Walmart Area 71

subtopia.blogspot.com/2006/06/area-71.html
nytimes.com/2004/11/14/business/yourmoney/what-walmart-knows-about-customers-habits.html
web.archive.org/web/20070426150740/http://www.reclaimdemocracy.org:80/walmart/2007/spying_operation.php

This right here is Walmart's "Area 71" datacenter. That's right, it's a literal and absolutely fucking massive botnet. If you've ever set foot in a Walmart, you've been botnetted. If you've ever protested against Walmart, you've been botnetted. If you've reported on suc protests, you've been botnetted. If you were for some reason dumb and connected to their wifi, all of your personal emails are now theirs and the botnet's. If for some reason you're working there, you're actively being spied on by the botnet.
People are quick to scream "BOTNET" with the traditional companies (Google, MS, Yahoo, et al), but many don't realize that Walmart is also a massive botnet. Arguably, a far more scarier botnet that's actually real and literal.
>All of the data are precious to Wal-Mart.

Good thing I shop at Costco like a decent civilized person.

Sure they know what I buy and when, but unlike Walmart they're not corporate parasites preying on the country's poor.

While I believe this is entirely possible, I feel stronger that the people running my local Walmart are not competent enough to operate anything related to such a system.

It's like stepping foot into a third world nation, so we try not touch anything or stay too long when we are forced to visit.

The store manager and his assistant(s) probably know how to operate the system, while the grunts behind the service desk and checkout counters are just trained on which buttons to press on their POS terminals.

I can tell you've never been to philadelphia.

No, but try it down here in Miami; the entire city is a third-world banana republic.

>If you were for some reason dumb and connected to their wifi, all of your personal emails are now theirs and the botnet's.

Not if you use TLS like practically everyone does these days.

>mfw live in the heart if the botnet
>first job was from the botnet
>life is already seized by the botnet

employees dont have anything to do with it you fuckin dingus

you literally dont do anything but your job, and everyone elses job of course, but this shit is so fucking high up and abstracted away

like really are you dum or what

>but this shit is so fucking high up and abstracted away
Too far high, I'd argue. Their fucking DOS systems run off this thing.

the most the store manager is going to do is turn on the computer in the store that phones home and that's it

you know what you have to do user.

destroy them all from the inside.

Old copy/paste stale shit, nibba. It's a good one though. That's a beautiful data center.

REAL NIBBA HOURS
SMASH TAHT REPLY BUTTON

>That's a beautiful data center.
I agree, look at how it fits in.

I wonder if anyone has ever had sex in the area visible in that photo.

man, all the fucks i do not give

Really?

Walmart isn't even capable of managing their inventory, let alone do this shit.

Go work for Walmart for a little bit, it is amazing how unorganized it is.

>Go work for Walmart for a little bit
this is a walmart agen-- spokesperson, do not listen to him/her/other

I haven't been inside of a walmart since ~2011.

I've actually never worked there, I have heard hundreds of horror stories rhough from friends.

I'd starve before working at that shit hole.

Winco here, Costa a shit