7 years of no virus and now I see this shit...

7 years of no virus and now I see this shit. For some reason it hasn't done jack shit to my processes or anything but still.

Should I just reformat and not look back?

Reformat and install gentoo.

>using windows 10
you deserve it

Format and install Gentoo + Linux.

Hides in FF user profile... sneaky. Have you been visiting dirty websites user?

What did you try to crack?

>affects firefox cache
This can happen on Linux, seeing as it's a Firefox vulnerability. By default in most distros, Firefox has full filesystem access, and any exploits targeting this make browsing the web vulnerable on Linux.

Use firejail

>all these linux shills

It's a false positive op

Firefox stores shit in that location of sites you visit including viruses but they don't actually get activated from the cache unless you manually do it. Just clear your cache/history and it's gone.

>By default in most distros, Firefox has full filesystem access
Firefox doesn't have root access. That would be an exploit and it would be a famous one if it existed. Not saying one couldn't exist. Just haven't heard of one yet and I hope I don't but you never know. Trojans and all kinds of things can be found on linux but it's far less likely they will do anything on the linux system.

At least now in windows you get to click 'ok' before something executes. If you have a good antivirus/firewall, it'll give you a warning as well. In linux you are asked for root access with your password. Pretty similar just in linux it's native.

Delete your Firefox profile, make a new one, rescan, and stop browsing without an ad blocker. Ideally, install a real OS while you're at it.

Not default, and not user friendly when used effectively.
>Firefox doesn't have root access.
Firefox has read/write access according to the user that launched it. Write access to the home directory is enough for certain exploits.

I use adblock pro but sometimes things slip though it I suppose. My firefox clears cache on exit but this time windows defender scanned that folder when I had a browser open. Looked up the virus effects and affected locations and it didn't seem to have even activated at all. Full re-scan and nothing so I guess I'm fine.

>At least now in windows you get to click 'ok' before something executes.
And most people just go ahead and click OK because what do they know?

>I use adblock pro but sometimes things slip though it I suppose
>adblock pro
Yeah no wonder shit slips through lel

That's always been my policy. I don't trust anything except a full disk nuke to clear out garbage like that. And to hell with browsing unknown sites so casually OP. Get Ubuntu on Windows and use w3m to peek at new places first.

>And to hell with browsing unknown sites so casually OP.

So you just restrict yourself to a few "safe" websites? That's pathetic

Install linux.

best decision I ever made.

On a full browser, yes. If I need to go elsewhere it's probably only to read something and w3m (or cached/archived pages) work fine for that.

It's basically the same policy I use for USB flash drives. I restrict plugging them in to a few "safe" computers and use alternative means elsewhere.

>no gears of war 4
>no forza horizon 3
>no halo
>no dx12 for future games
>no native office suite

How's it feel being a pleb

Firefox doesn't have root access user. Unless you run it with sudo. A kid did that once and some Russian hacker or some shit encrypted his entire drive

Those games are all shit though

And also available on Xbox

Are you telling me you spent $1000+ for a glorified gaming console?

>Linux shills
>because there's no way someone would genuinely dislike my gayming toy OS

kys

> reformatting your entire OS when a few firefox items are the only files affected

You don't understand the OS you're using, and rest assured Sup Forums certainly doesnt either. Just delete your fucking Firefox profile and restart the browser.

Better yet- use a more secure browser as Firefox is the butt end of all security jokes.

>you don't understand the OS you're using
I don't think Microsoft does, either. All the people that did either left or got fired so they could be replaced with pajeets who just copy/paste .dlls because they don't understand the source code

>because they don't understand the source code
I'm convinced they lost the source code and don't have the resources to write a completely new OS. That's why W10 is just 8.1 with tons and tons of garbage sloppily sewn on top

unfortunately, you both don't know what you're talking about. i'm a BSD guy myself, so i dont have a dog in this race.

but you guys arent saying anything that makes sense.

just disable usb autorun in administrative policies

Why the fuck aren't you using uBlock Origin?

I'm honestly impressed that there are people out there who think that xbox games are a selling point for a pc os.