Sup Forums going broke?

gizmodo.com/Sup Forums-is-going-broke-because-of-ad-blockers-1787392549

That's funny...why hasn't Sup Forums tanked yet?

Where is the money coming from Hiro?

SCREENSHOT THIS THREAD CAUSE IT WON'T LAST.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortv.se/sv/FASTIGHETER-TILL-SALU/Salda-objekt/
youtube.com/watch?v=A3EAJex1RVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

moot jumped ship at the right time pretty much. hiro got in mad shit from his old community for selling 2chan user information and has millions in debt he never plans to pay off. it would not be a surprise if he tries to pull the same shit here

>someone said something about a website that is really hard to advertise for because its associated with all sorts of dogshit

Putting this shitty site out of it's misery could be the best thing he's ever done in his life.

good I'll finally be free

this article is also super old. i don't imagine the current revenue streams for this place is very large but if he doesn't care about paying back the money he owes then it just needs to pull in enough stay afloat on a monthly basis.

>date on linked article
>10/4/16
>7 months old
This is old news, OP. As usual, you're being a faggot.

> this article is also super old

8 months ago, which is why it's relevant NOW.

Has the financial situation stabilized? There is no word about it anywhere, but no obvious push to sell Sup Forums passes or more have aggressive ads.

So what is happening? Will Sup Forums just disappear? Or is some anonymous party funding it...and what are their terms?

What would be some good alternatives to Sup Forums in case it does go away? Shitposting is annoying as always, but Sup Forums denizens also have useful/interesting opinions as often as not.

someone will probably just buy Sup Forums out

Why don't we "IPO" Sup Forums and buy the equity?

>Has the financial situation stabilized?

There never was a financial situation (Well, there was, but that was within the first 2-3 years)

I realize you're a newfag so I'll clue you in; some aussie shithead got access to an admin account and logged in to fuck with shit. He found out how many people were paying for Sup Forums accounts - the site was bringing in around $150,000+ /yr, and this was years before the massive explosion in popularity from the last election and before moot sold to hiro.

Sup Forums does not have any actual issues with income. Bandwidth costs per month right now are around $8k - $15k and Sup Forums passes have only increased and this still doesn't even include ads. The website probably has a net profit around $40k / year.

just make the site pass-only :^)

>The website probably has a net profit around $40k / year.
>tfw this all goes into Hiromoot's "hookers and blow" fund

shave chin plz

>Sup Forums
>Chan
>C

STOP FUCKING DOING THIS REEEEEEEE

stop being autistic

> someone will probably just buy Sup Forums out

If it's not profitable then why would anyone buy it out?

The only thing valuable about this place is the naive assumption users make about the anonymity and the "rawness" of the information/opinions found here. Taking a robin hood-esque masthead like Hiro away from this place would create a lot of suspicion and scrutiny.

Bandwidth costs per month right now are around $8k - $15k and Sup Forums passes have only increased and this still doesn't even include ads. The website probably has a net profit around $40k / year.

Where are you getting these numbers from?

Do you know what Sup Forums's personnel costs are? Even you state popularity has increased since the last election, so moderation costs should be going up. Is ad revenue going up at the same ratio?

Somebody wanted to buy it when gookmoot tried to get money desperately.

janitors literally work for free

But what are they cleaning and to what end?

>moderation costs should be going up

leave hiroshimoot alone

shitposts and they do it for the hotpockets

>That's funny...why hasn't Sup Forums tanked yet?
Hiro replaced J-List ads that the tech-savvy Sup Forums audience blocked with fake news ads that the mongoloids browsing Sup Forums actually click on.

maybe range banning every 4g endpoint on earth when half of all web traffic of on mobile devices wasn't such a great idea
this and /wsg/ are the only fucking boards I can post on, fuck this site

Can I get uhhhhhhh one Sup Forums?

