The 7700k shits on all Ryzen CPUs, why would you pay for less quality when you can buy Intel?

The 7700k shits on all Ryzen CPUs, why would you pay for less quality when you can buy Intel?

Give me 3 reasons.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157543&cm_re=lga2011_motherboard-_-13-157-543-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't want to delid.

Because I have dual v1 xeons.

I'm not a gaymer.

yeah i tryed deliding my 6700k because it was thermal throttling and I put a small scrape on my pcb killing the cpu, I need my pc for work so I dropped 300 bucks and 1 day shipping on a 7700k. feels bad man. But I later get a rockit delid tool and some cool labs pro and some rtv to delid my 7700k. It runs at a constant 4.8ghz at 45°c on air in silent mode. Feels gud.

My next pc will have 8 cores.

>less quality
Meme-lake is the cpu that needs deliding not ryzen.

>I can't delid!!!
same type of people who can't change the engine oil themselves

Price, future-proof platform, moar cores and price.
Wait, that's 4.

>future-proof platform
That's a meme and you know it.

>more cores
Useless for now, Intel leads the industry they know what to build and not to build.

>price
Not an argument.

i don't lie jews
it is backdoored
it has heat issues

I don't want to burn my house down

Antisemitism is bad.
Backdoor accusation without proof.
It's hot because you don't cool it properly.

>I void my CPU warranty because its temps are shit

Intelfags everyone

Why would you go on the internet and lie? Unless...

>oil change
>needing a special tool

Well you know, I'm kinda tired of having to change motherboard every fucking time.
It's justified when you change memory technology, but other than that, it's just Intel jewing you.

>delid
>needing a special tool

got your proof right here

>not a single valuable software
>no games

Literally tinfoil hat material. Everything has "exploits" in it, gotta deal with it otherwise just go play with sticks and rocks.

I bought a 7700K, don't have heat issues and don't regret it because it was best suited to my needs.

With that said to most people I would simply recommend Ryzen over it.

>Gnu/Linux kernel and the gcc compiler
>Not valuable

You sure done outed yourself now

6700k is even better. No heat issues and no hardware DRM.

You only compile Linux once, it doesn't matter if it takes 5 minutes or 5 minutes and 10 seconds.
Coffee Lake will be better than Ryzen in every way

1Duck
2Taped
3Housefires

Is Intel stupid enough to go the moar cores™ way, and get their prosumer market wrecked by sub Naples AMD shit?
Let's be honest here, they've been caught asleep, and the only thing that saves them is that Ryzen doesn't clock past 4.1Ghz.
They should just focus on more clock speed at the moment.

>valuable software
>games

kill ys

Actually no.
You compile it at every major or minor update if you got Asperger and you want to stay at the cutting edge of autism.

if not for PC games you wouldn't have any modern CPUs to begin with.

>video encoding
>music production
>compiling
>comrpession
>scientific programming
>browsing

>what is xeon
you are a fucking moron

16 threads on a non exclusive board
Overall price of chip + board
No need to de-lid. Delidding is something enthusiasts would do. It shouldn't be a necessity at all.

Most of all I get to not support Intel and their Jewish tactics. They can take their new socket a year and 1% gains and shove it up their ass.

>This vulnerability does not exist on Intel-based consumer PCs.

Playing at 4K.
Pretty sure my old i5 750 would crap out the same FPS, as I'm basically now GPU limited for a decade at least.

Holy shit

You do realize that your fancy 7700k is absolutely fucking nothing compared to high-end high-core processors?

I have a dual-Xeon workstation that costs $12k. Do you think Intel gives more of a shit about me or your $300 gayming processor?

I can tell you didn't read the thread, or understand the vulnerability.

You're in good company. This kid on wccftech totally agrees with you!

1. gas the kikes
2. gas the kikes
3. gas the kikes

This exploit works with any password, or a null password. A failure during C coding of the string copy function. It authenticates anything. lol at any comparison to this exploit. It is unprecedented.

People don't understand why Xeon shit is so fucking overpriced.
Basically, it comes with a service contract.
You've got access to support line while plebs just get to phone into India.
If need be, they'll send support team to your location and fix it, whatever it takes, even if it means replacement.

