Start programming at 20 with LISP, C, and prolog

>start programming at 20 with LISP, C, and prolog
>teach myself linear algebra, algorithms, and real analysis
>get told that I'll never be good by Sup Forums
>within a year eclipse all these "programming since 12" morons and realize that 99% of programmers have absolutely no talent

why did you lie to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

cripple
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They lied to make themselves feel better about their miserable existence

How to git gud at algorithms?

true

I think nerds like to feel elitist about meaningless garbage

in this case it's the age you started programming

learn math first?

get the CLRS book and take about a half-year to go through it thoroughly.

Take a discrete math for CS course.
Learn about, among other things, trees, sets, complexity of algorithms, linear alg., etc

>why did you lie to me?
You didn't show us what you actually accomplished, so when in doubt "we" didn't lie to you.

good job now you know like a third of a cs grad's first year

If you're making a post about this, certainly something must be wrong with you as, if all was well in your life, you'd move on and drop the complaints.

>Start programming at 14 for fun
>Now 20, in college
>Vastly Superior to all other classmates
>know lots of stuff that are supposedly "out of syllabus", so classmates do not even touch that stuff
>top of the class with best grades in everything actually computer related (data structures, networks etc)
>absolute dogshit at math
That's my story

Because almost nobody here actually accomplished any programming learning before they went to school for it where they finally figured out how to write in meme languages after being taught java for two years

>Bad at math
Youre not bad at math youre just impatient.
Either that or you seriously lack the critical thinking skills needed to effective solve computational problems

>linear algebra, algorithms, and real analysis

Yeah, sure buddy. You learned two fields of math from scratch on your own in a year while also trying to learn programming.

Also, why even mention this? Did you also learn piano in that year?

idk about u but I went to bootcamp and now im an html coder and css "ninja" they call me that for fun idk

I taught myself undergrad RA, yes. Not grad level but little rudin. I'm neet so I have a shitload of time.

Well, I started programming at 12 and I started working at 17. When I was 20 I was already making 90k salary.

It's truly pathetic if you think a shitty NEET like yourself has surpassed anyone.

no fucking way you went from typical high school education to real analysis in a year
also, nice larping faggot

congratulations brah you are so cool

I dropped out of HS, got an equivalency diploma, and taught myself calc 3 when I was 15-16 so I had the mathematical maturity to learn RA, I'm not a brainlet.

What a fucking loser you are.
I started when I was 6. At 14 I already had my first job where I earned more than 90k a year.
Recently (I am 20 Years old now) I sold my startup for 24 million dollars.

being php/joomla monkey from 12 means absolutely nothing. I started at 14 and focused mostly on competitive programming. soon to graduate from great uni and will have summer internship at one of the unicorn companies.

what's a good book for discrete math? Self-teaching user here

>Impatient
Exactly, that's the word to correctly describe it

>started programming at around around 25 with php, vb6
>math is at kindergarden level, i don't know the multiplication table and sometimes count my fingers to do simple addition
>get told that I'll never be good by Sup Forums
>currently making 200k

you don't need to be the next john carmack to be successful with programming. remember that facebook started out as a shitty php script.

learn RA

how to prove it then little rudin

most undergrad "discrete math" is just baby proofs for retarded cs majors, it isn't actual high level discrete math

I'm not bragging. I'm just pointing out OP is wrong

this

The autism needed to effectively solve computational problems*

FTFY

Do you have a formal degree?

How is he wrong though?
If you were so smart, you'd notice that what you are saying does not make any sense.

He's wrong in claiming he surpassed me and people like me. Did you even read the OP?

So, you are a moron then?
He said he "eclipsed all these "programming since 12" morons", not that he surpassed "programming since 12" geniuses or the like.
Furthermore, you don't know his actual skill just from the op.

>start programming at 8
>be dogshit at math all through to first semester of uni
>we learn set theory, all good. B midterm
>we learn topology
>sudden aha moment, everything i hadto memorize suddenly clicks
>wtf dude math is beautiful
Ended up graduating in math. Don't give up, it will click eventually and you'll love it.

no

>19
>started programming at the beginning of this semester with C++
>also teaching myself Python because my tutor recommended it for simple shit
>next year we have classes about and Fortran
What does Sup Forums recommend as a good language for scientists? I'm mostly talking about data analysis and physical simulations.
Astronomy undergrad student btw

>What does Sup Forums recommend as a good language for scientists? I'm mostly talking about data analysis and physical simulations.
prolog and R are what you're looking for.

How important is Linear Algebra and Discrete when it comes to being a successful programmer?

Essential. That's why it's first semester

lol you are so smug mr le 300k starting man

reread my post dumbfuck, I said 99% of programmers have no talent, the tacit implication is that age isn't the determining factor here

prolog is honestly shit.
The shit is good at is done easily in other languages as well, and it sucks completely at everything else.
R is gay too, with the only thing it has going for are the libraries.

does your first name happen to be chris?

serious question

yeah R the language is garbage but the environment is great

>It's truly pathetic if you think a shitty NEET like yourself has surpassed anyone
I guess stallman and all the other people that contribute to the GNU project are just losers because they don't make money, right?

After all everyone knows money = skill as a programmer

The only thing I'm competent at writing is assemblies. Everything else is too high level for me to comprehend

>prolog
Don't make me laugh that hard

Serious question how does Stallman live?

Octave like open source, matlab like close code.

Maybe in 2 or 3 years Julia language comes big.
Avoid rust,Haskell or Ocaml loud mouth community very little impact in real world.

Mostly "programming since 12" never make real project until 22 or 25.

>started programming at 1
>got first job at 1 and 2 months 300k starting
when will brainlets learn im 3 and i have fucked more pussy that you will ever see

it teaches you there are better ways to solve a problem than simple bruteforcing.

fpbp
Sup Forums is good of edgelords

cripple ch.net/prog/res/3034.html

Whoever told you 20 is too late is a dumbass. 30 and over is a different story.