I'm about to spend ~ $103 for an ((ebook)) from the publisher pearson...

I'm about to spend ~ $103 for an ((ebook)) from the publisher pearson. This trigonometry class requires the mymathlab bullshit, and the access card alone ($123) costs more than my uni's package. My question is, how do I rip the book from the site? I was thinking of writing a script to automatically take screenshots of each page, but I'm not sure about this.

Has anyone ever done this before? The package in question is "Student access for MyMathLab with eText for Sullivan, Precalculus 10e". Also just realized we're using a precalc book for trig, wtf.

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_boards_of_colleges_and_universities_in_the_United_States)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you could get the 9th edition in libgen

Screenshot at highest resolution, use ABBYY to stitch it back into a searchable PDF

Don't buy it, user.
You might get copy-protected, DRM version which would require 3rd party plugins for Adobe Reader to open. (It happened for me)

>This trigonometry class

this
I've had DRM protected free PDF's provided through some of the subscription services my Uni pays for
the thing that is super annoying is that some of the PDF providers put time limit and person limits on them. This means that only one or two people in an institution can "take out" a PDF at once and they have an hour to use it. After that they need to redownload it.

>precalculus
You have to be 18 to post here.

No dude, he's just retarded. There are actually people on this board that didn't, at the very fucking least, complete high school with Calculus.

I was kind of a dummy, so I only managed to get Calc I and II under my belt by the time I finished high school. But I knew some stupids that took Calc III and Discreet Math by the time they graduated.

My highschool didn't offer anything higher than algebra 2.
9: Pre-Algebra
10: Algebra I
11: Geometry
12: Algebra II

You should be taking Calc I first year of college. I took CI in high school too and took it again in college my first semester.

They were vastly different in many respects, especially since the college version was engineering calculus. So unless you're some kind of autistic savant (see: you), you'll be taking calc I at the beginning of college.

Lmao what the fuck is "pre-algebra"? I went to a school in a shithole and we were still offered up to calculus BC or whatever it's called

I took pre algebra in 8th grade

Europeans and Americans have different names for their courses.

Damn... I took pre-algebra in 6th grade and Algebra I was split up between 7th and 8th grade.

tfw took Algebra IA in 7th grade, but wasn't placed in IB in 8th.

Wasn't too worried about it, but ended up taking regular 8th grade math then Algreba I as a single course anyway in 9th

Fucking American education system

not OP but how does one go about writing scripts for screenshotting and similar tasks? What programming language is that/how do I get into learning that kind of stuff?

t. someone who was never taught stuff like this during CS degree

with the proper pre-existing tools you can automate most of it in something like bash or command line

What's wrong with this

American schools focus on team sports

ShareX (C#) is pretty much as good as it gets for Windows
Wish there was a Linux alternative up to that par

the course before algebra

You can't rip it because the book work is part of the website. I've already taken 2 classes using this shit. GL user, you're fucked.

Kek, you'll need to pay for access to the mathlab bullshit so you're paying either way. ebooks are easy to find.

I only took calculus until uni.

The ebook is available on amazon, which means you can buy it there, trivially strip the DRM and make a copy, and then "return" it immediately after for a full refund.

Don't bother trying it through the pearson site.

The book isn't even important, they give it to you with the mymathlab subscription.
You need the actual subscription to TURN IN YOUR HOMEWORK.

Dude don't pay for that shit. Self study with Khan Academy or one of the books in /sci/'s catalog and retake your college math assessment test.

Weird. My high school had precalc, but it was an "advanced" class that you had to leave school and go to the nearby university to take.

This.

My*Lab products all need chrome to work, by the way. The botnet wants you to fail

I'm taking college soon in a few months after working for a while.

What's all this crap about? Isn't there a site that lets you download current college books for free ?

Some lower level college courses, mainly the lower level maths are all monopolized by pearson and they expect you to pay $100 for the online textbook and the privilege of turning in your homework.
You can pirate the textbook if you want, you still need an access code or you can buy it straight from them for cheaper, but it's still $103.
And this is for every class that requires mymathlab.

Yes, but shitty course require online homework you need to buy access to like masteringphysics/masteringchemistry/masteringenginnering....

>tfw tested out of all calculus and ela

So there's drm? Surely someone has cracked this by now

This is how you fail.

Khan academy isn't going to challenge you.

Class challenges you.

Teachers challenge you.