>>future-proof platform
>That's a meme and you know it.

When I bought Sandy Bridge, I bought it because I though it will be futureproof, I was right. Hoping Ryzen wont disappoint.

No you fucking moron, that has literally nothing to do with why xeons are so expensive

Xeons don't come with a support contract like that anyways to begin with, I don't know where you dreamed that up

My $4k Xeons literally come in the same intel box as the Celeron processors and that's it

Xeons are expensive because they are the fastest fucking consumer (YES, consumer) CPUs in the world

>Buy Intel Xeon (tm) please, with your processor you will get a free service contract where they come to your location and fix it if it breaks
>Please believe me

Pitiful

>shitposts all day on lightweight Loonix distro
>wonders why his 2500k is still "up to date"

bait, here's your response

>2500k
I'm glorious 2600k master race, my mobo is dying thou so can't OC, so I'm buying Ryzen.

Are you guyz just happily throwing money at Intel for the lulz?
Holy balls, don't fucking do it unless you run business critical shit on it.
Why aren't enterprises just buying 7700Ks or 6900Ks?

The 7700k doesn't even fit on the page it's so inferior

1. Fuck deliding. Voiding your warranty so you can use and overclock the cpu you paid extra to overclock.

2. Moar cores.

3. Price. Even beyond the cpu intel charges more for their stuff to the mobo manufacturers.

Intel might actually be in trouble. Only thing they have an advantage on right now is the most obsessive gamers. And I have been looking through the high end expensive enterprise shit. I dont think Intel has more clock speed held back. They are going to actually have to go bad to r and d. This is actually good for everyone.

Price is very inferior to.
Enterprise could just buy more of them and network their applications.

Because those are failed Xeons salvaged by binning to be consumer-tier trash.
Real Xeons are the best binned CPUs that are able to run continually for years without restart and minimum of errors.

>price isn't a good reason to by a competing product

nonsense, Xeons are just as shit as any other Intel's CPU.

I'd go block & hammer.

>Enterprise could just buy more of them and network their applications.

Confirmed for being a moron

>network their applications

yeah I'm sure this sounds like a reasonable statement to normies

baited

Price.
Platform longevity.
Multi-threading performance.
High quality included cooler.
More PCIe lanes.
Lower TDP.
Better thermal performance.

No, they are binned better than i7 because enterprise customers require the best performance-per-watt and reliability, while price is not very important.
Consumers will eat any shit you give them and even thank you for the opportunity to delid that trash to be usable.

The real question is, why would anyone buy Kaby Lake if they owned any equivalent Intel chip from any post-Sandy Bridge series?

>future-proof platform
Even the AMD Bulldozer housefires have been making gains for years because of improvements in application multi-threading. Pull the other one, I hear it plays jingle bells.

>Useless for now, Intel leads the industry they know what to build and not to build.
So you're trying to argue Intel are right just because Intel can't be wrong because they're Intel? Uh-huh.

>Not an argument.
So we should assess everything as though buyers have infinite money? Riiiiight.

The 7700k is a four core part, isn't it? I'm never again buying a desktop processor with less than eight cores.

Not to mention that the later batches of it don't even overclock as well as the early ones. And they have unexplained thermal spikes, sometimes even at idle.

B..But, usb3, ddr4, m.2 and optane.
It's the future, I swear.

jews told them to

Liar

I was in contact with Intel support during my previous job (real-time kernel development for a telco vendor). This was not some kind of first line support, but a strategic partnership support. They are either fucking retarded or simple liers. Their engineer tried to convince me that the hardware bug I'm seeing is normal work. That shit stopped servicing interrupts and they said it was fucking ok. This was their Xeon platform. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY ARE RETARDED AND INTEL HARDWARE IS A BUG RIDDEN CRAP FEST.

No shit, these retards fucking FIRED VALIDATION TEAMS.

Let me rephrase what he said - if not for games you wouldn't have modern high performance affordable cpus. All productivity stuff has very small target audience that is mostly business related and can afford $1000+ for a cpu. Exactly where intl's previous 6+ core cpus were aimed at. Once again, the market for scientific programming, compression, compiling, music production, etc. is very small. And web browsing could be done on pentium.

