Post books Sup Forumstards recommend yet never read

Post books Sup Forumstards recommend yet never read.

I read CPT&T, and applied it at work.

the c book and the data structure crap posted all the time in dpt

the c programming language 2nd edition

my apologies rare Sup Forums user.
my experience with Sup Forums users is a young kid who knows one language and thinks its enough to get a job without an education

Learning C from the C book now.

I think it's the only Book i have thats written in Times New Roman on a Computer

Introduction to algorithms. Seriously fuck this book though. The proofs make no sense theres better ones online anyway

Oh god that cover is just screaming late 80s chi, I about to read that shit now because of it.

I've only read the first volume of this book.

"Introduction" is exactly what the book is not.
The book is written in a way that sets the reader up for failure.
The book does not provide a clear way to translate the pseudo code into real code, especially for beginners, this creates needless confusion. The book does not provide many visuals to assist the reader in understanding the algorithm, instead they provide mathematical notation.

I would only recommend the book to a person that has already done an advanced algorithms class, only as a reference.

I feel that people who recommend this book are trying to help, they're trying to scare people away using lisps horrible syntax

I don't recommend those ones either.

link pdf to op

i need some reading material

LISP has no syntax

But Scheme has almost no syntax and it's quite refreshing to learn a non-"c style" language.

Also SICP is very well written, I don't know how someone could possibly stop after the first three lessons, when the party starts to get funky..

Literally thousands of programmers have learned C with K&R and I think it's the best intro book for it.

Also CLRS is a great book if you want solid fundamentals about data structures.

Fuck why won't you recommend books to read instead? If we spent our time talking about books that shouldn't be read, we'll die of old age.

Get to reading then

don't you fucking dare take a shit on the dragon book faggot

>Also SICP is very well written, I don't know how someone could possibly stop after the first three lessons, when the party starts to get funky..
SICP goes too slow

>Also CLRS is a great book if you want solid fundamentals about data structures.
Sedgewick is better

Have you ever actually tried reading that shit though? It's drier than your gran's cunt.