Let's settle this

You Android fanboys say that iOS lacks some features you badly need in your daily life. And that would be? Please refrain from going too deep, like powering up your dragon dildo from USB OTG.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nTlUoYUapK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Powering up my dragon dildo from USB OTG.
Using a custom launcher.
Being able to install shit that isn't on the crapp store.

>Please refrain from going too deep
Why that exclude ?
When you ask this question you should accept all answers.

Also: What a shitty captcha, pic related

I prefer Android because of the vast number of custom roms available for the device...
Don't like the stock ROM...switch to miui or resurrection remix,problem solved
Didn't like iOS ? Deal with it..

i cant build iOS
>i cant get a custom rom on iphone
iphones are for people that arent into tech
i would buy my grandma an iphone and not an android

Playback of any video file, multi windows and systemwide adblock

Macrodroid app and my macros
explanation:
youtube.com/watch?v=nTlUoYUapK4

>badly need in your daily life
yep, that's true

An actual file manager.
Also, I can't believe how bad the battery life is on my mom's 5S. Even her shit tier LG she had before had better battery.

Just use legacy captcha...

Basically shit. A real file directory is kind of necessary for flexible computing. The fact that any content on my phone must be accessed through Apple approved software is insane.

A built in file manager

>Didn't like iOS ? Deal with it..
It's the same thing with Android. Even custom ROMs are still Android.

Dont spam Sup Forums with your youtube videos for views pajeeth

Having a proper proper file manager

In the same way that Arch and Elementary are both Linux. Same core, very different experience.

USB on the go for the dragon dildo

You could modify your system to use a terminal emulator as a launcher, then install a Gentoo stage 3 tarball on your phone and use it as a GUI-less Gentoo.

A Sup Forums app with the capability to play webm

Posted via Mimi

There is one feature that will eternally BTFO iOS: root access.

Pros for using an Android device:
>cheaper (actually they cost between $50-$1000 so it's very relative)
>doesn't have overpriced accessories
>3.5mm + mini-USB universally accepted on them
>mSD
>better camera on most devices
>better battery life on some phones
>some devices have wireless charging
>back button
>can be used as a flash drive, without having to use LagTunes (so it can also be a Bootable Media)
>can share files with other devices over BT/WiFi
>deletable default/system apps
>superior rooting
>great variety of phones
>adjustable interface
>superior operating system overall
>better apps
>better multitasking
>file manager (even dumbphones have this)
>can download and install software outside a single app store
>can download certain files without 3rd party apps
>can download over 100MB at once
>can torrent, become a tiny server, overclock/underclock, and more
>AdAway, XPrivacy, AFWall+, Lucky Patcher, additional security and privacy apps, custom ROMs, system tweaks, easy recovery, more features and apps
>more useful apps for tech competent people
>even if you jailbreak an iPhone to get a few additional features, a rooted Android device still has 10x features, it even has more features when it's not rooted
>is an actual smartphone, instead of being an overpriced dumbphone
>pretty much a computer in your pocket

iPhones are made for consumers only, those who will just use social media and nothing else. They're just an expensive hobby, popular because mindless consumers worship brands. Android is made for everyone, including consumers, and can do almost anything a desktop OS can do, plus whatever iOS can do. Lower end Android devices may be slower, but they come at 1/8 price of an iPhone and still can do much more. You can almost always fix an Android phone yourself instead of paying a pajeet $100 to check what's wrong and another $200 to fix it. You can't turn an iPhone into a useful tool and you're very limited when using it.

Headphone jack, expandable storage, root access, installing apps from outside of the default repository...

>mass storage
>too deep

This guy won the debate
/Thread

File browser

Likewise, what features make iOS worth using over Android?

You can change the "experience" of android by simply changing the launcher and its the exact same thing as when you install two different distros its just different GUIs ontop of the same thing

not scaring girls away?

