Be honest, is he paranoid? All this talk about Big Brother tracking us and so on

Be honest, is he paranoid? All this talk about Big Brother tracking us and so on.

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/skype.html
suckless.org/people/Uriel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's one hundred percent correct, it's just too late to save us

>It's bad to feel X of Y

have you been living under a rock
stuff he says has been confirmed multiple times

I think he's right about many things, but he's also a pure idealist - no compromises, grey areas etc. only free software is accepted by him, and proprietary software should be destroyed. Personally I don't think this will ever happen, there will always be two camps and two kinds of licences and I will take best from both worlds.

That's a healthy attitude.

Why is he always on his laptop in strange places? What could he possibly be doing?

it's a meme you dip

He is a communist

No it isn't.
It's a complete misunderstanding of the issues, presented under the guise of cool aloof cynicism.
It's about as unhealthy, delusional, and destructive as you can get in this debate.

Fighting the invisible war with the Devil.

He's right. Normies should have learned that through Snowden.
> But user, its our government
> user, they would never do this, they're the good!
> user, please stop it! Its not true, they're the good, they would never abuse their power

GTFO FUCKING NORMIES, NOW ITS TOO LATE
GET FUCKED YOU DUMB RETARDS FOR NOT OPENING YOUR GODDAMN FUCKING EYES

He's downloading webpages remotely and having them sent to his inbox.

Are you saying he's not corrrect? Because THAT would be delusional.

There's nothing you can do to stop the tracking and spying. Nothing. Ted Kaczynski did nothing wrong and he tried to stop it. Now we get to live in this nightmare.

This. Stallman was right all the time.

how does he get money ?

This.

He tells the truth, just not the truth we want to hear.

Someone like him has to exist so we know the end goal. Leave pragmatism to other people and organizations.

He's an autist. He explains on his site that he frequently checks and writes his email, even in the middle of conversations.

absolutely not.

>proprietary software should be destroyed.
He doesn't want to destroy it. He just wants people to stop depending on the corporate/entity dominion that is commonly inflicted on software.

Believe it or not, he has a fair stance on preserving proprietary programs.

looks like a lazy comfy tour of Vietman desu.

He was right all along but we're reliant on the technological teet

Kaczynski was right. Technology brings surveillance and intrusions into privacy and freedom.

>Too late
It was doomed from the start

Comrade Stallman is correct
But its probably even worse than he says
Too many CIA niggers spying on us

He is right. "Big brother" or not. It's just pretty inconvenient to accept the truth unfortunately.

I wonder if he has any friends. I don't mean that as a slur on him or anything, but his lifestyle of constant travel and work combined with his autism wouldn't lend itself well to it. If he doesn't does he miss them?

he can just skype them lmao

HE JUST GO ON FB U NO!?

stallman.org/skype.html

Is he for real? This shit is better than that fag from Plan 9 who died.

No, (almost) complete surveillance is just a reality now.
The valley assholes baited us with convenience and now it's too late.

haha yeah go-i mean dude, he's just a paranoid whackjob. by the way i noticed your windows is a little out of date hahaha make sure to update.

all centralized systems of man are corruptible and corrupted and proprietary software companies are widely trusted and hardly understood systems of men

the policy does not exist regarding them because policymakers must understand them

this results in undue and uncontrolled power over the end-user by a proprietor and will only become worse as long as this is allowed to continue, and it has been

the nature of closed source software has no real parallel in reality and thus it is hard for the technologically uninclined to understand the grave danger of systems of men in which there is virtually no ability to discern their actions while they affect an ignorant populace on a large scale

though i believe it's near impossible to turn back now so get comfy with that

/thread

Is that your opinion or you are just spouting Stallman?

He's right.

FPBP

bump

He isn't. BUT, the degree you let this define your life is up to you. Stallman has been consumed by this. His whole life is this imaginary fight

As sad as it is... this user speaks the truth.

>I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children.
>The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.
Is he, dare I say it, our guy?

>all this talk
>big brother
He just keeps on getting proven right.

You do know there is more ideologies than communism and capitalism right?

>Be honest, is he paranoid?

No. He's just good at pattern recognition.

People accuse him of making "slippery slope" arguments, as if somehow "slippery slope" is always bad logic.

But in reality, "slippery slope" can sometimes be the result of simple pattern recognition.

In general, "slippery slope" arguments do tend to work well if they pertain to the acquisition of power by one person, or by a small number of people (for example the board of directors of a huge for-profit corporation).

In those cases, we observe the general pattern that people who acquire large amounts of power and money often develop an "unending lust" for more and more power and money, and they will often continue down that path without end, until they are stopped by some external force (which may or may not exist).

He's right, but few people care

What do you expect of US-People. They are the biggest cucks of mental intelligence on the whole world.

>is he paranoid? All this talk about Big Brother tracking us and so on.
Well obviously not. The idea that we are being tracked is no longer "talk", it's just objective fact.

Please gtfo here asap.

why are normalcucks so ignorant

suckless.org/people/Uriel

he's only reacting to simple facts of current times

Paranoia would imply that nothing is happening which is clearly untrue. It's just the average person doesn't care because you need to be educated and make an effort to even begin to care about problems of this complexity and size

he's a bitter old man and probably internally considers the FSF a failure due to the state of free software and the dominance of proprietary shitware

it's hard to have friends with a burden like that on the daily. He even hinted at all this when he had his mini autistic breakdown

He was a golang fag though with ebin nihilism.

Irony levels are off the charts!

Autism and memes aside, sadly he is right.
There's no escape now unless you use pre-Management Engine hardware and run open software on it.
fags on Sup Forums (including me) were, and still are poking fun at him, but he was right the whole time

not to be against you directly but it's easier to just ridicule someone than to face a problem that is seemingly too complex and hopeless to tackle

Like others said in this thread, it's way too late to turn things around