So, he is right - video games are responsible for existence of high performance affordable cpus. And thus it is retarded to dismiss video games when testing these high performance cheap cpus.

>So, he is right - video games are responsible for existence of high performance affordable cpus.

No, this is completely wrong. Intel created a product segment targeted at gamers but that segment did not drive CPU production. The biggest driver for all CPU development has always been servers...more power for less energy.

>Intel
>Just Wait(TM)

Xeons are $14k+. Can average consumer buy one? No. Once again - games are responsible for high performance AFFORDABLE cpus.
R7 is best for production and compiling stuff. Is it best seller? No, 1600 is. Because of gamers.
You would have nothing but basic mobile chips and $1000+ multiple core cpus for universities, businesses, etc. in the consumer market if not for games. Games are literally the only reason we have $400 high performance chips.

They can't. They've already hit the single core wall with the 7700k and 7740k. More cores is their only option, unfortunately for them that means giving away their single core advantage (which purely results from clock speed) while they will still lose in multi-core to Ryzen.

Intel is fucked until their new arch.

Hope they give me enough time to sell one of my kidneys

-Intel has been manipulating benchmarks for ages
-Intel Management Engine (free access for NSA)
-More money left for beer
-Consume beer
-Profit

>Xeons are $14k+.

wut

>You would have nothing but basic mobile chips and $1000+ multiple core cpus for universities, businesses, etc.

You are completely ignoring the fact that we've had desktop CPUs for 30 years. Gaming didn't magically make them better.

>tells to stop overclocking

this can't be real

- higher core count and more threads
- good enough gaming performance since that's not my main focus anyway
- superior performance in threaded tasks
- inexpensive compared to similar Intel offerings
- supporting Intel's only competition (beneficial to everyone)

Have you been living under a rock the last few days?

>R7 is best for production and compiling stuff. Is it best seller? No, 1600 is. Because of gamers.

you could use this same logic to ask why i5 laptops outsell i7 laptops

it's because the price/performance ratio flatlines at the top-end so you are stuck paying a huge premium for a tiny performance gain

it has nothing to do with gaming, it's just economics

Hahaha oh it's real. The goodest goys got absolutely turbocucked by kiketel lately between this and the NSA root access to their CPUs

why would i buy that shit when 2500k is more than enough for my use?

I can give you more than 3
1. Much better multi thread performance (AKA the one that matters)
2. No Intel backdoor botnet exploit which was exposed recently (with many more soon to come probably)
3. Cheaper motherboards. Can overclock with a B350.
4. Runs cooler, even when OC.
5. Doesn't stutter (because CPU usage never reaches 100% usage).
6. Doesn't support a greedy company who will keep producing mediocre incremental improvements while charging more.

I was implementing WiMax in an isolated zone of my country.

>paying overpriced CPU's
>can't even do whatever you want without blowing them up

Intelshills are byond cuck

>Let me rephrase what he said - if not for games you wouldn't have modern high performance affordable cpus.

>7-year-old overclocked i7-2600k still outperforms kaby lake i7
>gaming drives cpu development

If you haven't noticed, CPUs haven't gotten faster for gaming, just more energy efficient. So how could you possibly argue that gaming is driving CPU development when clearly it is power/watt aka servers?

>pic related

what are the xeons that can be used on consumer boards then?

Any of them

There are plenty of consumer lga2011 boards that don't require ECC ram or that other nonsense

They are just as cheap as LGA1151 boards: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157543&cm_re=lga2011_motherboard-_-13-157-543-_-Product

You used to be able to run them on the same boards as i7s, but ever since Skylake Intel has gone even more jewish and now you need a C-series chipset or else it will fry your CPU.

Games are sole reason for existence and crazy popularity of i7-2600k. It is too powerful for an average non-gaming user and not powerful enough for professionals.

>-Intel Management Engine (free access for NSA)
Bump

They may keep their single core advantage, but it will be so slim (12.5-15%) it won't even be worth it.

Yeah, a 7 year old CPU

That's not exactly "driving the market"

Why improve if there is no competition and your sales through the roof?
And don't play stupid - all i5 and i7 cpus after that are primary focused on gamers.

doesn't amd have their own version of that too?