At what age did you move out of your parents house? And what age is socially acceptable in your country?

At what age did you move out of your parents house? And what age is socially acceptable in your country?

I'll live with my mum forever unless I get a gf, job or do a university degree.

Are you working on any of those? how's your progress?

I almost did until I got old enough when it switched to my mother living with me because I support her.

26, living at home working full time at the moment, but I've been away for years at a time. moving out permanently in 3 months, just needed a year working like a motherfucker to build my savings up a bit, have been pretty povvo

I was 19. Early 20s seems to be when you're expected to move out assuming you're either going to study or have a job.

Pretty much this
Actively working on a degree, maybe ill get a job in between if you don't suck too much at school and a wouldn't mind a gf if i could get one

>If I could get one

You mean it's not your choice? Things just happen to you on their own?

I'm only 18 turning 19 I guess you could say I'm working on getting a girlfriend by losing weight, not currently working on getting a job but I might go to university next year don't know if I would rather study IT (which could be a risk) or just do a teaching degree and get a steady job as a Teacher.

If you count college, 20. If not, then now, at 23 going on 24. I'd say if you're not out by 25, you're doing something wrong.

ya sort of, i know you can't just look for someone to love, but you can't sit on your ass either and wait for things to happen

I can live with the fact that i could die alone, but i would rather not

I live with my parents, my grandma, my uncle, and my first cousins. It's a big house, and family is essential to Iranian life and culture. Soon Im gonna get married and ill still live here until i can get an apartment

Western houses are the embodiment of the west itself. Nice and beautiful on the outside but on the inside they're ugly, bland, and have deteriorating families. You Cucks!

>At what age did you move out of your parents house?
My family loves me, so never.
>And what age is socially acceptable in your country?
22-23 is pushing it. It used to be 18 but no longer.

My parents were basically adults when they were 15-16 my mum had already moved out to another state and my dad had a full time job what went wrong in the western world?

Moved out at 21, however in my city (Sydney) most people live with their parents much longer than that, because this city is expensive as fuck. being a full time student here and living away from home is near impossible without assistance.

It's even socially acceptable to live with your parents here until you're 30. Along with the cost, this is also influenced by our large number of Italian/Greek immigrants who traditionally don't move out of their parents' homes until marriage

Are you Italian?

20 to go to uni

It kind of depends, I don't feel like there's much pressure to move out if you don't need to, at least in your 20s, my mum was really sad

early 20's

Can we talk about how old you can be and still be 2-4 roommates? At some point you have to grow up and support yourself on your own.

my parents have told me that i can move back home whenever i want and for how ever long i want. they even left my bedroom as it was when i left.

i dont know 2bh. hongcouver is a very expensive city to live in so its not odd to find people 30+ living with their parents.

My brother lived with at least one or two other roommates until he was 28 or so.

Eh sounds comfy our generation is different I could see friends living together forever because housing is so expensive.

I know a guy who is 34 and he lives with 2 crazy early 30's women. The 3 of them found each other on CL. He always says that his roommates are always crazy. None of his real friends want to room with him anymore...

>Can we talk about how old you can be and still be 2-4 roommates?
i think it kind of depends on the city. in places like hongcouver and probably sydney its just more economical to live with other people.

Yeah I could definitely see a point where past 30 most people willing to live with roommates have a few screws loose.

I know a divorced guy in his 50's who lives with another guy, I think they rent together but the other man might be the home owner. He did own a house and whatnot but the marriage saw to that.

>more economical
Living with your parents is frequently free. That is my point. Eventually you need to get to maximum freedom of having your own place.

17, for my studies.
Most people move out in their early 20s I'd say, living with your parents past 25 would seem odd.

im semi-independent. so i dont know if this is counted, i moved to izmir from istanbul at age 20 for university. so i going to my "home" only in summers and semesters. im working in summers and only get only rent money from my father

> And what age is socially acceptable in your country?
its common with universites so its about 18-20
otherwise, if youre working and youre +20, did the military service, your parents would ask for marriage. after marriage youre moving or if youre not nuclear family you can stay with your family a bit more.
tl;dr: its acceptable in 20

Still living here at 22.
25+ is when I'm going to move out. Pretty normal here.