Still the best android tablet

>very good battery life
>great size and weight
>screen adequately high res
>fast enough for tablet activities (media consumption)
>highly active development community

are there even any competitors if you just use your tablet for basic apps, some games, and streaming music/movies? for real recommend some because i dont know anything about current tablets

Other urls found in this thread:

frys.com/product/9099337
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shield k1

When the hell is the Lenovo Tab 4 plus coming out?

fuggg thats like a n7 with front facing speakers, better specs, microSD and hdmi port. glorious.

That bezel is fucking offensive

The original Galaxy Tab S 8 (NOT the Tab S 2) is the "Rolls Royce" of Android tablets for media consumption; the screen is like a portal into another world. Unfortunately it's Samsung and while TouchWiz isn't as bad as people [on this board] make out, the OS is still a bit rubbish.

basically still correct. While the Tab S is stuck on Android 5.0 the Shield is *still* getting regular updates from Nvidia (now on 7.0) plus supports a decent stylus.

Either Tab S 2 or Shield K1 are much better than the Nexus

Still use mine daily. Great device.

I still have one. I unbricked it and let my girlfriend use it. I'm not even sure what the fuck she did with it.

I upgraded to a LGV510 years ago and that's what I've been using since.

I'll agree with other posters and say that if you are sticking with Android, the only patrician answers are either Shield or the Galaxy Tab S2. That said, I'm pretty happy with my iPad Mini 2 that I picked up off of fleabay for $120. It has the speed, the "apps", the games, the content, you name it. Nothing comes even close.

Huawei mediapad X2

7" tablet without the fuck huge bezels

>>Hisilicon Kirin 930

Yeah right

I don't know if it's the best Android tablet because it's the only one I've ever had but it's still holding up strong. I use it daily and it doesn't show any signs of aging.

New Pixel tablets are better in every way aside from price.

What did you mean by this?

Kneejerk reaction to anything non Snapdragon or Apple Ax. Upon further inspection Kirin 930 appears to have merit. I'd still be cautious though. Nothing worse than a shit slow tablet.

>android tablet
For what purpose

I always preferred the feel to the first gen, although slower it just felt right to me

I think i want a tablet to play PS1 videogames and android rhythm gayms. Which one should i buy? I am kinda poorfag.

>tfw dropped mine yesterday and the screen cracked
It works with a mouse still but that makes it pointless.

You literally can get a Windows 10 tablet with an i5, 4gb ram,128gb ssd and 10 hours of battery life for the same price.

Source? I call bullshit.
The N7 was freaking cheap for the beautiful screen and size/weight.
The specs were good enough for anything you'd want to do in a tablet too.

>Shield k1
>Either Tab S 2 or Shield K1 are much better than the Nexus
Sweet, got some replacements lined up for the inevitable.

It has a crippling problem with the charging port.
Otherwise they are amazing.

t.I owned two of them

IIRC the Nexus 7 is $299, this one is $247. Its a bit bigger though 11" and thicker however its thicker because it has a huge battery and it uses something called MIL-STD 810G which means its very droppable. MIL-STD 810G is a military standard for the US Army, Dell is currently the only company that adhere by these standards. There used to be another company called IBM but they sold their laptop lines and are no longer considered MILSPEC.

>IIRC the Nexus 7 is $299
no it was $200 or less in some places.

>in some places
okay... My broken one was still $299 because I got it at launch. I am looking for a replacement though and this DELL might be it. Still I might just wait for an iPad Pro deal which is what I really want. The Dell is a business friendly tablet but its no where near the productivity of the iPad Pro.

>Dell latitude 5175
>from $749.00
What are you trying to pull here user.

frys.com/product/9099337

>skylake not kabylake
It's last years model which is why its so cheap, Kabylake is over 15% faster than Skylake.

>15% faster than skylake
topkek

It was magnificent when it lasted.
I dropped mine twice, after the second repair I sought out replacements.

Best thing I found a little over a year ago was the Sony Xperia z3 Tablet Compact. Same kind of form, not too square, would fit into a coat pocket for example. They're discontinued too, but you might find some on ebay or whatever.

Sony's UI is a lot less offensive compared to Samsung's, and there's the SD card that I am so glad for having as opposed to the N7's lack of it. The thing has been a great travelling companion.

Should have bought a spare when they were going for half price 6 months back.

> 7 inches
KING OF THE TABLETLETS

unrelated here anyone remember
the guy army vet with tinnitus?
answer was a vernier scale
ten slider audio warble,whistling tweeting scale

>but that makes it pointless

Wouldn't that make it pointed?

Picking one up for $40 from some old guy today. Is there anything I should look for?

Make sure it powers on, charges, and isn't PIN-locked.

I have one so I can use apps that is only available through google play, while not having google on my phone.

>not using F-Droid

Am I the only one that uses wireless charging with these? Why is it the 7 is basically the only tablet with Qi support?

So to not open another thread.

I'll ask here, is the kindle paper white III any good for reading books in 2017 or are there better products at that price point or something around $200?

Would maybe a cheap tablet with 1280x800 be any good at that price point, would also read ebooks and comics with color?

Thank you in advance.

>356 g
No thanks. Fucker weighs like a brick.

Hell, after picking up pic related even the N7 feels bulky. So thin and light.

>choosing outdated unsupported devices because he can't carry a few extra grams
LMAO

>caring about official support
>not flashing a custom rom regardless

Excuse me I thought I was on Sup Forums, not facebook.