4, I've always hated laptops and ever since tablets became a thing I knew they'd be replacing the laptops eventually.

There's still a lot of room for improvement, but one or two iterations down the line I think the Surface hybrids will really be great.

The Surface Laptop feels like a weird step back in comparison.

They aren't shilled because it's Microsoft.

They are nice, but they're heavy, with shitty battery life.

The battery life I've found to be okay, the idle times are pretty awful though. I leave the thing for a day and it's dead when I come back.

Compared to my Galaxy Tab S2 which can idle for a pretty long time without dropping significantly.

>why is it not shilled here?
because youd look silly installing gentoo on a device with fuckhuge windows logo

i have a big question can you take a pic of you holding it in portrait mode with one hand? I need to see if it's too big to read books one handed.

It's doable but it its a 12 inch tablet with a pretty good weight, I wouldn't call it immensely comfortable.

You'd definitely be able to use it for reading, but not as comfortably as on an iPad or a Kindle.

I'm also a weak bitch though.

fug thanks user, i guess ill get the surface 3 instead

because they are super expensive for little performance.

the Lenovo 720, has the same pen pressure with a 1050 while costing 50% of the Surface.

my school issued them to us. they're awful. avoid

do you have anything roughly 6-7 inches to use as a scale?

I believe a properly made traditional laptop is superior in 90% of use case scenarios.

Dell XPS line for an obvious example.

The other 10% (and I'm being generous) is actual graphic artists who use their mobile machine for work full time.

Wait for may 28th when they announce surface pro 5. 3 and 4 still don't have usb type c.

If you're just reading books I'd recommended a Paperwhite, way more comfortable to read from and hold.

I use my Surface for manga, comics, and PDFs though and it's very nice. The excellent screen certainly helps.

>that dildo
>those skinny hands
plz show feminine benis

no i plan to read my books , and take notes using a stylus on onenote for college.

Surface Pro is perfect for you then, Windows Inkspace is great with a Surface Pen. Just click the eraser button to open it up, and you can instantly get a blank canvas or take a snapshot of your screen to write on.

It's super useful.

what do you use yours for?

I used to use it for college, but it's mostly wasted now. I use it for manga and stuff. Also just browsing the web, checking email, doing whatever when I'm not at my desktop. Typing isn't as nice as on a mechanical naturally, but I use it a lot for writing because I don't find a computer desk to always be the best environment for it.

I still like it a lot though, because I don't like laptops and this form factor is much more comfortable for me.

It really works well for college though.

Your make your mother cry in her sleep

gay

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Look no further

I don't buy brand new electronics.

I find myself reading with one hand often, but mainly in my room if I'm lying down on my bed or sitting at my desk, don't expect to read it on the train or something like that though. If you're reading novels and whatnot probably best just to go with a kindle but i found my surface is extremely helpful in reading university textbook pdfs, things that littered with diagrams and whatnot. Think of it more as a laptop that happens to be a tablet instead of a tablet that happens to be a laptop

I hope you can change the ram or the ssd when they die

Nope. Costs about £400 just for a battery replacement, Id love to see microsoft put some screws on the screen to allow for easier access but that's never gonna happen

>heavy
found the limp-wrested faggot

Reminds me of the old nexus tablets.

that razer black widow x
i love that keyboard. the lights above the numblock are green in your picture; in europe they are white.

I liked the Surface Pro 2, but then Microsoft bought Ntrig and it all went down hill from there.

sp4 fag here...... keep reading how ppl get 5-7 hours on this thing.... i barely get 3-4 hours .... and thats with all the little tweaks ppl do with their shit. Its the one thing i really hate about this device ....

Only thing I worry about for getting is the 32 Wh battery

I'm rarely in a position where I can't charge mine if need be so it's not really a problem for me, plus battery life with everything is pretty bad these days.

5 hours of use before needing a charge is a pain but at this point it just feels expected. It's thin and has a 12 inch 2k screen, battery life had no chance.

It's a really nice keyboard, I'm jealous of your white lights that would go well with other colour schemes better than green.

There's plenty of laptops with 99wh these days which you don't charge for days and then Thinkpads which all have huge battery by default

Yeah, absolutely. But Surface Pros aren't laptops, they're tablets running a full version of Windows 10, with 2k screens and thin form factor.

It's a shit trend that's taken over phones and tablets, these thin ass devices with crazy high resolution screens. Battery life is absolute trash in the mobile industry right now.

I have a surface book and I love it. Having a full fledged laptop to use as a tablet is fantastic.

I'm a teacher and use it all the time with M$ screen casting dongle to project problems kids have with math and work through their misconceptions. And using Onenote is nice for planning because I can just drop PDF.s of all my consumables in my lesson plans and just print off as needed. It's great.

I'm actually thinking about getting just a surface to use in the classroom and keep the book at home, but I'm not sure.