Tfw took the blue pill

>tfw took the blue pill

Other urls found in this thread:

developer.mbed.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=-MrqCmq3Z5k&index=19&list=PLcC3K_TatbUXnbNDNXeXLNr7C-zYCdqAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you bought that garbage it was more the brown pill

Is that a Pro Nano?

'Tahell is this?

That was a shitty joke

Inb4 upvoted

I have that piece of shit
it had an internal shortage somewhere which popped the regulator for the usb port. I took the regulator out and it works but no usb obviously

Why is it garbage?
Cheaper than arduino clones and way more powerful, plus more gpios.

How are you so technologically illiterate that your first thought is Arduinos? If you're going to be this much of a pleb, at least buy a Nucleo

>implying there's anything wrong with arduinos
I am indeed a pleb though. Just getting into microcontrollers and electronics. Seems like a nice hobby to go with a mostly theoretical CS education

>not getting the superior version

>implying everybody should have a clue what that noname garbage is.
shut the fuck up nigger fucking hate Sup Forums because of these people

the name is in the filename retard

What mcu dev board would you recommend then?

>stm32f103c8t6
are you retarded?

that's the name of the device. Google it nigger

that's the name of the fucking chip

Does it respect my freedoms?

I have the same exact board, and I learned flashing it using the uart today, since I had been rather reluctant to buy the stmlink. But I found stm32flash to p put me out of the bind. Now all I need to do is learn how to program it! Any sources that you guys would like to recommend? The official documentationis 1000+ pages

Yup, its compiler for C, assembler are included in the gcc-arm-none-eabi meaning it's fully freedom friendly

I'm using it like an arduino with stm32duino. Can program it right from the arduino ide. Haven't really looked into it much more than just uploading an example to make sure I got it working though. Don't know if there are any limitations.

Do you use the USB port to program it? Does the bootloader even support that?
I have only made some very basic programs in ARM assembly and assembled them using the ARM assembler. I'm more of an 8 bit guy, this is my first experience with ARMs

No, I program it over serial via a usb to serial programmer. The usb port is apparently fucked for communication because a pullup resistor has the wrong value, which I can't be arsed to fix at the moment.
If you fix that pullup resistor it should work though.

Is the hardware open as well?

stm32. I have a better F104 board.
I recommend you guys try ARMmbed. Its a nice real time kernel and you can code online.
Also some Arduino libraries can be imported.

The mbed guys were launching a full OS but never tried it. I have not touched this board in about a year or so.
developer.mbed.org/

Arduinos like that are like a fucking dollar on chink websites

For most things an 8-bit uC like arduinos is enough. These are clocked at 16 MHz.
Now when you need faster (for instance, to read a pin more frequently) the next step would be a Cortex M or similar. These are clocked at about 100 MHz. The programming is not as friendly and you don't have as many accessories available as in duinos. Also they use to run at 3.3V while Arduinos were 5V (there are a lot of compatible boards nowadays that qualify as arduinos tho)
Now if you need also connectivity there is the new ESP32 which is 100+MHz, has 2 cores, and has built-in Wi-Fi and BT. I think it is somehow compatible with the Arduino IDE, but not sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=-MrqCmq3Z5k&index=19&list=PLcC3K_TatbUXnbNDNXeXLNr7C-zYCdqAo
>only growing stronger