/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous: >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker disservice by providing members with opportunities for development, by recognizing tracker drama competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/LQxkS1mU (embed)
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers
MORE gitla.in/ptgGuide/ptgGuide/tree/master
IRC #ptg irc.rizon.net 6697/9999 SSL only

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only :^) don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

anyone got that guide to best groups? had a good hierachy like amazon > dimension (in regards to some shows) > itunes etc

GGn IS DOWN
>GGn IS DOWN
GGn IS DOWN
>GGn IS DOWN
GGn IS DOWN
>GGn IS DOWN

EVERYBODY PANIC

>EVERYBODY PANIC
I am rejoicing in the fact that GGn users are suffering at the hand of UGC!

>:^)

I love watching the normies squirm

Can someone tell me how many Episodes of "Unreported World" are on BTN?

has btn staff taken care of this turd?

>that webm

D^: is he OK?

hey guys, newfag here
i used to think that I couldn't seed on private trackers because everything was too well seeded, but I just forwarded my ports for qbittorrent because of the interview guide for redacted, and now I'm actually getting a few peers
just wanted to point that out as a tip for my fellow newfags

depends on format

I look around on the top trackers I'm in and it's filled with stupid fucking redditors and I wonder, is this really the best people the torrenting community has to offer?

yes!

Redditors are useful idiots who will contribute their time and money to upload and seed, so they are good for the community despite being cancerous plebians

Yes!

YEs!

pretty much, yes. the reddit tracker bB still has one of the best recruitment sections of any tracker out there, and it's tiny.

>it's filled with stupid fucking redditors
how do you know they're redditors?

tz

t. monkeycrossing

The way they converse and their taste in different kinds of media. I know that you're going to ask me how I know how Reddit acts, so I'll put it out right away that I've visited Reddit on handful of occasions.

examples?

>404
Sup Forums mods keeping our secrets safe

I really don't understand posts like this one after seeing posts like AB invites are given out like water on rizon. Just get chummy in some autist group and you're in. That simple.

>but i'm not an autist!
lol, stop using private trackers then normie

some of us prefer grinding to pu on several trackers rather than talking to someone

>/join nyaapantsu
>hey friendos, you are very funny inviting me to AB?
would that work?

I'm this guy If you want to tell me which IRC channels where I can actually come in a whore myself out for an invite, I'm more than willing to give it a try. The reason I'm interested in doing it the hard way by grinding ratios and doing interviews is because that is at least a relatively concrete way of going about it, whereas begging on IRC is more of a uncertain luck-based crapshoot.

>tfw 3TB of H&R on AB.
Hopefully the torrents will get pruned and I won't have to pay them off.

Why is AB trackers down all the fucking time? They make enough money. Is it because they are run by new staff?

How?

Accidentally removed the wrong folders while trying to move them from one drive to another.

If you download an untouched 1080p bluray rip, as long as it was ripped correctly, are you 100% sure that you are getting the best possible quality? it's not like encodes where the quality varies among encoders, right?

>ggn down for another two hours
what the fuck am I supposed to do now

bee urself :^)

No, because some BDs are fucked and need to be fixed. The encode can be better than the source.
BDs can also vary by release. I know the PAL version of My Little Pony had major banding issues, and the PAL speedup was enough to ruin the cadence of the show.

Just become friends in any anime group. Someone will give an invite.

Friendly for 2 weeks vs waiting 2 years

I know which one I'd choose

Damn, I wish it was as simple as lossless vs lossy audio

I'm looking for a copy of Princess Mononoke for archival purposes. I was gonna get the THORAnime, but then I heard some bad stuff about them, and now I can't even trust untouched rips

How do I know which encodes I can trust, without being a member of HDB?

But I don't want any friends

Is this something that you personally have done? Or is this just something that you assume can be done? Because it sounds pretty awkward to me, just showing up in an IRC channel, starting up some conversations, and then 2 weeks later asking these people for invites. I mean, I'm sure it's possible, but it's also possible they tell me to fuck off, and I'm just a inviteless loser who spent 2 weeks talking to redditor plebs on IRC

ddos (seriously)

I have given away invites in rizon.