Homework challenges you.

you're at one of many for-profit universities that have been bought by pearson, prepare your anus

It's not a book but login to a site.

why was this deleted?

The less people know about it the higher the chances it won't be taken down.

My math professors in community college refused to use it. So we never had to buy it. You can just rent the book.

What are you doing dude? Use libgen to get a good book... but the subject you posted here is pretty much basic stuff that you should have learn in high school.

gen.lib.rus.ec/

kek

At least it won't be on me.

I don't agree with you, but khan academy is truly garbage.
I don't know why people keep recommending it, it's literally the codecademy of math, none of the courses are any good and they're no better than the dozens of kids math websites providing the same information.
Go to literally ANY library and get a math textbook, do the examples, this is how you learn math.

The majority of American public colleges use Pearson. Pearson also makes the standardized tests used in all public K-12 schools. Pearson basically wrote No Child Left Behind and every education bill since. They own education.

You have to pay access, usually around $100 give or take $20 depending on how your school demands it, just to do your homework on these sites. The entire school system is owned by Pearson, so your Professor's superiors require that your professor use Pearson, probably.
On the plus side, answers are freely available through Google.

>mfw i told my professors i couldn't afford this jewry so they had the TA print off the problems for me to turn in

>mymathlab
just by the access code without the book, its a little hidden on the site but they usually go for ~40-50 usd

The fuck? I was already finished up through that point by 8th grade, in the US, in the shittiest middle school in the country.

Honestly I recommend buying the physical version so you can resell the physical version and get some of your money back.
Just make sure the one you buy comes with a code for online access, and check whether or not that includes an online version of the book.

And besides, you're only taking pre-calc or any other bullshit core class for a slip of paper and the chance to get into the program you want at your school.

Why someone would just go and teach themselves how to do multivariable calculus using pen and paper for no reason in 2017. Understanding vectors will help you understand arrays maybe.

You have a really nice professor then. I've asked my professors countless times if there are other ways to turn in homework or something, and they've all told me no. The Pearson jews own the system. My college is a pretty decent, if average, American University and otherwise is affordable though.

What do the professors get for picking pearson books with the whole forced DRM garbage?
Do they get kickbacks, or is this simply foisted on them by the school or their department?

>simply foisted on them by the school or their department?
this one

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

>simply foisted on them by the school or their department?
This one, combined with state lawmakers and the state regents (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governing_boards_of_colleges_and_universities_in_the_United_States) either being ex-Pearson employees, or otherwise being in the pocket of the Pearson jew.

A true jew professor writes their own textbook, and forces everyone in their department to use it and require students buy it. I had this once in my basic Psychology book.

>A true jew professor writes their own textbook, and forces everyone in their department to use it and require students buy it.
Kek, reminds me of a prof I heard about that did this, but he was notoriously shit at teaching and the book was published by his brother's company. My dad told me buying the professor's book was commonplace in Russia, but I'm sure they weren't jewing students hard then.

When I did law it was an automatic fail if you were seen with an old edition. Probably because the lectures error the books and made sweet bank by changing two words and selling it for a couple hundred.

Honestly, I don't know what I prefer.
The corporate jew, or the common every day jew.
With the common every day jew, you could be getting the most misinformed, biased and useless collection of information possible, but with the corporate jew, they're controlling people on a nationwide scale.

I had several professors do that, but it wasn't so much published books as you had to buy it from the university printing department that would print and bind it to order. It usually only cost like $15 bucks so it was a good deal compared to a textbook.

>professor writes his own textbook in the 90s
>full of errors but only ever got one edition published
>not even a good textbook without the errors
>faculty still uses it to this day with an errata packet
>no ebook copy obviously, can't pirate it, have to buy it
>sick of its shit the entire semester
>cut the spine off the book and feed it through a scanner
>manually apply all the changes in the errata to my scans
>upload to the internet
>next year friend tells me that half the students in the class are using my scanned version

feels good man

First off precal is mostly trig from what I remember. Also fuck textbook companies. I wish I could find a way to cost them tons of money.

I think when I had it in high school it was one semester of trig and one semester of precal.

Piracy.

Do you know any better site for pre-precalculus stuff?

>>A true jew professor writes their own textbook, and forces everyone in their department to use it and require students buy it.

Here a professor that does that must return the profits on the book.

>claims cs degree
>doesn't know OS101-level stuff
If you really do have a degree in CS, kys.