/w4v/ - Daily Wait for Vega Thread

This is where we wait for the latest AMD graphics card which AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our minds, no questions asked, 100% guaranteed, no chance it'll fail, just you wait.

The latest:
wccftech.com/amd-taking-the-covers-off-vega-navi-may-16th/
videocardz.com/69040/amd-radeon-rx-vega-quake-championship-edition-packaging-leaked

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/57418/amd-radeon-rx-vega-less-20-000-available-launch/index.html
prntscr.com/f5gqbn
pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/1054618.html
redgamingtech.com/intel-skylake-benchmarks-surface-15-ipc-gains-on-skylake-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>AMD will surely release in a timely manner and will definitely blow all of our mobos
ftfy

I'm not even looking forward to the trainwreck anymore

This.

If it doesn't absolutely shit on 10*0 series at every price point it's a fucking waste.

don't worry guys i'll bite the bullet and buy one for the daily /guts/ thread besides all I play is dos games what more could go worng?

its not like i'm a poor fag i'm just bored with Oh its another nvidia card meme.
look nvidia is okay brand but i'm tired of the same old same old.

So you cucks just sit back and wait (tm)
they say it will barely beat a GTX 1070 and some say a GTX 1080.

Only a dumb arse would think it will beat a GTX 1080ti let alone a titan Xp though

besides it will be fun just blow a load of money for no reason other then shits and giggles hehehehe.

do we know anything about TDP?

Will the 1070 competitor draw less than 200W?

Hopefully not. Don't want poor fags on my throne of my meme gpu.
I have to be unique, Can't let the poorfags have all the fun.

tweaktown.com/news/57418/amd-radeon-rx-vega-less-20-000-available-launch/index.html
>AMD will be releasing its next-gen Radeon RX Vega family of graphics cards in the next few weeks, and now I've had an exclusive industry source who has told me that AMD will have only a handful of Radeon RX Vega graphics cards at launch.
>I've been told that there will be less than 16,000 cards that will ship in the first few months after it launches, something that will come down to the HBM2 used on the card. HBM2 is in extremely limited supply, and is expensive to use - and since there's not enough, that scarcity is driving up the production costs of the card - and will see AMD only having 16,000 cards or so in the months post-launch.
>If this is true, AMD could be in a very rough spot with Radeon RX Vega - especially if it was to deliver on performance. There are hundreds of thousands of thirsty Radeon fans that want a next-gen graphics card, and the hype train for Radeon RX Vega is simultaneously withering out - and burning hotter than the sun. Personally, I want AMD to hit a home run with Radeon RX Vega - but at the same time, NVIDIA has completely secured the high-end market with the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti.
>We can expect a family of cards, with the latest rumors on performance of what should hopefully be the GTX 1070 competitor in RX Vega form above. It's a prototype card, and a rumored benchmark run - but, if it's true - how many of these cards would fill up that 16,000 quantity if there are other higher-end SKUs made available in the Radeon RX Vega family.

RIP in peace? Did we just get BTFO?

>My dad works at Nintendo: the source

NOOOO

sounds like bullshit to me

no worries, you will take the place of the poorfag ;^)

>tweakertown
>I've had an exclusive industry source

That would be his dealer, amirite?

wait™. We should wait™ lads.

This is the dumbest shit I've heard all day, do these guys know how little 16k chips is? Do they even know how much DRAM wafers Hynix makes in a day?
Even if their DRAM had 1.7% yields and they're bankrupt, there's more than enough to make some 30000 HBM stacks

>I've had an exclusive industry source who has told me
>I've been told that

VEGA is old and busted. Who waiting™ for NAVI here?

If

If Navi is multiple GPU on a MCM, then I'd personally wait for Navi since that's gonna be the largest performance uplift since G80

for 16bg you need 8x 2gb stacks so only 3750... if its 4gb per stack its only 7500 cards from 30k stacks

>Novideo shills overhyping Vega so they can fuck with everyone else when it releases and doesn't live up to this absurd hype
nice try

This is probably bullshit but it brings up a pretty good source of debate which is whether or not AMD has any business trying to pioneer a brand new memory tech like HBM2. How can AMD simultaneously position itself as the value brand and also on the cutting edge of a brand new technology? The answer is it's going to be extremely difficult to do without cutting some corners or charging a high price.

Vega has 8GB, so that's two 4GB stacks, each 4GB stack has 4x1GB DRAM modules.

If Hynix can't make 100k 1GB modules in a few month, I wonder what they're even doing making DRAM.

They can, like fuck, Hynix is big and they are used to pioneer new memory types, see GDDR3 and forward.

>(((((((sources))))))

yeah sure let's trust them!

prntscr.com/f5gqbn

So... I should buy a 580 now or I wait for Vega?

Of course they can, DRAM modules are tiny, there's thousands of them per wafer, Hynix puts out over a million wafers PER MONTH

Honestly this Tweaktown shit is beyond clickbait.

And yout budget is? Vega will have 1070 and onwards competitiors only.

And considering HBM chips are small. Basically it's a shitty clickbait.

Vega is too big for 1070 equivalent.
Unless they underclock it by 50%
Which I don't see happening

Cutdown Vega10/Vega11 fits right there.

Assuming Vega 11 comes out the same time as Vega 10.

Also Vega 10, even cut down is still far from the 1070.
They'd have to gimp its clock by 20% and shaders by 20%

Lisa said there'll be multiple Vega SKUs on launch. I'd rather believe her than any clickbait 'articles' full of 'leaks'.

