Memes aside... Why wasn't I taught about Tesla in school? We all learned about Edison etc...

Memes aside... Why wasn't I taught about Tesla in school? We all learned about Edison etc.. But Tesla was never mentioned.. Not once.

What gives?

Maybe they didn't want to encourage you to build a death ray.

Actually I'm kind of glad they didn't mention Tesla, so I was free to discover him on my own. He's 1000% more badass that way.

Don't you think that it's a bit ridiculous? Maybe learning about Tesla when I was 8 would've inspired me in a way? Iunno just find it pretty ridiculous.

Did learning about Edison at 8 inspire you?

No but Tesla was way more awesome than Edison.

Because Tesla is a meme for teenagers so that they can feel smart

Oh, you never heard of Nikolai Teslasen? He is a famous oilengineer from Norway.

the shittiest science teaches about scientists. its like the level of science you find in pop fedora boards. real science really just teaches concepts and ideas strictly, scientists usually come up if a teacher or professor has some weird hard-on.

Weird personality cults are only really there for kids and people who like pop-sci, there are many scientists and engineers who don't get the tesla treatment.

this

He's just a meme scientist or let's say a meme engineer because his later work proofs that he had no idea of the scientific method. Just building larger Tesla coils until your "concept" may work is not scientific I'd say.

The oatmeal comic about him is probably a bigger advancement in memeology than Tesla work for physics

you learnt about edison in school? what class?

just read a book about here and there are a lot

you shouldn't expect a school to hold your hand all your life, and he was mentioned

here = him *

they don't teach about him because he invented many things that are used now by US army and no one know about it. Changing weather and much more things.

I dunno. Michael Faraday is more important than both.

>american education
idk, we learnt most of the inventors from industrial revolution and all that

Red Alert is not real life.

OP is Canadian, though.

same shit different leaf

canada is in america though
>american education

they taught you about the italian philosopher nicoloso di tesli in grade school?

reddit

>canada is in america
CHI

Tesla wasn't a badass. He was an extremely intelligent neurotic autistic with big dreams but no desire to pursue them.

He got to hang out with Mark Twain, that makes him cool in my book.