Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound on the Iphone without Jailbreaking it?

Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound on the Iphone without Jailbreaking it?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/216724175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, and what you're trying to do might be illegal, depending where you are.

Give it back, Jamal.

Put the phone on silent and it doesn't do the shutter sound

Whenever im out in public trying to take a picture of anything, or using snapchat its just loud as fuck and makes me feel like im taking a creepy picture... In America btw

tried this, I have 10.3.1 so they may have made it so it circumvents even that

We're not gonna help you take creepshots you sick fuck.

Is this really the absolute state of iPhone in 2017? My old as fuck Android phone can take pics without making any noise.

make an app that plays the shutter sound all the time, that way people won't know when you're actually taking a photo

You can't turn the shutter sound off? So this is the power of the mist advanced smartphone os.

This is the power of an $800 phone, can't even disable sound effects.

What the fuck are you talking about
I'm on iPhone 7, 10.3.1
You flip the switch on the topleft to make the phone go silent, and I'm able to take photos with no shutter

bystanders HATE him!

you also can't turn off the webcam light on macbooks so you can't secretly record your girlfriends friend changing in your room

Try different camera program?

Not sure if it makes a difference but I have the iphone 5 10.3.1 and I feel like it hasn't been doing this until I updated recently
You could just use tape

>android fanboy retards in this thread believing this

this is outdated sonny

>google image search result is from 2013
>things don't change
got anything more recent?

Nope. Thank the government.

It works for the iPhone 7 too, retards

wouldn't have made this thread if it did

Sort of not very related, but it surprised me a little at the time: My phone (HTC 10) has an option for turning shutter sound off. Shortly after arriving in Korea, I found that it was suddenly on again, even in silent mode, so the phone must have decided to turn it on based on location services.

prove that your phone does this
Because it seems like we're the only two people on Sup Forums that actually own an iPhone, and itwerks on my machine :-)

yeah... "location services".

Depends on the country. Japanese shutter sounds must work even after mute.

how do I prove it?
and when I do, do you know how to solve it?

Yes you can
Turn off SIP and edit a Core Service file

>Triggered

upload a YouTube video showing your phone physically switched on mute & making the sound

Why don't you go to the filesystem and delete the shutter sound file?

Oh, an iPhone.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The best way to not get shutter sound is to
>Throw your phone away
>Not take creep shots in public

This is an option if I could figure out a way to get to the file, even rename it

Remove or disable speakers

they fixed that, it will now hack into other nearby phones or audio producing devices to play the shutter sound

Meanwhile on Android...

It won't even make a shutter sound when you're on silent, atleast not on my s8. Get cucked applebois.

>iphone cant turn off a fucking sound

My fucking sides. Never ever had this problem with android.

If you want to be able to customize your phone you can't use an Iphone.
It's as simple as that.

I bet you fap to creepshots on Sup Forums.

My android has always on camera sound too

I have an iphone 6 plus

whenever I want to take a silent pic, I just put my finger over the speaker holes in the bottom and completely seal it.

Unless you're in a completely silent place, nobody will notice.

My Nexus 5x never had a shutter sound.

my S8 didnt came with this!
WTF!

>retards believing op

iPhone 7Plus here, can confirm that there's no shutter sound after you flip the mute switch

>t. iToddler subhuman

You can't turn it off cause unlike android it's a mechanic shutter. Just enjoy having a better camera

everyone here is an idiot
If your iphone shutter sound is permanently on, it means your phone came from Japan. In Japan they are required to keep the shutter sound on because they're all perverts over there or something.

You buy your phone from Japan or something?

japan pls leave

>record with camera
>manually extract desired frame later on

Et al.

OP has obviously a phone intended for the Asian market. A friend of mine had a galaxy s2 with the same issue and his s5 can turn off the sound. Another friend bought a refurbished iPhone that couldn't deactivate the sound, but all other iPhones I have seen are just silent if you turn the mute switch. So no, this isn't an android/iOS issue, it's an issue whether they built your phone for Japan/korea(?) or for western markets. My 3DS also has a deafening camera sound I cannot deactivate.

OP, if it were so easy to disable the sound on Japanese phones, apple would probably get sued in Japan because they don't prevent creepshots. Without a jailbreak, you're probably out of luck.

I'm on 10.3.1, and for as long as I've had an iPhone if you have the side switch on silent it makes no sound when I take pics with the default camera app.

Do iPhones really not have this feature in software?

same in Australia. If you see a pretty girl go talk to her you loser.

Same happened to me when going to Japan. As soon as I dialed into the cell network back at home, the shutter sound went off again. Funny...

>iphone problems

Mute your phone, Cletus. Or move to a country that respects your rights.

>deleted last post because uguu forces a file download than letting you stream from browser. fucking cletus too.

vimeo.com/216724175

this is correct