Why would a girl be scared away by android? Moat girls i know use android

The majority of consumers put quality of features over quantity of features, that's why Applel is still dominating so hard.
iOS pros
>little to no fragmentation
>long term updates
>incredible app support
>best ecosystem across multiple devices
>iOS is much more stable than Android
>iOS can actually do ram management
>far superior security
>UNIX

Now list iPhone pros.

There are none

>UNIX
Yeah not really. While macOS is indeed UNIX certified iOS is not and never was. Being a stripped down version of macOS* it is UNIX like. Android is also UNIX like so there. I agree with the other advantages.
I would also add objectively better design for both GUI and apps which is very important for normies.

*Best decision Apple made, it was this or iPod OS, which would have severely limited smartphones today

This is coming from someone who used to own an iPhone 3GS, 4, 5S, and SE before he got a oneplus 3

>Torrenting
I can immediately start streaming things without having to wait for the entire file to download and data connection interruptions will not stop me from watching what I already downloaded.

>Sup Forums app
Browsing Sup Forums on safari is just a huge pain in the ass and the only Sup Forums apps available for iOS are either shit or require you to hack your iPhone

>Native File Browser
Organizing things is very easy and simple.

>Multi-tasking
You can actually do real multi-tasking. Apps will load and still be there when you go back to them. No reloading happens.

>No More iTunes
After all these years it has always been the most frustrating required program to get full access to your iPhone. Half the time it just froze and threw random errors. Updates consisted of changing the skin and adding more U2 songs nobody fucking asked for.

>No More Gimping updates
Every time I updated my iPhones they would mysteriously get slow even after a factory reset. Battery life would also mysteriously decrease. Any updates my oneplus 3 gets doesn't do any of this.

>Security
High ranking celebrities have had their "encrypted" nudes leaked all over the internet like 20 times already and the FBI got inside an "encrypted" iPhone many times over. I can't take apple's "security" seriously anymore.

>No More 100MB Download Limit
This was one of the most frustrating "features" all my iPhones had.

>Phone Can Be Used As Flash Drive
This feature has been more useful to be than I'd like to admit.

To top it all off all my iPhones had abhorrent battery lives, charging time, screen quality, and cell reception compared to my oneplus 3.

>pretty much a computer in your pocket
Pretty much this. Android feels like you're using a real, fully featured operating system, with a mobile interface. It doesn't try to restrict you.

Except there is no device that comes with root access out of the box and you can also root iOS. I actually find it humorous that root is actually more important on iOS than on Android because there's so many basic tasks that can't be done without jailbreaking.

>RAM management
No. Android just uses RAM for caching, you can't say that's a bad use of RAM since it gives you much faster app access.

>superior security
Not true at all. Their "security features" are retarded. Thousands of people get locked out pf their phones every year, it's a chore having iOS on your phone. Fucking joke. On android you get access to many better security tools.

>best ecosystem
B8

Android hasn't been shit since v5/6. Even if most android devices are weaker than iPhones I'd always buy them just because the OS is better. I'd rather have a PC-tier OS than a console-tier one. Good hardware is really the only thing Apple has against most phone manufacturers.

>Good hardware is really the only thing Apple has against most phone manufacturers.

Agreed 100%

So I've been using a second hand iPhone 6s as my daily driver the past few weeks.

I bought it as a device to test my shitty indie games on and decided I might as well give it a chance

Considering the only android phones I've had have been mid-lower end, I absolutely love the design of the iphone. I love things like apple pay and the finger print scanner, simple stuff like that which I didnt have before.

But with the lack of features I'm more than ready to put my sim card back into my android device.

The only thing I've gotten from my experience with daily driving this thing is the urge to buy a higher end android that has those features I liked so much.

Honestly, I consider Android to be the poor man's iOS. I have a £200 Android phone because I can't afford a £400-700 iPhone. But Android 7 is good enough that it's a perfectly acceptable alternative, which couldn't be said for older versions.