In two weeks time
>hi friends, I have worked through my whole backlog *glomp* and have no new anime to watch :(
>do you know anyone that can help me to get into Animebytes :)

exigo
xbtmusic
gardencenterstage
baconbits
h4h
togethercheatingher
soitgoes
mmmm.hm
smoothnesspuma
hydra.zone

If you want best possible quality get remux or untouched bluray

Can I leave the channel forever once I got my invite or will they resent me and have me banned on AB?

Spite bans aren't real

This is probably what you want.

No, you paid the price. Now you must be their little cuck slave forever, else get banned.

I feel used but i don't care. t. 2 invites

>getting into a private tracker from a non-official recruiter
>not being /pure/
I seriously hope none of you do this.

there is no /pure/ way into AB right now

>wasting years to get /pure/ from start
or
>just getting a comfy invite from a friend who surely wont sell invites

>tfw the only site I was non-/pure/ on was what.cd
>now /pure/ again

feels good indeed

>being a weeb

Fuck off lasereyess you currynigger faggot

You forgot IllegalTorrents, Pedro's Pink Palace, those two unnamed trackers, and maybe ScreamBitch?

>ScreamBitch
We do not talk about that here.

I still think you are LARPing and haven't actually done this.

Regardless, there's actually something appealing about grinding ratio. Begging leddit fags for invites on IRC doesn't sound appealing at all.

I'm a casual but I want to be able to watch the occasional anime in the best format possible. BBT was more than enough, but they're dead to me after they closed without notice.

From BBT's twitter
>All that's left is to set everything up, which won't be possible tonight due to RL stuff, but we should be up tomorrow evening (24h or so)

Calm down faggot

>bB
here's a thread for freeleechized torrents to new people can check it out and gain buffer :)
>redtarded
if you use tokens to gain buffer we'll ban you

it's funny that they still suggest people to check out freetorrent=1 after they passed the interview

holy shit, wtf are you babbling on about?

yeah but bB has nothing of any real value to anyone.

Hi friends, I have worked through my whole backlog *glomp* and have no new anime to watch :(
do you know anyone that can help me to get into Animebytes :)

Why would you complain about anime on a site dedicated to the anime community?

maybe in 2003, but we've grown up. fuck off weebs.

*used to be dedicated

The site has now branched off and discusses different topics on different boards

t. not on bB

I'm on there.
That's true.

Can I join IPT via Tor?

Yes, but it is technology for people interested in Anime.
Sports for people interested in anime.
Conspiracies fro people interested in anime.
etc

No. please use your home connection

use their browser, it has tor and much more.

>Yes, but it is technology for people interested in Anime.
>Sports for people interested in anime.
>Conspiracies fro people interested in anime.
How did you even come to this incorrect and flat out wrong conclusion? A person browses any of those mentioned boards because they have an interest in the topic, not necessarily being interested in Anime.

>using the smiley with a carat nose
>using the backward smiley with a carat nose

Anime is one of the key components in anti normalfag defense system.
By not posting anime, normalfags will think that this site is friendly to them, which in turn increases amount of shit threads and decreases overall quality of posts. This brings me to my next point. Why are you here? If you want strict technology or other hobby related discussion forum there are many alternatives such as reddit, forums and mailing lists. Mixing anime with other topics is what makes this site different.

runescape_community.jpg

>Why are you here?
To piss off weebs like you!

don't you know that anime is extremely normie nowadays? It's what everyone watches! I see normal weebs everywhere! (also if you say normalfag after 2008 you're a normie). While forums and mailing lists are superior, sometimes i need a place to shit in, and this is a very good one. Fuck off weebs.

;_;

Why would a picture of a cute cartoon girl deter someone from browsing here?

>he seeds

I hope no one seriously does this

/ghostleech/

This. It is the ultimate cuckold thing to do

is the AB tracker down for anyone else? My client keeps reporting 'unknown errors' from the tracker. The site seems to be fine though.

Not seeding is impossible.

Having a ratio above 1 on the other hand

looks like the tracker is down

police raided the servers

dumb weebs

Demonotaku is to blame

who?

Is this a rare demonotaku?

This is true.

FUCK this guy seriously