What does Sup Forums think of a hypothetical government ruled by an AI?

What does Sup Forums think of a hypothetical government ruled by an AI?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cybersyn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Too many variables about the AI.

That's how communism could actually work.

the beast of revelation

Depends entirely on how the AI is trained.

WTF, i love communism now.

A total, complete, disaster.
Which would be extremely welcome.

Hard to imagine it more corrupt then what we have now.

Humans would create an imperfect AI that rapes us all in the ass w/o lube.

No, it is not.

WTF, i hate communism now.

>flaws in the programming because some of the people who worked on the AI put their own idealism into it
>Get accused of rape, no proof, but the AI is infallible to everyone so you go to prison for life

fuck this

no it isn't

Have a government with a group of independent AIs but have an elected human faction. AIs get 66% of the votes humans 33%
If you have 12 AI or so it won't matter if one is flawed AIs + human faction would have enough votes to replace any faulty AI but not eough power that the human faction could remove an AI they just dislike because of how it votes.

True AI with superhuman intelligence that has and enforces restrictions on optimizing away humans or the comfort and freedom of humans?

Seems like it might become something like Iain Banks' Culture.

Yea, we're kinda pets / kids ad they the adults, but it's not a bad arrangement.

Why not?
You do know Communism isn't anything bad, it's just an utopian society we can't produce, automated labor force and central computer controlled government would be the key.

>AIs get 66% of the votes humans 33%
Better reverse those percentages if you even want a remote chance of it ever working.

ITT: People who don't understand a thing about AI

Big brother on steroids. Someone has to create it and its not like the king makers will allow a uncorrupted ai to rule.

Roughly as good as whoever is programming it

It's a good idea, because humans are always corruptible

>flaws in the judicial system because some of the people who work in it put their own idealism into it
>Get accused of rape, no proof, but the courts are infallible so you go to prison for life

Really makes me think

Something similar happened in the past:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cybersyn

I wouldn't want an AI but having everything run by a program that receives democratic votes as input is the way to go.

direct democracy leads to tyranny of the majority

>democratic rules enforced by AI

Found the cuck

Weird use of tyranny if you think that way then I guess it could be technocratic republic.

whats cucked about it?

It would lead to a tragedy of the commons, everyone would vote for lower taxes because they vote in their self interest

Any minority group of opinions would have no power

That's what the "program" is for to calculate margins, resources and present possible decisions to be put into a vote. A firewall against ourselves.

Democracy is completely retarded in the first place. Start with the Greeks.

Sure you cant put humanity in the hands off an AI but its more acceptable to have intelligent systems that prevent retarded decisions made in a democracy.

So it wouldn't really be a democracy

More of a republic

well yea, see

yeah it would be terrible
who would the (((bankers))) payroll then?

It is the most logical solution to emotions influencing political decisions aside from a purely sociopathic cabinet
I've been telling people a robo-dictatorship is the most successful schema for ruling over humans. You just need to believe me, stop being so silly

Republics and democracies are not mutually exclusive categories

You are basically shifting the percentages.
If we make an AI that we trust enough to govern us, why would we make 12?
Why would they ever disagree?
AI traditionally simulate the effects of different responses then pick the most optimal option as the desired action.

If there is a right way to simulate the consequences, it would be better to use more time to simulate than to to simulate a ton of different times and go with the most popular.

But predicting an accurate response is really hard when you can't model it.
You can predict the position by from the velocity, the velocity from the acceleration etc.
But getting accurate long term calculations is not currently possible.
Take something like the weather services.
Predicting the weather is hard and inaccurate.

Could'nt be any worse then what we've had for the past ten or so years.

it would still need to be programmed by men, thus the critical flaw remains.

There are too many potential conflicts for it to work with true AI. What happens when the humans decide to alter the judicial system and remove a law that they see as redundant? The AI may treat them as lawbreakers. It might work better if each aspect of society such as legal, agricultural, social etc had a non AI neural network style computer that could process queries based on relevant points. These neural networks would be overseen by a group of elected humans, who would then vote for an outcome, based on that information.

People don't understand this. Communism - it's all about utilitarian super efficient management of resources!

>What happens when the humans decide to alter the judicial system and remove a law that they see as redundant? The AI may treat them as lawbreakers
There could be humans with veto rights.