>moderation costs

this is literally the answer. Sup Forumsedditors actually see and click on ads.

as if they couldnt be more of mouth breathers

>pls buy Sup Forums pass

Who is moderating Sup Forums? And Sup Forums has become a particularly visible...and I hate to say it -- an influential mouthpiece of Sup Forums. I can think of more than a few parties who would love to pay to have mod rights there.

Not sure what you mean by that but similar question along that line of thinking is costs of hiring professionals for legal assistance because i bet a site like this is a magnet attracting a lightning storm of numerous legal issues. Considering some of the stuff that goes on around here Im kinda surprised the people running it are not in prison, I mean if I started up a site like this I'd fear they'd put me in prison because I dont have connections to powerful people.

If the time ever came where he couldn't afford upkeep, I'd happily host it in my data center.

I did my part :)

same

your raspberry pi doesn't count as a datacenter

hello friends

do you really think that Sup Forums mods aren't alphabets and leftists?

I hope the site closes. It was fun while it lasted but now it's full of shills and kids from reddit. I just want it to end. This has gone on way too long.

not OP but you're stupid arent you?

He's trying to make allusion on to why we havent tanked as a webpage, when, 7 months ago, specifically, we went broke, and none of us has stopped using adblockers (mostly due to the gook introducing malware in form of ad's losing the trust of every other retard left).

he managed to get Jlist back on board and are even giving them in-between threads ad-space, premium, if you ask me so.

Space for 1100 racks, 5mw, flywheel based ups, redundant gensets, six physical fiber paths. Should be able to manage.

You forget one thing, the traffic, and the data this site generates . A big company can the losses associated with this shithole in the hopes of winning back the returns in the long run

Swiss Fort Knox?

oh yeah I remember you
how's the cave going?

It's all bullshit, Sup Forums is not going broke. Hiro is a huge fucking jew, look at what he did with 2ch.
Someone please post that image proving that Hiro lied about the bandwidth usage.
Hell why the fuck does he keep adding new boards if revenue was truly an issue?

haha hey boys and girls and boygirls

riddle me this:

how old are you?
where do you live?
what do you work as?
why do you come here?

just curious, that's all

>how old are you?
>where do you live?
Earth.
>what do you work as?
Software engineer.
>why do you come here?
I don't know.

It's coming along, should be done this summer. Actually got hold of two more from the department of fortifications. Sadly they stopped auctioning off any more due to "policy changes abroad".

looks comfy. does it categorize as "bulletproof"

uk
neet
it's a habit like drinking

It handles a direct hit on the mountain from a 3mt minuteman III. So I guess.

how much did you pay for this?

BUNKER BRO! What's up?
What are you planning on doing with this?

~$200k

With this bunker or the others?

Reminder, if you haven't put your nuclear-secure mountain cave hideaway on giant springs yet, even smaller explosions on your mountain can put cracks in your walls and foundations!

Hiro lied to get people to buy passes. I think it was someone from 4*2chan who pointed out he cropped the cloudflare bandwidth graph in a way to mislead people.

>With this bunker or the others?
The others?

Just with everything really.

It has springs and some nice three meter reebar anchors with copper netting behind the shotcrete. Reinforces the facility walls/ceilings/floor and also makes it emp resistant.

> do you really think that Sup Forums mods aren't alphabets and leftists?

I think at one time they probably were.

I also think that if Hiro were in financial straits, he hasn't the backbone to not take a sweet deal from a politically motivated entity who wants to control the conversation on what is now a very well known forum for politically unpopular opinions.

Ooooh, nice!

Turning two into data centers, and one which I really like into my home (the mountain sits next to the sea so awesome view on top).

I only bought a pass because I wanted to make lots of insightful and well thought out posts (shitpost) in China because all of the free VPN's were banned and a cheap paid one I used with my friend was super slow

>personnel costs
Psh, nothin personnel kid

But seriously they do it FOR FREE

reddit

>gizmodo
Wow, quality source

Spicy meme you got there :^)

Shit. You gonna rent out VPS's or something?
Fucking lucky though, I wish I had my own bunkers haha. Living in the mountains sound fun.
Installing fiber must've been expensive.
Also if they're in different locations you should try and connect them with tunnels somehow.
So far how much has everything costed you?
Cheers bro.

