He bought a 7700k

>He bought a 7700k
>Not buying a 6700k
>Kabylake runs hotter than Skylake
>Paying more for something 4% better
>He has to delid his CPU in order to overclock

I failed delidding my 6700k senpai. Stop laughing at me ;_;

2b more like 2 cute feet (。>﹏

I have nothing to say that will contribute to OP's thread, I just wanted to say I never get tired of that cute butt.

Please keep posting it.

Why would you even try to delid the 6700k?
it temp are fine.

>he bought a K series Skylake processor
>paying more to overclock when you can BCLK overclock non-K Skylake chips

>He bought a 6700k
>Not buying a 7740k
>It will totally be soldered this time
>We swear on we mums

whoa, but can it be done without downgrading hte bios?

>90% core stress
>4.4ghz
>90°c fine
ok user at least AMD doesn't jew its users to their face with shitty compound.

>BCLK overclock
That 50 MHz before major system instability is totally worth it.

(。>﹏

>Another satisfied 7700k owner.

hownew.ru

i want to sniff those feet

I bought a 6600k 6 month ago. How fucked I am?

>tfw want to build pc
>can't figure out what the fuck to buy because of all of this mis(did?)information

Halp

Nice. I was only able to get my i3 6100 to 4400 ghz stable.

do you use superfluid to cool it?

>used to own a 6700k
>said 6700k would hit 88C under encoding load at stock speeds and stock voltage on a single fan, single tower cooler.

Meanwhile my r7-1700X only hits 59C under the same load with the same cooler overclocked to 3.7ghz inside the same case. All while getting my encoding done faster.

There is literally no reason to buy Intel at this point in time unless you're looking to do 144hz gaming or Intel does massive price drops.

Nice
Were is a tutorial to do it?
Think to do it to my i7 6700, I have the mobo h170m-d3h can I do it or only z and x motherboards?

>tfw my 2500k just werks

i got a 6700k for $270, they price matched microcenter 110%

No VT-d.

no need for it

What the fuck are you doing with your 6700k if its hitting 90's? I know this is probably another bait but please shut the fuck up.

the only good intel product is a xeon

1. Get the right BIOS
2. Overclock like normal except you're incrementing BCLK instead of the multiplier
3. Remember your RAM speed is also based off the BCLK so reduce your RAM multiplier to keep it stable

Oh nevermind you need specific Z170 boards that have the right BIOS, yours won't work

A What? I use one of those corsair water coolers

Which one? I don't know of any superfluid-based coolers from Corsair that can cool 4400GHz.

My i3 wasn't quite stable at 4.8GHz and ran too hot for my taste (it would probably be stable with a better cooler) but it runs fine at 4.6GHz on a $20 chink air-cooler

post feet

wh-why

saved

>he fell for the k meme

I own a 6700k and one core hits dangerous temperatures at 1.32V while all other cores are cool (under water).

So the QC on the thermal interface between the die and the heatspreader is awful on Skylake, too.

not him but some chips just don't OC very nicely.

I need it.

Xeon E3 1230 supports VT-d and it was only ~$10 more than the 2500K

2b more like 2 cute feet (。>﹏

ur 2 slo

owo

I get the whole "works on my machine" shit isn't an argument but I can't tell if this is just falseflagging because my 6700k and my friends never get that hot ever
Max temp after a 2 hour render would be an average of 57c in commiefornia summer

Just realized that information was useless without what I'm running it at
4.6 ghz 1.285v