>an iPhone 7 with 2GB of ram can keep 20+ apps in the background, ready to go
>an s8 or google pixel with double the amount of ram can't

>thousands of people get locked out their phones every year
Don't be retarded enough to forget your apple id and password, I guess?

>best ecosystem
Not b8, name a better ecosystem of consumer devices than apple's.

>actually they cost between $50-$1000 so it's very relative
Vertu would like a word with you, they've made phones for more than twelve thousand EUROS. No idea what that is in your monopoly money. Also, Walmart has stocked $5 android phones. Yes, "full" smartphones but the reviews were painful.

>iToddler's only defense is comparing iShit to $20 burners

lmao

Not sure what you got out of my post but you clearly dont see which side of the fence I'm on.

This. Storing files on my computer should be the first thing any os should do. It's almost useless without it. Also Sup Forums apps and emulators. And webms.

Being able to access the file system remotely with SSH, let's you do all sorts of cool things

For example, automatically mounting the file system to your server when connected to your home network. So that means no more plugging in cables to move music etc, just cp/mv with no effort at all

Related

>, I absolutely love the design of the iphone. I love things like apple pay and the finger print scanner,

Now imagine that fingerprint scanner is on the back of the phone in a much more convenient location.

Now imagine you can also use said fingerprint scanner, to open and close your notification bar.

Welcome to Android superiority.

>iOS can also be rooted
No. Jailbreaking is not rooting. Jailbreaking does, for example, not allow you to do deep system modifications like installing a second stage custom bootloader.

>jailbreaking is more important on iOS
Being super restricted and requiring special modifications to get access to some basic tasks is a good thing.

>no pre-rooted devices
Root access would literally grant you the ability of filling your entire internal storage starting from the boot sector with zeroes and therefore hardbricking your phone. Imagine the outrage if your average retard gets a pre-rooted phone and someone tricks him into doing that (could also be disguised by an app made by a "friend" that executes this command once granted root access).

>implying pre rooted phones wouldnt have the ability to boot off an sd card

Good point, but
>implying normalfags can set up a bootable sd card

>green bubbles

t. roastie

price performance ratio

don't have to use sync program to copy to and from my phone
add more momory with SD card

current android fag. going to get the next iPhone. Why the fuck anyone needs a file manager on a phone besides a cloud drive or something is beyond me.

So i can keep track of my text files of course i keep a journal on this thing

>green bubbles
LMAOing at your life

Android is fine but the update situation is a complete joke

I could have blue bubbles for the price of your average midrange android they are not special

Forgot image

...no emulators on iOS? Really?

you can buy an iphone 5s at walmart for 150-200.

But its boost mobile its gross and unacceptable

Apple's pricing is honestly better than that of what any fucking poo skinned Pajeet could ever try to sell/offer you with their overpriced and gimped products and this is coming from someone who has always had and used ShitDroid products. Apple's pricing really only notches

The new apple watch is fucking 400 dollars get fucked

Uh oh.......

no it's not boost mobile, it unlocked with a white apple box. but they push it for simple mobile or whatever their brand of wireless service is.

So then that means yhat blue bubbles can be had for the price of a budget android phone

>iOS lacks some features you badly need in your daily life.
Not exploding.

yeah iOS app store is about the equivelant of the xbox live marketplace. Everything is EXTREMELY catered and walled off, and watched VERY closely and made to make every IP holder happy. You can't even install apps that aren't on the app store, too; there's no apk equivalent. Also no webm playback because apple made gifv (which nobody wants to use and people only begrudgingly use it because it's the only thing iOS supports nicely) and they wanna make sure if any open standard takes off, it's gonna be THEIR open standard.

>The new apple watch is fucking 400 dollars get fucked
Biggest-selling watch ever.

Doesnt make its price any less rediculous

>iPhone 5s
>2013
>Near end of life
>Blue bubbles meme

You can't make this shit up...

Do iphones still require itunes to put anything on them?

Absolutely.

>inb4 muh cloud

only if you want to use Apple's music app

Android gets hacked far, far more.