>moderation costs

>he has multiple
how fucking rich are you?
an actual saudi oil prince?

This is like having your own dr evil supervillain complex

>Sup Forums's personnel costs

A "man" becomes the utmost newfag with one simple trick.

More than 100km+ between them so a bit hard to connect. Fiber is pretty cheap to install actually, bought it from China.

All on auction, seems no one is that much interested to buy them. Got one of them for $1400+tax and its huge.

I'm renovating one of the radar control rooms to a copy of the dr strangelove war room movie set. (pic)

>equity

Sup Forums's liabilities outweigh its equity though.

>bought an actual bunker for less than the price of a junker

i don't belief

bunkeranon any place I can keep up to date on your renovations and eventual data centers?

>More than 100km+
Oh yea, fuck that. Do you own these bunkers just for data centers? Or do you want to be prepared for the worst?

>Fiber is pretty cheap to install actually, bought it from China
Oh fuck yea, you also occasionally post on csg. China can really help you save a lot of money.

Also how the fuck did you get one of them that cheap? Hell I would fucking buy one for that price!

If you need an employee I'm in

y no post on DIY /cries

why couldn't him inject board related sponsor threads like he does in Sup Forums?

>10/04/16 10:30am

Low on replies OP?

It's a bit of a weird one, used to store jet fuel, then strategic oil reserve. But they cleaned it out for me (only took them 10 years). It has the huge space in the pic which is 200 meter long, 110 meter high and 35 meter wide. Also a small bunker complex of ~1200m2.

>trying to change a ceiling lightbulb 110 meters up

/diy/

Bit of both, started out as just a fun thing and good value for the property.

>Henchman no1

Will post next week, got a few updates.

Sup Forums could monetize /soc/ and all the dick threads so guys could hook up with other guys

Well considering the fact moot ran this place at a serious loss for nearly a fucking decade and ended up in silly amounts of debt, probably yeah, Hiro.

Hiro likely expected this site to be "a steal" and could totally make it work.
But this community are considerably larger leeches than 2ch were.
Not to mention abuse image-posting. (reaction images and other misc shitposting)
It is a wildly different community.

To be honest, one thing he needs to do is put ads on ALL external links to Sup Forums.
Fuck outside leeching cunts.
No more direct image embeds from facebook kiddies.
It was trialled here but on ALL users because moot was a fucking moron.

oh you're just trolling

>Bit of both, started out as just a fun thing and good value for the property.
Thanks bro, cheer.
Where can I check bunkers out? I want to buy one.

It's time to end this site.

All of you know it.

I dunno man, I'm bored. If you want a henchman, I'm in. I've got a few years of data center experience and currently studying CCNA Data Center.

Department of fortifications website, they auction out anything from small cabins, islands, forests, bunkers, etc.

Some of the recent sold properties (one 3000m2 bunker for $300k)

fortv.se/sv/FASTIGHETER-TILL-SALU/Salda-objekt/

because they could buy it and make it profitable in some way outside of donations and ads

Oh fuck you're not in the US ey?
I guess I am fucked haha. Maybe I could make my own someday?
youtube.com/watch?v=A3EAJex1RVo
That's pretty rad though, you have a lot of shit to possibly buy.

What's more profitable than winning political warfare of a populace?

>tfw can't buy bunkers here because they're not in buildable areas even though they're already built and useless

>Do you know what Sup Forums's personnel costs are?

Sinister.ly

Huh, I didn't notice until now..

>$1400+tax

you mean per square meter?

Hi
Can we talk in /soc/?

>ads
Just for your info there are jlist ads in Sup Forums right now (troll ads btw).
Of all the boards it had to be Sup Forums. Fuck you hiro, let Sup Forums pay instead. Sup Forums did nothing wrong.