Multiple SKUs can mean anything from 2 to 6, at most AMD can get 3 SKUs out of one chip.

If they have two chips (Vega 11), then they either have from 4 to 6 SKUs ready.

There was 11 Vega-based SKUs listed according to some 'leaks'. Assuming half are enterprise models, we have 5 to 6 models of Vega-based cards. Probably split in half between Vega10 and Vega11.

Better performance then Rx570/rx470 in crossfire should be min target. same or lower, it a failure

AMD to the consumers is like when as a kid you would say a fuckton of stupid things you'll do to for your parents to avoid getting in trouble and then when the heat is off you're like "oh shit I gotta do that stuff"
"HBM, HBM2,VEGAAAAAA"

I want a Vega Nano.
>10-15% slower than big Vega
>twice as efficient

Vega is already efficient as is, Nano will probably have better bins and lower clocks.

It'll only be twice as efficient if AMD doesn't clock Vega 10 to the moon.

>AMD fags have gotten so deluded they think Nvidia is overhyping vega
Nope, it's all on you retards

other people did this?
thought I was the only one

Yeah, but it won't lower the price of the 570/580?

...Why in the hell would it?

Why?

I'm not an expert in this things, but I thought that a release of a new, better product lowers the price of the old one.

That's only for company's that aren't losing 38 million a quarter

Does VW releasing a new Porche GT lower the price of a VW Golf?

Dude, the 570/580 came out literally less than a month ago, they're mid range cards.

o shit

Mm, okay, I'll get the 580. Thanks for the help.

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

>memes and more memes, not even woodscrews
Old man please show some VIDEO CARDS, or at least some woodscrews.

Volta or self crashing meme?

Memes. Self-crashing memes, meme learning, meme everything.

I'll be glad if they even mention the former exists, they've literally said nothing about it.

>Memechine learning
>Self-memeing memes

Thank you based Nmemea

What? You want VIDEO CARDS? Enjoy the memes goyim.

Why not VIDEO CARS?

Fuck you Huang.

Russia pls go

Navi is 7nm.

first available in 2019, if we are lucky.

GloFo is going 7nn FinFET DUV in 2h 2018, so we may get Navi in q4 2018.

That's 4 stacks plus the base die, and all the while you have to hope that they are still functional while stacked.

Silicon on interposers have always had shit yields due to that.

Seems way too early if GloFo only starts production in 2H.

>GloFo is going 7nn FinFET DUV in 2h 2018

Which means they'll have it ready for production by 2019 at best, and then you have to assume that the process is actually viable for larger chips.

Nope, actual production, not risk production in 2H 2018

All Vega needs to do is offer 1080ti performance at the $599 price bracket

Why the fuck do idiots still bother with AMD

Everything they release is shit

No, it needs to be at $400 or it'll never sell

This reeks of retard.
AMD has the patent for HBM.

That's actual production. Risk production is earlier, probably q2 2018. Remeber that it's basically IBM's 7nm process, the one they were developing for quite some time.

Except nvidia uses HBM2 in their Tesla cards? I don't think nvidia is willing to give and anything in licensing fees, are you sure AMD owns HBM IP?

Reminder that NVIDIA backed HMC. The one that bombed. Hard.

Yes, AMD and SK Hynix own HBM patents. Samsung licensed it.

Risk production is Q3-Q4 2017 for Glofo
It was originally supposed to be Q4/Q1 but got pushed a quarter earlier due to favorable results

Oh well, things look even MORE grim for Intel.

They backed it because they're retarded.
But look at the millions and millions of HBM stacks that are made. From AMD's patent.

We might see HBM in Kabylake-G according to Hiroshige Goto

>We might see HBM in Kabylake-G according to Hiroshige Goto
It'll probably use EMIB, which is interesting. Also Knights Mill will use HBM.

He said it will, he also said it might feature a radeon GPU.

>Intel GPU with Radeon GPU
PAJEETED.

I doubt that. What i'm more inclined to believe is it will use technologies AMD holds licenses and patents to (rather than going to Nvidia) because generally speaking anything new on the GPU front is under ownership of either AMD or Nvidia.

>might

pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/column/kaigai/1054618.html

AMD licenses its GPU core though? Matrox for example uses a certified AMD GPU with a Matrox sticker.

So what will Intel do without process lead?

Try to hold out until 2021

Goto knows his shit and is a Japanese Kyle Bennet, the package size of Kabylake-G is very large so there's clearly something going on there.

Also nobody said Intel would get Vega IP, Polaris IP would be enough.
At least they'll have working 3D drivers

Then what if their new arch is second Itanic?

Refresh Skylake again

But even the best goyim won't buy another Skylake in 2021.

Refresh Icelake again!

""""New Architecture""""

Wow Intel so innovating, much better than fucking poojeets from poomd.

Is it gonna be another 25% IPC improvement Skylake was touted to be?

No, only "15%" for you, good goy.

redgamingtech.com/intel-skylake-benchmarks-surface-15-ipc-gains-on-skylake-s/

EMIB is superior to TSV and easier to implement.

Ah, leaks"

On paper? Yes. We don't know it's real performance yet.

EMIB is point to point, interposer/TSV can wire lines anywhere on and off the die.

But no doubt it's cheaper, but will you ever see that as a consumer?